Author Topic: Size Questions  (Read 4142 times)

Offline gingerbhoy

• Worthless Imp
    • View Profile
    • Solo Wargames & Other Things
Size Questions
« on: January 11, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this query [this being my 2nd post here, I'm still finding my way around].

Can anyone help me please? I'm wanting to collect some miniatures for my 7ombie TV Survivor Cast and I've these three HF figures in mind, but I'll be using them alongside fig's from other companies and was wondering about scales being too out of proportion.

HFA074 Destiny

In the 7ombie tv game i'd be using her as a "Suit" co-star archetype - I am aware that with her pose she'll be slightly shorter in overall stature than other figures, but if needed I can attach a two pence piece beneath the base to boost it a couple of millimetres.

HFA113 Donnie

Again, I'd love to know the full height for Donnie - I'm thinking of getting him and using him maybe as the "Star" archetype or as another co-star. but I might go for this guy, instead;

HFA127 Clint

So if anyone's able to give me a help-out with the height of these mini's I'd be grateful to you.

Cheers, gingerbhoy
My Blog - Warning! [NSFW] contains full female nudity, toy soldiers and naughty humour
www.simplycool1234.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Dethkor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Size Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »
Though I don't have any of them yet (I do have other Hasslefree minis for my casts), they will fit in nicely with Zombicide, Wargames Factory etc zombies and survivors.  there shouldn't be any need to raise Destiny on her base for her to fit in.

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:19:53 PM »
Well Hasslefree are more "in proportion" than lots of others.

The hands and feet are fine, but not as fine as some sculptors - so they avoid the "clown hands a feet style" of some manufacturers.

Height... 31 to 32mm to the top of the head, for average men, women are slightly shorter, deliberately short people (like the Kevs) are shorter than average.

Whose figures you using them with?
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline gingerbhoy

• Worthless Imp
    • View Profile
    • Solo Wargames & Other Things
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »
What's made me ask is I've collected a small group of figures for 7TV [spy-types] using a mix of Crooked Dice and Copplestone Castings. My main character figure is Crooked Dice, and is a tall figure. I've paired him off with a Hasslefree figure [HFA068 Morgan (b)] which comes in at 29mm to the top of its head - as shown in the picture on the webstore.

Now they look like a realistic pairing of big strapping fellow and a petite, slender young lady, but I just couldn't get used to the height disparity and have had to boost the HF figure by using a two pence coin under the base - to bring it nearer in height to the other manufacturers [there's also some Gripping Beast in there - Royal Marines]. It just looked too daft, all the big, burly men and the little female. [though in real life this is a possibility].

I'm not a HF hater, and agree about Bungle's comment about HF being" in proportion" - I just would like to try and work out what figures are going to be best for purchase [with my limited funds], to employ in my new 7ombie TV project.

Thanks for the reply's.

---

I've just had a look on the webstore:

morgan Weight: 6.59 grams [this is the figure I have, and it's short and slender]
destiny Weight: 9.94 grams [the afro'd lady in my first post]
...and the gent's are heavier still.

I think this is going to be the best indication as to how "large" figures will be, and I'll no doubt be buy them anyway :D

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:06:54 AM by gingerbhoy »
My Blog - Warning! [NSFW] contains full female nudity, toy soldiers and naughty humour
www.simplycool1234.blogspot.co.uk

Offline MartinWhitmore

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • The Art & Blog of Martin Whitmore
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »
...and I'd be willing to bet you won't regret picking them up! Looking forward to seeing how you paint them up. Welcome aboard!

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artemisblacks.com
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:59 PM »

Destiny - 30mm to the top of her afro (she's quite tall for a woman, standing straight she'd be over 6ft to the top of her afro))

Donnie& Clint *Same height as they were made using the same 'dolly') - 31mm

We try to use roughly an average man of 5ft 10" = 30mm, earlier in HF day it was 28mm but over ten years we have slightly crept up, thankfully Kev's more true porportions means our older stuff still fits with the new stuff they just happen to be more average height.

(While weights are a decent indicator for anything new some of the earlier stuff was accidentally not weighed in a bag with a base etc. so they are a couple grams out - we'll sort that out when we go through the earlier products updating their photographs later int he year)

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
What specific figs mate? I have all theCopplestone and Artizan KKBB a fair few CD  figs and some of the HF figs you mention?