Author Topic: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION  (Read 299043 times)

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • PaintingPossum miniature painting
Re: 2012 SCULPTING COMPETITION
« Reply #475 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »
none

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #476 on: April 29, 2013, 08:58:38 AM »
The news is that Sally and Kev returned to the UK yesterday. Sally was up at stupid O'Clock this morning with four wide-awake children who are still on US time so she will be keeping them off school today and hopefully get them to sleep at the correct time tonight.

As you can imagine, I doubt that the sculpting competition is on their radar... let alone on their jobs to do list at the moment.

I am sure that the sculpting competition will get sorted but I doubt it is at the top of the priorities because of recent events... Reapercon was one of them but Salute will need to be sorted because Sally will want to sort out all of the cash and ensure that everything is sorted (even though Damean and Neil will have sorted it out ;) ).

Have patience... and you will be rewarded.

Like I have already said... last time around took about a year and there were a fraction of the sculpts that this competition generated. I am sure that there are lots of things to think about before the casting even gets started.

I assure you all that your sculpts will be safe.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 29, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »
Might be a tad bit late now, but the way to get back on your timezone is to stay awake till you literally can't anymore :P

Offline ironmammoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 27, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
Any news on the Sculpting Competition?

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #479 on: June 27, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »
Any news on the Sculpting Competition?

Inka will be cross with you  for not paying attention!

http://forum-of-doom.com/index.php?topic=16849.msg265505#msg265505

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 27, 2013, 01:52:41 PM »
Surly this is in referance to two sepirate Comps?

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 27, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »
It is two separate things entirely :P Mammoth is asking about Hasslefree's sculpting comp of late last year and Ben is talking about the as-yet unstarted UDOD2013.

There hasn't been any word on the sculpting comp in some time Mammoth, I believe it's been put on the shelf and buried in a mountain of other stuff that's going on. Fingers crossed they'll get around to updating us sometime soon.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 27, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
It is two separate things entirely :P Mammoth is asking about Hasslefree's sculpting comp of late last year and Ben is talking about the as-yet unstarted UDOD2013.

There hasn't been any word on the sculpting comp in some time Mammoth, I believe it's been put on the shelf and buried in a mountain of other stuff that's going on. Fingers crossed they'll get around to updating us sometime soon.

Agreed! I can't wait to get my sculpts back in my cabinet!

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #483 on: June 27, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »
Aha, I thought he'd just posted in the wrong thread - that's the joy of assuming he was up to date :)

Offline ironmammoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
Ben,

It was indeed the sculpting comp (this is the 2012 sculpting comp thread).

I was just wondering if there was any news...

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 01, 2013, 07:49:46 AM »
not a sausage

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 01, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »
I think the competition is very much Sally's project. As, I believe Sally's been quite ill for a while (and I hope I'm not speaking out of turn by saying that) I'm assuming it's on the back burner. I'm sure it'll be taken in hand when it's practical.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artemisblacks.com
« Reply #487 on: July 01, 2013, 03:52:12 PM »
I think the competition is very much Sally's project. As, I believe Sally's been quite ill for a while (and I hope I'm not speaking out of turn by saying that) I'm assuming it's on the back burner. I'm sure it'll be taken in hand when it's practical.

Pretty much spot on. Simply put Sal hasn't been well enough all in one go to finish it off and I was never involved so would have to start from scratch if I tried to step in, likely causing more harm than good :)

I can however put a word in and see what the current situation is to make sure you're all up to date.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 03, 2013, 08:10:42 AM »

Pretty much spot on. Simply put Sal hasn't been well enough all in one go to finish it off and I was never involved so would have to start from scratch if I tried to step in, likely causing more harm than good :)

I can however put a word in and see what the current situation is to make sure you're all up to date.

Hurray!

Offline Grulgor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2013, 03:31:14 PM »
There seems to be a message up on the HF FB feed, looks like it's moving forward  :woohoo:

(I won't parrot Sally's message as I'm sure you can all read it)!

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »
(I will though ;) ) As I know some of you don't follow FB or wantto, the details are below...

---------------------

SALLY HERE:
Okay, when my computer crashed last year all of the images from the sculpting competition were lost. I have managed to get most of the back together but some will need re-photographing from the sculpted entries that are here. Jenn (Dameons gorgeous wife) has kindly agreed to take on the task of finally nailing this as my ME prohibits me from long periods of concentration.

What Jenn needs from you guys is
1: confirmation that if we don't have your original image that you are happy for us to re-photograph your entry and enter that image instead ( dont worry, we know our way around a camera!)
2: Clarification from each of you which category your image should be entered in as the spreadsheet with this info was lost as well.

Please let us know if this is acceptable to you. Each entrant who PM's Jenn (https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.black.9028) with their answers to the above 2 clarifications will receive a 'thankyou 10% off your next order' code.

You will have 2 weeks to complete this task or we will assign for you! :)

Thanks lots and lots for your patience and well wishes

Sally :)

----------------------------------------------------

Again, anyone who doesn't want to get on FB can simply PM me here and I will pass it on to Jenn with the same effects.

We apologise for the extreme delays, it's part of the reason I exist here now but unfortunately was the largest and most complicated for an outsider to just step in and resolve.  Our next one will run much more smothly I promise you :)

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »
Yay for progress!

How do we tell Jenn which entries we are OK'ing for re-photographing and which of those are for which category?

I just mean if I say 'yes you can photo my stuff' how does she know which ones are mine that she then has permission for?

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2013, 03:54:36 PM »
Yay for progress!

How do we tell Jenn which entries we are OK'ing for re-photographing and which of those are for which category?

I just mean if I say 'yes you can photo my stuff' how does she know which ones are mine that she then has permission for?

*grin* I have no idea, Jenn is at Sal's home right now and they updated from there. I'll know more when Jenn gets back to the office later :)

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:30 PM »
pm sent, heres hoping that things go swimmingly  :thumbup:
a happy dauber

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 22, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
Yay for progress!

All the minis are in bags with the entrants name on so that's sorted :)

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 27, 2013, 09:08:40 AM »
PM sent! Permissions gave. Hope I'm not too late ; ; Have been gutting my bathroom and reinstalling and tiling and! in the middle of it wifes relatives arrived to stay from canada... Its been hectic :P

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 27, 2013, 12:34:17 PM »
PM sent! Permissions gave. Hope I'm not too late ; ; Have been gutting my bathroom and reinstalling and tiling and! in the middle of it wifes relatives arrived to stay from canada... Its been hectic :P

Won't be too late, everything is swimming along nicely. We'll soon be ready to sort out some voting etc.

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »

Won't be too late, everything is swimming along nicely. We'll soon be ready to sort out some voting etc.

Hurray!

Offline Dethkor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »
How exciting! :boing:

Offline Minimaker

• View Profile
    • http://photos.yahoo.com/minimaker3
« Reply #499 on: September 03, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
If anybody is interesting to do another competition while waiting, Mauw miniatures has a "dress a" competition on: http://www.maow-miniatures.fr/Dress%20a%20Johnny%20contest.htm.  To get a figure: mail them directly to order one. I just received mine today. It's a 1:7 body/head proportioned 35mm figure in resin with separate arms. Off to a long festival tomorrow and hope to come up with a sculpt idea while away.