Author Topic: Hasslefree Newsletters  (Read 13781 times)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
Hasslefree Newsletters
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »

The new website is an ongoing development process with various features being phased in as we can afford them on both the customer-viewable front area of the website and also the back-end control centre on the server.

Following research in the period before the new website was launched and customer suggestions/feedback since the launch, we have added a 'subscribe' box on the front page just above the Facebook information section.  This allows you to choose to join an email list where we send you details of discounts and promotions, new releases and any other  updates.  This was a feature present on the old website where you could tick a box to opt-in to newsletters and updates but not something we had the infrastructure to use.  Existing registered customers will not need to register again but it gives those who have not yet shopped with us the opportunity to be informed of updates, especially if they have seen a WIP that caught their eye and what to know when it is released.

We dont 'do' spam, you wont receive 20 gazillion emails a day telling you what Kev had for his breakfast or how clever Luke is .  The plan is to send 2 emails each month, approximately every 2 to 3 weeks.  One will detail any new releases for that month or releases due within the week, the other will update in other areas including links to finished greens, workbench topics, tutorials, competitions and promotions. Each email has the opportunity to unsubscribe. 

This is completely new territory for us and for the first few months it is going to be a learning process so we would appreciate any feedback either positive or negative to enable us to make sure we get it right.

Thanks lots for your support, this is a very exciting time for HF and sometimes a bit scary!

Sally :)
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline dwartist

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Dwartist's Painting Blog
Re: Hasslefree Newsletters
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »
done (but got a strange 'warning' pop-up obscured by the Hasslefree heading).

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:49:58 PM »

can you remember what it said?
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
its okay, i replicated it and have screenshotted it and sent it to the webmaster

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
Sounds cool  :thumbup: It gives me something interesting to read  :boing:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »

should be all sorted now, i had asked for some basket changes last night and it affected the 'subscribe to' landing page.

BTW:  The basket changes were to amend an annoying feature.  For example if you wanted to add something from the Adventurers and scrolled down  to the bottom of the page to add code HFA071 it would autoamtically refresh following the addition and tap you back to the top.  Now it doesnt, it leaves you in the page position you were in. much better!

Offline trueName

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
    • Ostragoth Publishing
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
Will announcements etc (basically all the stuff going into these newsletters) still appear on the fod?

\aR/

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:08 PM »
Got the first one as an existing customer so all is good so far :D  :thumbup:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
 :metoo:

CAD Tank!!! Looking forward to it.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
Will announcements etc (basically all the stuff going into these newsletters) still appear on the fod?

\aR/

Yes.  We will still post on FB and here with usual updates, pictures etc.  Everything will carry on as normal, we just want to try and reach a wider audience of people who have shopped with us or are interestd in what we do but dont check things like the FOD or FB on a regular basis.  One example would be the childrens christmas painting compeititon...i had lots of emails frpom people saying they would have loved to have entered it with their children but had missed the announcements as they only usually check back when they know there are specific new releases they are interested in.

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
Got the first one twice...once to each email address I regularly use...unsubbed one of them now though.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
Got mine!

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
 :metoo:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline by-tor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
Got mine Sal thankyou :thumbup:
The early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese

Happiness is a fully charged pulse rifle

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
Subscribed!
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Guivre

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 01:49:14 PM »
Sally:

First Newsletter arrived OK, but it reminded me I needed to change to a different e-mail address for it.

Second one arrived OK yesterday (March 9) at the "new" address, only my new ISP had kindly removed all the images from it "for my protection", whatever that means!

So, keep adding the "Web version" link at the top of the message, and I'll be fine!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »
Sally:

First Newsletter arrived OK, but it reminded me I needed to change to a different e-mail address for it.

Second one arrived OK yesterday (March 9) at the "new" address, only my new ISP had kindly removed all the images from it "for my protection", whatever that means!

So, keep adding the "Web version" link at the top of the message, and I'll be fine!

thankyou!  My isp that i send the test newsletter to removes the images as well, i click a link on my email browser that lets me 'display images'.

the web version works well though as you can not only view it but also post it to FB ( i did that earlier!)

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »
even the wife's go them both  :lol:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
I think we have ironed out most of the issues we had with getting the newsletter sent out.  As far as content goes I am still playing with 'what is too much and what is too little'.  I would appreciate any feedback if you have the time. 

The latest ones are:

March 2012: http://createsend.com/t/y-854A73C3BCE5A16C
April 2012: http://createsend.com/t/y-70E8E66514E4867C
May 2012: http://createsend.com/t/y-5261B0101586BAB3
June 2012:  http://createsend.com/t/y-F4C35CD776EE7676

thanks lots

Sally :)

Offline Guivre

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
Sally: The June Newsletter seems fine to me as regards content. I may not be the best judge though, as I tend to drop in to the FoD most days, and check your Facebook updates via the Hasslefree homepage sidebar, so I get to see most of the new stuff "in advance" anyway.

Two further thoughts. I've kept an eye out for the promised new dragon and tattoo decals, but they don't seem to have appeared in the webshop since Salute; I'm hoping perhaps they're among the "non mini items" which didn't make the cut to be listed in the Newsletter, and not that you've run into production problems. Or maybe I've been looking in the wrong places...

Thought two. Can't believe there's some jerk slagging off Hasslefree because you're providing what customers have asked for (from your Facebook comments)!!! Then again, the Internet seems regularly to attract people with more time than nouse.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »
Two further thoughts. I've kept an eye out for the promised new dragon and tattoo decals, but they don't seem to have appeared in the webshop since Salute; I'm hoping perhaps they're among the "non mini items" which didn't make the cut to be listed in the Newsletter, and not that you've run into production problems. Or maybe I've been looking in the wrong places...

i knew that i had forgotten something..............  :oops:

will rectify it tonight

sorry :(

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »
Check the 'Accessories' section for the new category 'Decals (Beasties)'.

Just got the dragons up and will add the tigers next and the tattoos.  It is nearly my bedtime ( 9.30pm) so i may not get them up tonight but will try.

Offline Guivre

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 02:54:24 PM »
Just been to check the new "Beasties" section as I couldn't get on the FoD - kept getting only an error message (and a "404 Not Found" error message for good measure...). After checking there and the Facebook page, tried the FoD again and got straight in! Technology, eh?

Glad to see the Dragons in the shop. Look forward to the rest of the decals appearing in the fullness of time.

No problem with the slight delay - except you'll have had trouble selling many, I guess...

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 07:32:52 AM »
Every time I go to place an order - something else nice and shiney is just around the corner - end of july when the female pilot is out in metal I promise to put an order in !
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com