Author Topic: The Astronautical Reclamation & Salvage Engineers  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
The Astronautical Reclamation & Salvage Engineers
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
This idea was originally inspired by the thread about what gangs we might like to see in plastic. I'm not sure it's large enough to count as a gang 'though so I'm listing them here instead.

The

Astronautical
Reclamation
&
Salvage
Engineers

obvious acronym

would comprise of four figures. Maybe even five.

Andy Roid/Anne Droid would be an android with very nice manners who's head looks like it was designed by cubists. Andy believes he is male although he's been classified as female due to a lack of male genitalia.

Reginald is an aspiring engineer who dreams of promotion (but he's actually a bit hapless when it comes to giving orders, or doing exams, or being in control of any sort of situation). He likes to try to boss the others around but isn't very good at giving advice or asserting his authority.

Dave Skaggs (a.k.a Skaggsie) is a working class scavenger with dreadlocks and a taste for pot noodles & curry. He has a kind of love/hate relationship with Reginald that's best described as complicated.

Elvis is a particularly vain individual who just so happen to have evolved from cats. He has a ponytail, fangs, a self proclaimed "great fashion sense" and an addition to mirrors or dangling bits of string.

Rumour has it that there may be a fifth member of the team. She is rumoured to be a Womb-An although she's only rarly spotted (and such sightings are even less likely to be corrobotated/confirmed). Exact details as to her appearance vary depending on the reports which makes her existance even harder to confirm.

The A.R.S.E's may come with optional Bazookoids  :paranoid2:.

So what do you guys think? Fun for an idea or not?  :silly
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline trueName

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
    • Ostragoth Publishing
Re: The Astronautical Reclamation & Salvage Engineers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »
I'd go for that.

On a completely unrelated note, a few years ago someone did some not-dwarfers conversions based on some heresy miniatures.  That thread got trimmed recently though, so I can't point you at it.

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »
Sounds like someone should make it into a tv programme!  :wink:

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »
Sounds like someone should make it into a tv programme!  :wink:

Yeah, you don't say. The idea of the Acronym was that they'd each have their own initial on their spacesuit/leather jacket/whatever the cat's wearing. That's why I made it four letters. Astronautical was a bit of a stretch. I'd got as far as "salvage & reclamation" and then the other two letters just fell into place and I started stretching the joke to see how I could incorporate it more.
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
Balgy's talking A.R.S.E. again

:mrgreen:

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »
Balgy's talking A.R.S.E. again

:mrgreen:

How apt for mr Brownlie to notice  :lol:.