Author Topic: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION  (Read 280883 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:32 AM »
How are you trying to send it?  I've recently sent rather heavy boxes to the uk for under $40, heck may have even been under 30.  Sent from BC for that matter.  They weren't very small boxes either.  But yes, Can post are crooks.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Alexander The Alchemist

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 26, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
I asked for a range of prices, and to get it to the UK in a reasonable time is more than I can afford. I could send it cheaper, but then there's no tracking number and no guarantee it gets there at all. I don't know what the deadline for sending them in is, but I may be able to do it after I sort out january rent/bills.

Offline daeothar

• Lurker
  • si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes
    • View Profile
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2013, 09:37:39 PM »
Not to be a 'uge pain et all, but I've already sent 3 emails to the hasslefree address regarding the safe arrival of my entry, without a reply and I'm starting to worry it never arrived... 8:::

I can see a lot of 'safely received' comments on the facebook page, but not with the picture of my entry, and I sent it at the beginning of November already. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for the radio silence, but I still thought to try over here as well... :erm:

Anyone else experiencing this?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:38:49 PM by daeothar »
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artemisblacks.com
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2013, 10:02:14 PM »
Not to be a 'uge pain et all, but I've already sent 3 emails to the hasslefree address regarding the safe arrival of my entry, without a reply and I'm starting to worry it never arrived... 8:::

I can see a lot of 'safely received' comments on the facebook page, but not with the picture of my entry, and I sent it at the beginning of November already. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for the radio silence, but I still thought to try over here as well... :erm:

Anyone else experiencing this?

Forward your enquiry to dameon@hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk and I'll make sure Sal sees it. I could answer you myself but Sal is handling the sculpting contest personally so I have no idea I'm afraid.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
I'm sure it's just a time thing. I handed mine and Gothy Beans' entry over in person. Hers is listed as having arrived, mine isn't. Sure, it would be reassuring to have that confirmation, but I'm sure Sally will get around to it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:03:58 PM by Gangrel »
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2013, 03:08:43 AM »
Where's this list?

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • PaintingPossum miniature painting
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2013, 07:22:14 AM »
There is no list, but some of the entries have been noted as received in the facebook album.

Offline daeothar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:59 AM »
Forward your enquiry to dameon@hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk and I'll make sure Sal sees it. I could answer you myself but Sal is handling the sculpting contest personally so I have no idea I'm afraid.
Thanks for that Dameon. I've forwarded my email to you just now.

I'm normally not that nervous; maybe I should cut down on the paint fumes for a while... :crazy:
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:11 AM »
Just got back from a month in Canada... Are all the entrys in yet?

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:40 AM »
 :shrug:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
Just got back from a month in Canada... Are all the entrys in yet?

not yet, about 15 more arrived in the last couple of days, i am just opening them now and will log them onto the FB gallery.

i have sourced an online polling website separate to Facebook or FOD where i will upload the images in the various categories and people will be able to log in and vote.  it was hard trying to find an online polling site where they would let me upload 90+ images for people to vote on without charging me exortionate amounts!

I will give it to the end of the week for any more entries to arrive then will get the poll up regardless.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
Hi Sally,

Just double checking (as I am fully qualified to worry for my country). I handed my entry to Kev, back in December, along with GB's. Hers is listed on FB as having been received, but mine isn't I'm hoping that's just a slip of the keyboard.

Best,
Mike
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »
Just to check, did my gorgon/lamia and the head crab victim arrive?

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #438 on: January 15, 2013, 07:06:53 PM »
will go see!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 15, 2013, 07:56:07 PM »
Thanks. Not urgent though. If they haven't arrived there's nothing I can do.

Offline daeothar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #440 on: January 16, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
Well, I'd still appreciate a bit of confirmation though... :whistle:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2013, 04:14:29 AM »
Just got back from a month in Canada

How'd ya like it over here?

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2013, 07:43:55 AM »
Well, It wasnt Real Canada. My Wife is a newfoundlander so It was all spent visiting family out in the bouneys (sp?). Had a great time except that they didnt get any proper snow till the day we arrived home ; ;. 5ft in one day! That would have been awesome to see.

Offline Dethkor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »
Had a great time except that they didnt get any proper snow till the day we arrived home ; ;. 5ft in one day! That would have been awesome to see.

:lol: Spoken like someone who doesn't have to shove it!

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 18, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
Had a great time except that they didnt get any proper snow till the day we arrived home ; ;. 5ft in one day! That would have been awesome to see.

Shovel it? I wanted to play with the snow blower X3

Offline Dethkor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »

Shovel it? I wanted to play with the snow blower X3

I'll invite you over next time we get a big snow!

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 19, 2013, 04:30:35 AM »
Well, It wasnt Real Canada. My Wife is a newfoundlander

Were you out on "The Rock" as it were or were you on the mainland, Labrador?  Real Canada as I see it, goes from BC where I am, east to the eastern edge of Ontario, then there's a big gap between Newfoundland and Ontario, with some island provinces hanging out a bit south mostly west of the Rock.  I don't really know what the gap is some awful place called Kweebeek, I've heard. :lmao

Offline Dethkor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »

[/quote]
  I don't really know what the gap is some awful place called Kweebeek, I've heard. :lmao
[/quote]

It's called Le Kweebeek La.  They look like us, eat like us and can drink like us but they sound totally different eh.  I know 'cause I live on the river that borders the big gap  :lmao

P.S.  It's snowing again.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »
Is the river frozen at this point?  Thankfully out here on the Wet West Coast, snow rarely lasts for more than two days, if it sticks at all and doesn't melt straight away.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2013, 08:03:07 AM »
I flew into st johns in Newfoundland and then stayed with the inlaws in Carbonear. From what I heard, Labrador is a whole lot of wilderness and not a lot else. I could understand 90% of what most people said and then only 10% of the rest. Though I have spent the past 5 years saying "mate" where they say "maid".