Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 607519 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1875 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:23 PM »
I've just heard that I start the new treatment at the beginning of next month. While I (obviously) want my condition to improve, this news still scares me.

I know you're worried and it is a big deal, obviously, but I would really think that you try to look at the positives much more than the negatives. This should almost be in the other thread. Things that make you happy. Either way I really hope it goes well for you

It's a fair point, but at the same time there are some pretty horrible side-effects to deal with. The treatment itself can apparently be pretty nasty and to cap it all it can suppress the immune system. While I'm hoping it will bring me some  relief, it's a little scary to be told that once I have this treatment, it's in my body for 6 months and nothing can be done about it. I'm trying not to think about worse case scenarios!   :D
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline by-tor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 15, 2012, 09:45:41 PM »
Nokia  :swear: lumia :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: god i HATE !!!! the  :swear: thing AAAAAaaaaaargh    :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:............................ AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa thats better now ive got that off my chest .
The early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese

Happiness is a fully charged pulse rifle

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 15, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
Nokia  :swear: lumia :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: god i HATE !!!! the  :swear: thing AAAAAaaaaaargh    :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:............................ AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa thats better now ive got that off my chest .

:oops:  I'll make a note not to get one. :blink:
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline by-tor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 15, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »
Given all the serious things on this list, this might sound a bit trivial but it irks me so I thought I'd share.

What is pissing me off right now is seeing the new wonderful Kev dwarfs and knowing that at this point in my life and career I probably could buy shelffuls of them.

And then realising that I already have over 1000 unpainted figures and it's been about a decade since I actually had time or opponents to push figures around a board.

I think I just realised I have grown up, and have responsibilities and I probably won't have the opportunity to play with toy soldiers again...
Mate theres always time to play with toy soldiers i have wife , daughter, two grand kids, a working farm and a struggling ground works company , and when you can do nothing more to stop the sh1t raining down on you theres nothing better than having a couple of  hours as Nemia the teifling theif , whore , assasin and avenger of Kelemvore or whatever RPG chacter or whatnot as you can always kill, sc**w , weasel or blow sh1t up to get out of IT whatever IT may be muahahahaha . works for me anyway  :yup:

Offline by-tor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

:oops:  I'll make a note not to get one. :blink:
thing is they dont sync with the ovi software you cant use your tunes as ring tones and they dont seem to conect with older Nokia phones to get your numbers , did i mention i HATE it !!!!

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 16, 2012, 01:03:35 AM »
Bid on some old Phoenix Models girlie kits on ebay a couple days ago.  I got out bid, said 'dang, oh well'.  Bids got up over $50 USD, I said 'crap, in two bids?'.  Now for the kicker, and I bet the person who was winning is madder than me.  The owner of the auction cancelled all bids, removed the listing, then relisted immediately with a buy it now of $400 USD.  WTF man?  Is that even evilbay legal?  Tried to report item, they give you a bunch of set reasons for reporting something.  No where in their lists of reasons is anything close to what this person has done. :swear:  Its not like I was going to rebid or anything, its just a massively d0uch3bag move.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:33 AM »
What a d0rk. Put a bid on and don't pay. Just put them off and off until eventually they relist it :lol:
That's not very nice though.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:40 AM »
Yeah but then they file a non paying complaint and I get slapped with a suspension or something and I`m not about to put $400 on the table for something I wasn`t willing to pay more than $30 for.

Offline by-tor

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 16, 2012, 07:35:36 AM »
greedy barstich  :grrr: :x

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1884 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
Bid on some old Phoenix Models girlie kits on ebay a couple days ago.  I got out bid, said 'dang, oh well'.  Bids got up over $50 USD, I said 'crap, in two bids?'.  Now for the kicker, and I bet the person who was winning is madder than me.  The owner of the auction cancelled all bids, removed the listing, then relisted immediately with a buy it now of $400 USD.  WTF man?  Is that even evilbay legal?  Tried to report item, they give you a bunch of set reasons for reporting something.  No where in their lists of reasons is anything close to what this person has done. :swear:  Its not like I was going to rebid or anything, its just a massively d0uch3bag move.

