Author Topic: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION  (Read 286099 times)

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • PaintingPossum miniature painting
Re: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION
« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »
rules said 800x800

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
rules said 800x800

.... but will need to edit them all individually to ensure that none go over 800 pixels wide or it might not load on the FOD.

So I guess a few might have been bigger
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2012, 12:54:46 AM »
There are 80 ENTRIES on FB!! 80!  :jawdrop: :faint:

And a fair percentage are professional level... :respect: to all the entrants.

Boy is this one going to be hard on the judges!

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2012, 07:38:58 AM »
foo on the judges, it's going to be hard on my wallet :'(

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
I can see one of mine but the rest of the pics won't load for me which is a bit of a pain. Computer comes back tomorrow so I should have better luck then. Some nice shots of others. Nice to see mine has 11 likes. That makes me happy. Will a poll be put up here? Even with just a link to pictures? :)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
Thanks for getting on the missing ones so fast Sally, mine are there now :D

Do you suppose these will be in store by christmas, perchance? It would be the perfect excuse to spend lots of money   :lalala:

nope, not a hope.  I am sending out the newsletter today with the details of where to send all of the entries and asking people to check the pics to make sure their entry is there so we can get them divided into categories and judging started.

there is another HF release in about a week/10 days .. i am sure i can persuade you to part with some cash then!...lol!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 21, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »
Ya gotta realise that Hasslefree is two people. They've got to run a business, take care of three (possibly four?*) kids, sculpt new figures, and judge this comp. I'm sure they want to judge this comp, from what they've said they love the level of quality the competitors have brought! I feel they may have been surprised by that and the number of entries** - both which make judging it more difficult.

*gluttons for punishment!

**They've run sculpting comps before on this site. Judgement was delayed by real life then, too. But I don't remember anything like the variety or skill or number of entries that this comp has attracted. So Good On You, Competitors!

I forgot to say "thanks for this".  :)
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »
Just a question :

In the rules, was it wrote something about the picture's size? I think yes, but when I compare my picture with some other, mine seems very little (and above all with less visible details) :blink:

Maybe I didn't understand rules (d'ont forget I'm french ;))

the image you sent was 558 x 800 which is the one that i used.  if you want to send over a larger image that we can use when we get to judging that is fine!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
I can see one of mine but the rest of the pics won't load for me which is a bit of a pain. Computer comes back tomorrow so I should have better luck then. Some nice shots of others. Nice to see mine has 11 likes. That makes me happy. Will a poll be put up here? Even with just a link to pictures? :)

We have had to rethink the judging method but yes i will get all of the pics up here.  i am chasing up missing ones at the moment but when i get a few hours i can get them up, hopefully tonight if i am not too tired :)

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 21, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
Might help save you some time; Throwing up a webpage to spit out all the images in a folder would only take a few lines of code, then you could direct people to that page rather than trying to individually list 80+ pictures on the forum. It would also mean you didn't need to resize them.

Something to consider! I could send you the page you'd need, if you like :P

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »
Hi Sally, sorry to be a pain but my entry doesn't appear to be on the facebook album. I did get the email to say you had it so i know you've seen it. Maybe you mentally filtered it out as it's so bad  :silly

Al
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »
Might help save you some time; Throwing up a webpage to spit out all the images in a folder would only take a few lines of code, then you could direct people to that page rather than trying to individually list 80+ pictures on the forum. It would also mean you didn't need to resize them.

that sounds interesting.  the main issue that i have is they vary in width from between 233 pixels to 1700 pixels so i was facing the job of trying to resize them to 600 pixels wide before uploading them to our spare server and then getting the links on here.  Any advice for saving me a job is helpful and very very much appreciated!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
Hi Sally, sorry to be a pain but my entry doesn't appear to be on the facebook album. I did get the email to say you had it so i know you've seen it. Maybe you mentally filtered it out as it's so bad  :silly

Al

shall go and look now for you Al :)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 21, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
found them, will have them online shortly!

Offline The Keyman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »
the image you sent was 558 x 800 which is the one that i used.  if you want to send over a larger image that we can use when we get to judging that is fine!

If I can, I will ;)
Thank's

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »

that sounds interesting.  the main issue that i have is they vary in width from between 233 pixels to 1700 pixels so i was facing the job of trying to resize them to 600 pixels wide before uploading them to our spare server and then getting the links on here.  Any advice for saving me a job is helpful and very very much appreciated!

Sent that to you in an email :P

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »

I could do that for you and put them in a .zip if you like. Got a photography program that would do it in a few seconds without wrecking the images. :)
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 21, 2012, 03:03:57 PM »

I could do that for you and put them in a .zip if you like. Got a photography program that would do it in a few seconds without wrecking the images. :)

unpaid labour :D the egyptians got something right!

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #368 on: November 21, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »

unpaid labour :D the egyptians got something right!
I've had enough sweeties off HF in the past to fuel hours of work.  :yup: Especially as I get to eat Gangrel's too.
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »
Ya gotta realise that Hasslefree is two people...

I forgot to say "thanks for this".  :)
  :oops: No worries. (84 entries!? I'm gobsmacked!)

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 21, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »

Al

shall go and look now for you Al :)

Thanks Sally  :smile:
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 21, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
Thanks for getting on the missing ones so fast Sally, mine are there now :D

Do you suppose these will be in store by christmas, perchance? It would be the perfect excuse to spend lots of money   :lalala:

nope, not a hope.  I am sending out the newsletter today with the details of where to send all of the entries and asking people to check the pics to make sure their entry is there so we can get them divided into categories and judging started.

there is another HF release in about a week/10 days .. i am sure i can persuade you to part with some cash then!...lol!

So you haven't ruled out any of the entrys as uncastable? Just want to make sure before I send in all my entrys only to have my fave lost in the either X3 (they are like first born!)

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 21, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
You'd send your firstborn away to be dipped in a mould and cast in metal?

Dude.

Hmm. At least a lead baby wouldn't cry...

Offline Pleasurepain

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 21, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
You'd send your firstborn away to be dipped in a mould and cast in metal?

:whaaa:

Your first-born child? That's sick mate!

Resin surely?

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 21, 2012, 07:37:43 PM »
hahaha