Author Topic: Dwarf shields  (Read 4283 times)

Offline JollyBob

• Heretic
    • View Profile
Dwarf shields
« on: September 19, 2012, 10:36:54 AM »
Quick question folks...

When I bought a few packs of the Feudal dwarves, I picked up some spare sprues of the rounded-off kite shield style ones to replace the different shapes that come in the multi packs.

I was just looking through the armoury and it seems they've disappeared, but will they be coming back or have they been phased out for good?  :?

Just asking as if there are any more packs in the pipeline, I would like to equip them all with the same shield design.

EDIT: I've just realised I've put this in the wrong section.  :oops: Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:10:27 PM by JollyBob »

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
Re: Dwarf shields
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
the rounded off kite ones i think that you mean are the libby shields?

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=libby-shields~hfl041&category=armoury~fantasy
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline JollyBob

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:18:22 PM »
Hi Sal,

No, they were the ones from the original Dwarf multipack, here:

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=dwarf-multi~hfd017&category=miniatures%7Edwarves

Sorry, maybe "rounded-off kite shields" wasn't the best description of them. I'm sure I picked up two extra sprues to replace the different shaped ones in the other packs though.  :scratchhead:

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »
i have a couple of these sprues bought from you direct sally.

i could do with 3 more though
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Scutatus

• Minion
  • Be afraid, be very afraid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
He's right! The oval Dwarf shields that come with the (original) multi-pack have vanished from the store! You cannot at present buy them seperately online. So are they returning Sally? Please say they are. Pretty please.

Come to think of it, weren't the dwarven weapons from the multipacks (the handwapons and spears with molded on hands) made available seperately too? Or did I imagine that? Because they are not there either now. Are they coming (back) soon?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:15:02 AM by Scutatus »
Endeavour to Persevere

Offline Klingsor

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:05:35 PM »
That would be bad, we use them quite a lot, they crop up on the strangest figures - I would not be at all surprised to see one on an Otherworld Orc or a Gripping Beast Viking.

Offline JollyBob

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
I take it that's a "no" then? The original multipack shields have been retired?  :huh?:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
I take it that's a "no" then? The original multipack shields have been retired?  :huh?:

sorry missed this.

no, the dwarf shields will be back.  the mould they were in had expired and i simply forgot to get them put in a new mould...sorry  :(
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline JollyBob

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
Yay!  :smile:

Thanks very much Sally, that's great news.