Author Topic: Christmas Special 2012  (Read 3783 times)

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
Christmas Special 2012
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
I really enjoyed it (good balance of scary and funny) and looking forward to seeing more of the new companion!
What did everybody else think?

(sorry if I've missed another thread already discussing this, but I can't find one!)

Offline Steve Wingate

• Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Special 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »
Enjoyed it immensely. I usually have trouble staying awake during the Xmas specials post Christmas Pud, but this years was exceptional.
The fact that Jenna-Louise Coleman was in it had nothing to do with it what so ever.  :wink:

vampifan

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Once again, I thought that Jenna-Louise Coleman stole the show. I have a feeling she's coing to be the Doctor's best assistant ever. I'm very much looking forward to the new series and learning the secret about Clara/Oswin.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:55:17 PM by vampifan »

Offline cornishmikey

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • cornishmikeys site
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »
Yup, best one in years. I've still got no idea what the hell that flying shark one was about couple of years back, last years with the wood creatures and Bill Bailey, her from the Fast Show and some random as Space Marine gardeners was a bit meh...Richard E Grant is always grand

But yeah,,,Jenna Louise Coleman  :wub: Mini soon please!

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
Piddles all over last years.

Really enjoyed it.

Really liking the look of the new Tardis. So glad it no longer looks like an explosion in an Irn-Bru factory.

Jenna-Louise Coleman as Clara was fantastic. 

As was Dan Starkey as Strax. And I really hope they end up having him as a full blown Doctors companion as I think that would be awesome.
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Bewildered Badger

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »
As was Dan Starkey as Strax. And I really hope they end up having him as a full blown Doctors companion as I think that would be awesome.

I was initially worried about the return of Strax. He'd had an effective death scene, and resurrecting someone in SF is clichéd. The early scene with him forgetting his gauntlets when fetching the mind worm was rather obvious too, the sort of humour I'd expect from Merlin, though fortunately without that series 'comedy music'.
 By the end the performance had won me over, though. I'd love to see a spin off series with him, Vastra and Jenny.

Offline hawkins

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • Evil? You have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Once again, I thought that Jenna-Louise Jameson stole the show. I have a feeling she's going to be the Doctor's best assistant ever. I'm very much looking forward to the new series and learning the secret about Clara/Oswin.

Zackly this  :thumbup:
You PLAY with GARY every time you pick up the dice

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »
Not sure about that. He was funny, but might drift into being annoying very quickly if over used... He might fit in a spin-off though.
I have yet to see a bad word said about JLC, which is fairly impressive for any new companion!

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »
Think I must have been in contact with a memory worm - only just watched the episode which I recorded xmas day !  :scratchhead:
Really enjoyed it  - Strax was excellent - they seem to do comedy sidekicks quite well in the new series.
JLC is going to work out well - early thought - don't suppose she is a timelady............. ?
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 09:03:58 PM »
Not sure about that. He was funny, but might drift into being annoying very quickly if over used... He might fit in a spin-off though.
I have yet to see a bad word said about JLC, which is fairly impressive for any new companion!

A spin off would be good.  But then it could be a little too much like the Jago and Litefoot spinoff that Big Finish produce.

Maybe they could do it as a kind of what really happened during the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Still love the Childrens in Need prequel.     http://youtu.be/G17_B4uACgg
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:07:42 PM by Tasker »
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »
Strax - NO. Just NO!

JLC - yes. On many many levels yessss
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08