Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 591394 times)

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #2050 on: February 05, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
That's a shame to hear. I know I've been heartbroken whenever I've lost a pet. One's grief is no less real because they're not a human being.

I'll happily admit that when I moved out of the parental home when I was just a lad I missed our dog, Bill, more than I missed the rest of the family.

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #2051 on: February 06, 2013, 12:32:44 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Pog, Inso. Gangrel told me yesterday about your worries. :(
If it's not too weird a thing to say, I am glad you at least found out what happened.

I hope your new little friend helps lessen the sads.. Little girl cats are very quick and witted have a different personality. ;)

I decided early on to not let my cats out, because of who they are (nervous, stupid and tiny, respectively). But I can't see it working for all cats.
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 06, 2013, 01:55:37 AM »
Neither of my cats are allowed out.  One's stupid and gets cold, not to mention afraid of the wind.  The other, it wouldn't be fair and we don't want to bring home fleas.  Besides we didn't want to introduce more cats to the neighborhood gardens.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Curious Plankton

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »
Stuck at work  :swear: Can't even get out of the car park. 3 inches of snow and everything has ground to a halt. Idiots everywhere blocking the roads, how can they not know how to drive in this weather? It's not even like it's bad  :tantrum:

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: having just spent the 8 months running round like a idiot with my bum on fire something had to give, went to see the doc today only to be told i'm have a depressive episode 2 weeks off. funny thing is juring the day i feel great  just can't sleep for more than 1.5 hours at a go.
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #2055 on: February 14, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
Take care of yourself penfold mate. What would DM do if you're not on top form?

In comparison the thing that pisses me off is minor.

I hate companies that advertise all their stuff on the web including a 300 page PDF catalogue but don't deal with the general public, only retailers. And don't even include a list of dealers or reply to email.

How bloody hard do they want to make it to sell product!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:40:41 AM by Brandlin »
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 23, 2013, 01:44:15 AM »
Tried really hard to have a good day at work.  Came home grumpier than  :swear: and no understanding why.  Just grumpy as  :swear:

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #2057 on: February 24, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
The flu.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 24, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »
It's been three days since I had chemotherapy (for the arthritis, I hasten to add) and I can still barely stay awake.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #2059 on: February 24, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
It's been three days since I had chemotherapy (for the arthritis, I hasten to add) and I can still barely stay awake.

The body has a way of telling you what it needs. If you are having trouble staying awake, maybe you should rest and sleep. Chemo is a terrible thing and it kicks the life out of you. Rest. When you are ready, you will start to feel a bit better. I am sure you already know this... but sometimes we just need to be told to rest and take it easy or we end up trying to do too much and making matters worse. Drink plenty of fluids eat as healthy a diet as possible and you will soon have the best chance of a speedy recovery.

The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 24, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
I feel for you i used to be able to stay up or go to sleep as and when,  i'm now 12 days into a 14 days sick note and still can't get more than 2 hours sleep at a time. wish i could swap you a few hours  :D
                   For 2014

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 24, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
Hah! Cheers guys. Penfold, I would swap with you!

And Inso, you're right, it's just so frustrating to feel the eyelids getting heavy every couple of hours. I have a couple of painty projects I'd love to have at least spent a couple of hours on over the weekend, but it's not happening. I did get some figures and a paint case out and promptly felt shattered before I'd even opened the case! So, nothing done all weekend.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »
Lets hope it works out for you and those painting times will be less painful as a result

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: February 24, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
Cheers. Frustratingly it'll be two or three months before I really see any benefit. And I have another course in about 10 days before this cycle is complete. On the plus side I got through almost two volumes of Roger Zelazny's Amber cycle while I was plugged in. And, to be fair to them, the rheumatology nurse practitioners I see see are good company. On the the down side, one poor guy went into anaphylaxis during the treatment. Thankfully he was soon treated and responded well, but it was scary to witness.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:32:28 AM by Gangrel »

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: February 25, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »
 :tantrum: :tantrum: boiler has packed up over night free call out but 99.00 an hour i'm in the wrong line of work.
                   For 2014

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 25, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
PLUS VAT= 118.20 because he couldn't fix it there and then to go away and come back is another call so another 118.20 plus parts. licence to print money or what. if it had only been the price of the parts i could have taken it :rant: over

SORRY if there are any plummers on FoD but this takes the pith :terrified:
                   For 2014

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 05, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Being "informed" at work that my shifts are changing from the established 3 week rota to a new 3 week rota. Not a massive issue with that, needs of the business and all that. What i do have a problem with is the fact that the "agreement" i had 8 years ago when i moved to this branch is that i couldn't work after 3pm on a Tuesday as my wife works and i have the kids. Only restriction i have ever given them and it was agreed that was fine and has been that way for 8 years despite 5 different managers coming in in that time. (really wish i had got it in writing now). The new manager has now scheduled me for 2 shifts on a Tuesday that i cannot work as i have nobody else to have the kids, he is fully aware of this and has had no problem for the last 3 months with the arrangement. When i had a discussion with him it got a bit heated and he basically said "tough, get another job if you can't do it".
 I now have the Union involved and have been told that he has to give me 28 days notice and an extra weeks notice for each of my years with the company (15). This is helpful but only delaying the inevitable. I can apply officially for a flexible working agreement but what is the point when he has already made up his mind.
 I'm hoping the union can help me come up with a solution, proper stressing me out  :grrr:
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 09, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
 :tantrum: :tantrum: just checked my bank account to find i have just spent 117.78 on line for some thing from CHINA. :scratchhead:

Phoned the bank only to be told we can't do anything until monday
                   For 2014

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 10, 2013, 02:23:06 AM »
Hope it gets sorted straight off penfold.

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 10, 2013, 02:31:37 AM »
 :metoo:
You don't happen to sleep-spend? :wink:

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: March 10, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
I wish just about to start 4th week on the sick as i can't sleep at night for more than 2 hours and when you drive for a crust  its not a good combo :whaaa:.
                   For 2014

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #2071 on: March 19, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »
Sleep... Mmmmm... if only :) . Prescribed Diazepam helps (every once in a while).

Sometimes it upsets me that I am such a busy-body.

I read a rather biased review of a product and gave a balanced and well written response that pointed out how to improve the review. I believe I got a stifle for it! Not only that, a rather curt reply.

Obviously it is my fault... for being balanced and fair and trying to level the playing field for the item being reviewed... but the response sort of explained the 'feel' of the review.

I'll just stay in my box :(
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 19, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
well now signed off until easter  :whaaa: only up side getting to paint some of the mountain  :lol:
                   For 2014

Offline No Head Ned

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 19, 2013, 05:29:55 PM »
Sometimes it upsets me that I am such a busy-body.
But then if you wern't such a busybody, we wouldn't be having a diorama of doom this year.
I promise I'll try to enter, honest. :angel:

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 26, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
I officially hate my job !  :grrr: Back in December I asked the boss for the 19th & 20th of April off for Salute .
As she is on holiday that week she thought there might be a problem with cover but she said she would sort something - I have reminded her every week since and she hasn't done anything about it until yesterday only to discover she cant get any cover !  :tantrum:
On the other hand she has booked both night shift staff on the firefighting course the same week with no cover for the night shift so basically I'm expected to work 10.00pm to 7.30am go on the course for 6 hours then work 10.00pm to 7.30am again  :scratchhead:
Sod them - I am going to Salute - will just go to work Fri night and get my mate to pick me up at 7 (only about 2 hrs to london from here) and then go to work Sat night - who needs sleep anyway !  :roll:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com