No it's not eBay legal. If there are bids on it they have to let the auction run.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »

No it's not eBay legal. If there are bids on it they have to let the auction run.

Said item is now gone.  All of the sellers listings are gone as well.  Hopefully they got spanked good.  I hope no one here is said seller.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1886 on: April 17, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »
Ignoring the legality of it (I'm sure it was against the rules), I would say it is all down to relative value.

As bad as it sounds, sometimes what you really want the most is beyond your means... and there is someone out there who isn't really that bothered about it who buys it just because he can!

If I got wound up everytime I was outbid, I'd be completely postal by now!

I recently put a 'best offer' in for an item and it was instantly refused...I always thought it was effectively a message to the seller to actually think about and reply to...obviously you can set the offer where you like...

E-Bay is like Mos Eisley... full of villains but frequented by travellers who have to go there to trade...

...It seems like the guy selling the Phoenix Models was Greedo and Han got him good :) .
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1887 on: April 17, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
What I always chuckle at on eBay are items listed as oop that aren't.

In the stuff I frequently search for, that includes grenadier miniatures orcs and dwarfs. All of these are in production from Mirliton or Em-4. I often email sellers of things like the goblin giant, listed at 60+ to point out there starting bid is more than a new one. They rarely reply, and never drop the price.  I just wish I could warn the bidders!
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »
I've asked questions of buyers saying you can still buy these as they are in production. Told them the manufacturer, they just reply basically saying, "No you're wrong, I'm right" I guess they just want to make the sale though and want to mislead others into believing this might be their last chance to get something. I've since stopped doing that.

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 17, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »

E-Bay is like Mos Eisley... full of villains but frequented by travellers who have to go there to trade...

...It seems like the guy selling the Phoenix Models was Greedo and Han got him good :) .

NSFW all rude words an' stuff :)
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: April 22, 2012, 11:28:36 AM »
Food poisoning.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1891 on: April 22, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »
I've asked questions of buyers saying you can still buy these as they are in production. Told them the manufacturer, they just reply basically saying, "No you're wrong, I'm right" I guess they just want to make the sale though and want to mislead others into believing this might be their last chance to get something. I've since stopped doing that.

Just report them to E-Bay for mis-selling and provide a link to the site that sells the stuff... if it is worth the effort. I place the onus on buyers to BEWARE and do your research because there are some right villains on E-bay ;)
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1892 on: April 22, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
Food poisoning.
Bugger, that is pretty horrible. Hope you recover quickly.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 22, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
Bugger, that is pretty horrible. Hope you recover quickly.
Cheers. I think I'm more or less through it now. Friday was the worst day (shudder).

It made me miss Salute, though, which wasn't nice. If it had been today instead of Saturday, I might have chanced it. But it wouldn't have worked yesterday.

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #1894 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
Related to the EBay thing: what people describe as "Pro" or "Expertly" painted. The conceit involved when it's not even something you can hide or claim ignorance over...

Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
The "expertly painted" when the mini in question has two colors mashed about on it, with a horribly blurry photo.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »
I personally don't even look at things that say expertly painted for two reasons:
1 - It will always be out of my price range.
2 - I prefer to paint my own minis and don't feel they are truely mine if someone elses paint job is on them.
@Inso, It doesn't really bother me any more. I know it's still in production and won't bid. The seller may truely believe it's no longer in production and may think I'm just trying to pull a fast one.

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 25, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »
2 - I prefer to paint my own minis and don't feel they are truely mine if someone elses paint job is on them...

Abso-blinking lutely!!
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
2 - I prefer to paint my own minis and don't feel they are truely mine if someone elses paint job is on them...

Abso-blinking lutely!!

What I will never understand is why someone would be willing to buy a mini/army already painted, and then accept a painting award for it.

Have the common decency to disqualify yourself.

Patrick Lefevre

« Reply #1899 on: April 26, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
One thing that really drives me up the walls is that idiotic background laughing you get in comedies on tv :swear: