Author Topic: Phase 1 complete!...woohooo!...shiny new website!  (Read 18146 times)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
Phase 1 complete!...woohooo!...shiny new website!
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Okay, finally we get a chance to unveil what we have been working on lately.  Live payment gateway was established a couple of days ago and we have been testing it.

The next week or so we arent going to announce it anywhere except here and the Facebook page whilst we ensure that there arent any bug or glitches we havent ironed out.  As soon as the kids are in bed i will be posting a guide to whats new and why.  This is phase 1, phase 2 and 3 are planned and i will give you more info later on.

Dont worry about changing bookmarks as very shortly the page for www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk will be redirecting onto the new site at www.hfminis.co.uk

thanks lots for your patience guys, check out the new releases already up and have a look aroudn the nw shop layouts, see if it is is easier for you to find stuff.  Any issues etc contact me please!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:49:49 PM by libertee »
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline The Dreadnote

• Sadness, Anger, Envy
  • Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Phase 1 complete!...woohooo!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:24:30 PM »
Okay, the new site? Wicked cool :D

Offline The Commissar

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but it looks exactly the same to me.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Benjamin Franklin

Offline The Dreadnote

• Sadness, Anger, Envy
  • Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 06:28:06 PM »
You need to go to www.hfminis.co.uk to see the new site.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:29:18 PM by libertee »

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
should be working now, sorry so tired i forgot to add the link!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:31:03 PM by libertee »
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

perceptionistruth

Re: Phase 1 complete!...woohooo!...shiny new website!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »
As I said on Facebook, love the new site.  Hope the investment works out.

One issue (minor) - when you register, and then check your details, it shows you your own password in plain text.  That's slightly worrying because it means it's being stored as a password, probably in plain text in the database, rather than the more secure method of storing it as a hash + salt.

Might want to mention it to the folk who've put the site together for you - it makes me nervous about my data.

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »
Fantastic!

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 07:17:39 PM »
Ooooooh !  :boing:
The +vat thing on the prices make it a little confusing -but I can live with that !
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »

One issue (minor) - when you register, and then check your details, it shows you your own password in plain text.  That's slightly worrying because it means it's being stored as a password, probably in plain text in the database, rather than the more secure method of storing it as a hash + salt.

Might want to mention it to the folk who've put the site together for you - it makes me nervous about my data.

will do that right now.  thanks for pointing it out.  no payment data is stored on the site, everything money-wise goes through Sagepay , including even Paypal now so no more manual invoicing!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »
The +vat thing on the prices make it a little confusing -but I can live with that !

its because the Ltd company is VAT registered, so we show the prices excluding VAT and then VAT is added on at checkout.  This means that overseas customers who dont usually pay VAT can see more accurately the prices.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
 :thumbup:

'bout time too  :D

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »

its because the Ltd company is VAT registered, so we show the prices excluding VAT and then VAT is added on at checkout.  This means that overseas customers who dont usually pay VAT can see more accurately the prices.
Guessed that was what it was - site looks pretty cool will try it out at the end of the month when Hogan & Almos are released !
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »

perceptionistruth

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 11:08:43 PM »
will do that right now.  thanks for pointing it out.  no payment data is stored on the site, everything money-wise goes through Sagepay , including even Paypal now so no more manual invoicing!

Yup, noticed that when I put the order through :)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »
Makes me feel all giggly and fuzzy inside.  I'll have to check it out in more depth!
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:04 AM »
Redirect in place, we are up and running!

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:07 AM »
Love the new stuff to scroll through at the top

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't automatically take you to your payment details, you have to scroll back up and select them. Would be better if it came up automatically imo. Otherwise, very nice

Offline Carcharoth

• Twilight Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • The Twilight Website
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
Congratulations! I know you've been putting a lot of blood, sweat and tears into getting this done, so great to see it finally come to fruition. It's also looking very good  :applause:

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:34:43 AM »
Oooh and I like the thumbnails you get in the order confirmation email

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »
Oooh and I like the thumbnails you get in the order confirmation email

and you also get a confirmation email when it ships...we have finally hit the 21st century!

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »
No more typing out my address every order...I'm all registered now :)

It also means I can pay when I order, rather than waiting for the invoice...which means I can order when I like and that includes when I am away (ordering stuff for my return).

It's a good show...a jolly good show :mrgreen:!
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »
We aim to ship your order the same day it arrives with us (during office hours of course!)

We ship worldwide and use a combination of Royal Mail First class, Royal Mail Airmail plus a global courier service.

Whilst the new site is ‘finding its feet’ we will continue to stick to our previous shipping policy which means your order will ship on the days we are staffed which are Monday, Thursday and Friday. Our aim by mid-October 2011 will be to be shipping orders each weekday.

If you place an order which is needed in a hurry then please ensure you send a follow up email and we will try to get it out to you faster.

Once your order is shipped you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you used to place the order, if you have selected a tracked service then your tracking number will also be sent at this time.

great site sally!

minor point you may want to fix the above?

You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Hasslefree Miniatures prior written consent.

and that seems odd? you want me to remove links to your website from my blog?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:38:43 AM by Brandlin »
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
We aim to ship your order the same day it arrives with us (during office hours of course!)

We ship worldwide and use a combination of Royal Mail First class, Royal Mail Airmail plus a global courier service.

Whilst the new site is ‘finding its feet’ we will continue to stick to our previous shipping policy which means your order will ship on the days we are staffed which are Monday, Thursday and Friday. Our aim by mid-October 2011 will be to be shipping orders each weekday.

If you place an order which is needed in a hurry then please ensure you send a follow up email and we will try to get it out to you faster.

Once your order is shipped you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you used to place the order, if you have selected a tracked service then your tracking number will also be sent at this time.

great site sally!

minor point you may want to fix the above?

yup, remember my posting a while ago about breaking something important....that was the new website when it was going live!  everything was ready to go at that stage and stuff written accordingly.

You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Hasslefree Miniatures prior written consent.

and that seems odd? you want me to remove links to your website from my blog?

nope, you are fine.  we had to put certain legal stuff in the new site and we also took the opportunity to make a point about people nicking things off the website, in particular people who sell secondhand or new figures on places like Ebay and then use all of the images from our website to do it without checking first.  mostly FOdders who have blogs have asked if they can link.  i cant remember if youdid or you didnt but you have posted many times on here about the blog so i have had plenty of opportunity ti say if i dont like it!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 12:03:45 PM »

Passed it along to the webmaster, it has already been amended temporarily and he will amend it permanently later on today

Offline Iacton

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • CMON Gallery
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 03:45:27 PM »
The new look is so much better. A hell of a lot easier to navigate, and I hope that it gets people to have a good look around (and buy some shiny happy toys!  :angel:)