Author Topic: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION  (Read 286112 times)

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »
You'd send your firstborn away to be dipped in a mould and cast in metal?

:whaaa:

Your first-born child? That's sick mate!

Resin surely?

Fingers crossed :P

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
Thanks for getting on the missing ones so fast Sally, mine are there now :D

Do you suppose these will be in store by christmas, perchance? It would be the perfect excuse to spend lots of money   :lalala:

nope, not a hope.  I am sending out the newsletter today with the details of where to send all of the entries and asking people to check the pics to make sure their entry is there so we can get them divided into categories and judging started.

there is another HF release in about a week/10 days .. i am sure i can persuade you to part with some cash then!...lol!

So you haven't ruled out any of the entrys as uncastable? Just want to make sure before I send in all my entrys only to have my fave lost in the either X3 (they are like first born!)
I wouldn't assume anything until Kev sees them in the flesh so to speak. I have my doubts about several entries being single-piece. All it takes is an awkward crevice...

If you're worried about them going missing, just spring for the extra 90p to send them recorded in the post. ;)
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • PaintingPossum miniature painting
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »
Some of them look like there might be some problems casting them, too =/. I'm certainly no expert but I see a few where I suspect the greenstuff will just get plucked right off if they're moulded :(

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »

Do you suppose these will be in store by christmas, perchance? It would be the perfect excuse to spend lots of money   :lalala:

nope, not a hope.  I am sending out the newsletter today with the details of where to send all of the entries and asking people to check the pics to make sure their entry is there so we can get them divided into categories and judging started.

there is another HF release in about a week/10 days .. i am sure i can persuade you to part with some cash then!...lol!

So you haven't ruled out any of the entrys as uncastable? Just want to make sure before I send in all my entrys only to have my fave lost in the either X3 (they are like first born!)
I wouldn't assume anything until Kev sees them in the flesh so to speak. I have my doubts about several entries being single-piece. All it takes is an awkward crevice...

If you're worried about them going missing, just spring for the extra 90p to send them recorded in the post. ;)
I was more worried of a mini being sent off and not cast and thus never seeing it again ; ;

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
Knowing how decent the people at HF are I expect they'll be more than willing to ship uncastables back, if people identify them and pay the postage fee :P

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »

I was more worried of a mini being sent off and not cast and thus never seeing it again ; ;
I don't think there is ANY chance of that. HF might be busy, but they're lovely people who can't do enough to help customers and fans.
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »
I've sent my sculpt off now :)

The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 24, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »
eek, did I miss being told when/where to send?

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #383 on: November 24, 2012, 07:26:55 PM »
Check your e-mails... it was in the last news letter:

"We are now going to need you to send your entries to us, we are going to be doing a lot of moulding to ensure you all get free copies of your entries plus the winners, the sooner we get started the better!

Make sure they are packed securely and safely and pop them in the post to us at:

Sculpting Competition.

Hasslefree Minis

First Floor, 19 Moseley Street

Ripley, Derbyshire, UK

DE5 3DA.
"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:29:06 PM by Inso »
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »
My two went yesterday as well.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 24, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
missed that totally. better send mine off monday :P

Offline Macabre

• The Ghost in the Machine
  • Minion
  • Absolute Sickness
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 24, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »
Nawwww crap, a piece came off mine when I tried to pack her and it'll need resculpting. I guess that puts me out of the whole thing..... :erm:
Machines we are sending to the skies,
Above us all.
And leave behind those who don't know,
Of the final day.
We leave in sleep those who don't know,
(and) we leave at dawn.
We are driven by the B-machine,
Wild B-machine - that never stops.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »
I'd email them.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 26, 2012, 07:28:45 AM »

I don't think there is ANY chance of that. HF might be busy, but they're lovely people who can't do enough to help customers and fans.
oops, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause offence. I thought I read somewhere that they wouldn't be able to return unused greens. Must have been another comp somewhere. ;) Sending off my Entrys tonight!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »

oops, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause offence. I thought I read somewhere that they wouldn't be able to return unused greens. Must have been another comp somewhere. ;) Sending off my Entrys tonight!

if we cant cast it and you want it back then dont worry it will come back to you!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »

if we cant cast it and you want it back then dont worry it will come back to you!
Horray X3

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »
sendied mine orf yesterday. Should arrive today =]

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
My wife betrade me and forgot to pick up my envilope!

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2012, 02:18:01 PM »
you'll forgive her :P

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 28, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »
... eventually  :wink:

Offline Leader of the Rats

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 29, 2012, 01:37:08 AM »
Oh man glad I checked the forum, I didn't get an email about that. I'll send mine out asap. Should I send in a box or padded envelope? My entry is pretty flat without any pieces that could break off, I can wrap it in the little foam squares you get in minis blisters. Whats the preferred method?
Excuse me...Just looking for my pants.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2012, 07:20:36 AM »
Oh man glad I checked the forum, I didn't get an email about that. I'll send mine out asap. Should I send in a box or padded envelope? My entry is pretty flat without any pieces that could break off, I can wrap it in the little foam squares you get in minis blisters. Whats the preferred method?

Mine are in a takeaway tub that I put foam in and cut out slots for the greens, then they are in a padded envilope.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2012, 08:42:47 AM »

the email went out to the entire website customer database cos i assumed they had bought an armature from the website in order to enter!....lol!  You will need to check the email address that you registered on the website with and then check the spam folder and mark it as 'not spam' that way you wont miss anything in the future ( including discount codes!)
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 29, 2012, 09:05:25 AM »
Woohoo! Its in the post, super dooper tracked next day delivery!...

Damn it! I forgot to put in the Candy!  :blub: What a fail, how will I win without sweet briberys!  :tears:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
Woohoo! Its in the post, super dooper tracked next day delivery!...

Damn it! I forgot to put in the Candy!  :blub: What a fail, how will I win without sweet briberys!  :tears:

ahh, i cant be bribed..... everyone knows that.  anyhow it isnt me voting!