Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 442303 times)

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #2275 on: August 10, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »
Sh1t dude. That is a raw deal. I really hope karma works out something nice for you and yours.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 30, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »
I guess this is somewhat of a minor thing in the grand scheme, but it still makes me angry.  The wonderful people at Canada Post have been raising rates and reducing services over the last year or so.  This means that tracking for packages is virtually non existant once said package enters Canada.  Now, services that used to be completed in seven business days or less, take a month.  International courier options are almost worth it now.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: September 25, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Do you mean from outside to inside Canada? Or Canada to Canada?
We are blind to the world within us

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: January 07, 2017, 03:13:57 AM »
Wow lol, I really missed the boat on answering your question.  Sorry about that.

I was talking about services inbound to Canada.  Leaving Canada is a horrifying story all its own.  One time when I ordered a package from Japan, I paid for express tracked shipping, estimated at 5 to 7 business days costing around $23 CAD.  When I picked it up from the postal office, the lady who I knew, proposed an experiment.  She asked me what shipping cost and services were on the package to see what it would cost going to Japan.  Once entered in and tallied up it would have cost about $97 CAD going out.  That is my favorite Canada Post poppycock story.  That was also about 4 years ago maybe less and it has only gotten worse.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: January 07, 2017, 03:55:30 AM »
I find differences in international shipping crazy. From the UK I can get something shipped for maybe 8 pounds, tracking maybe an extra 4 or something? Not really a big deal. However shipping from here may cheaply cost $13 from something fairly small which is a pretty good price but adding on tracking costs an extra $60! What, is it being guarded by laser wielding monkeys?

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: February 05, 2017, 12:18:02 AM »
Snow.

Yes.  I live in Canada.  However, I live on the west coast, which means Pacific Ocean.  Normally the currents of said body of water bring warmer water up from the equator, which in turn generally helps keep the air relatively warm.  A cold winter for us normally is at coldest -7 Celsius or there abouts with little to no snow.  But due to some kind of schwacked out pressure system overhead, last night we got snowed under.  In this region, a lot of snow is maybe 5 to 10 cm and is gone within the next day or two, in some cases in hours.  We got more than 20.  It stopped for a bit but is at it again.  Keep in mind the warm part.  This snow isn't light and fluffy.  It's wet and heavy and slushy.  Makes driving a bad time, and of course nobody here can drive in it.  So there it is.

Snow.  We hateses itses. :tantrum:

Revision.  I like to see it falling and I like to play in it for ten minutes but then it's dead to me and I have to get back to work.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:12 AM »
Over 24 hours in it hasn't stopped.  At all.  If it wasn't wet and heavy, we'd likely be able to measure over 50cm.  My street was cleared once yesterday afternoon, not again since.  I hope my flight tomorrow doesn't get cancelled.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 24, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
Seeing the employment position you've been searching/longing for for the last few years come up on a job board, except that it is with a disreputable company which you personally know has consistently failed to pay it's debts for at least the last 12 years, yet is somehow still operating.  I know because they were most of a year in arrears with my previous employer and are over a year in such with my current employer.  This is a business that had all of it's credit accounts forcibly closed and had it's warranty repair accreditation pulled by everyone involved.  We live in a smallish town and word gets around about bad service very quickly, yet somehow, money still finds them.  Unfathomable, and disappointing.  I really need to go into business for myself doing this same thing.