Author Topic: KIDS PAINTING COMPETITION: BEFORE CHAOS  (Read 3078 times)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
KIDS PAINTING COMPETITION: BEFORE CHAOS
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:04:27 AM »
I forgot to set this up so if your sprogs have already started, dont worry....just get a WIP shot.

Dont put their names on them or any other identifying information, it isnt going to be as serious as a 'big kids/grown up' competition but there is a limit to actually how much you can help them!  It has to be primarily their own work, if someone submits a figure with an excellently painted NMM shield then you had better be able to upload a video showing how they created that effect step by step or we will think you are cheating!

Its about having daddy/mummy/ children time so have some fun

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:05:46 AM by libertee »
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline solkan_uk

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: KIDS PAINTING COMPETITION: BEFORE CHAOS
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:51:51 AM »
Apologies for the lack of awesome camera skills, my camera is old and generally restricted to point and shoot with all settings on AUTO for pictures of or by the kids.

This is by my daughter (she is 5)

Before
I undercoated it for her, after discussing with her what colours she wanted to use and she was insistent that since these two were still on the same tab they were only one model.

BeforeChaos by solkan_uk, on Flickr

I'm not entirely sure if these are WIP or finished, I need to at least talk to her about basing if nothing else.

AfterFront by solkan_uk, on Flickr

AfterBack by solkan_uk, on Flickr

The dress on the little girl is actually pink, but it washed out in the photo (it is a very pale pink - "Carnal Pink" from P3). I  might be able to convince her to go back and touch it up a little/base it next week as it's a bit messy at the moment (though 5 year olds don't have stable hands at the best of times, so I think it qualifies as a WIP (depending on her moods, it might end up as the finished version though)

Offline shinobi

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:22:17 AM »
Spent an hour or so cleaning and assembling their minis. These are for my eldest two, if their younger sibling changes his mind and decides to join in, I'll have to search my collection for something suitable for him.

They want to spray undercoat their own figures, but currently debating whether that would be a sensible thing to do. I may let them 'Do the Dip' once they've finished though........
100% Irons

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:42 AM »
Here's my three year olds attempt. First go at painting anything.
Before: (Free figure from chirstmas bundle

It's finished but not the time to show pics I think.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:50:36 AM by beefcake »

Offline clam

• Heretic
  • Azaroth - Master of Puppets
    • View Profile
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
Haven't done much yet, but still lots of hours to kill - so we will be playing around with these two over the next few days:

My painting blog of bits and bobs: http://clamshellsandseadogs.blogspot.com/

My own little miniature venture:
http://claminiatures.blogspot.com/

Offline Brage97

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
We have a day off tomorrow. If all goes well, my kids Ramona (3) and Leon (6) will get these babies done.
I will try to take some wips during the paint session.

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:25:41 PM »
My five year old got started on his pirate today as I tried to get some paint on a Vampire Blood Bowl team.
I had to remove some of it, where he'd been a little generous loading his brush, but it's a start.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.