Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 624568 times)

Frontman

Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #775 on: June 28, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »
Postal workers who THROW your package of resin models onto your concrete doorstep, when they could've taken two more steps and placed it there gently. :tantrum: :tantrum:

That drives me insane.  We're payed to deliver to the door; we should do our job properly.

That being said, what also annoys me is when I see postal handlers internally toss packages marked fragile into the sorting bins.  Again, we're paid by the sender to handle with care; do so.  (Even more so with the handlers, as they are paid hourly.  That 5 extra seconds to do the job right, they get paid for, dang it!!!)

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #776 on: June 28, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »
the human race  :roll:  ....sometimes  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:20:23 AM by grekwood »
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 28, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »
Postal workers who THROW your package of resin models onto your concrete doorstep, when they could've taken two more steps and placed it there gently. :tantrum: :tantrum:

That drives me insane.  We're payed to deliver to the door; we should do our job properly.

That being said, what also annoys me is when I see postal handlers internally toss packages marked fragile into the sorting bins.  Again, we're paid by the sender to handle with care; do so.  (Even more so with the handlers, as they are paid hourly.  That 5 extra seconds to do the job right, they get paid for, dang it!!!)

Same here. I use often Internet Book Shop, and twice postal handlers cast my box over the first step of the staircase to my office.
But this is a particular stressful job, I must admit that.
We are blind to the world within us

Frontman

« Reply #778 on: June 28, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »

Same here. I use often Internet Book Shop, and twice postal handlers cast my box over the first step of the staircase to my office.

I'll give you that the job can be stressful (and I've had my fair share of come home and yell into a pillow days doing it) but we also know the responsibility AND the stress level.  If as a carrier or a clerk you can't handle it; either get in some vacation time or go find something else to do, as not doing the job well reflects on the rest of us.

Sorry, sounds selfish and a bit-arrogant; but, I take pride in my job.  I can't stomach seeing those who don't.

Offline Wristaction

• Now to take over the world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 28, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
Broccoli soup three days running !!!!   :tantrum:

That will teach me not to label which soup is which when I freeze them.    :(
It looked like the mushroom one when I lifted it out of the freezer.   :?
Not that I don't like broccoli soup, it's just three days running can be a bit much and the farts it cause's are not that nice either.
Trying to eat more healthy and make meals more easy to get ready when I get home from work.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Offline Ishil

• Occasional painter
  • Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 28, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »

I'll give you that the job can be stressful (and I've had my fair share of come home and yell into a pillow days doing it) but we also know the responsibility AND the stress level.  If as a carrier or a clerk you can't handle it; either get in some vacation time or go find something else to do, as not doing the job well reflects on the rest of us.

Sorry, sounds selfish and a bit-arrogant; but, I take pride in my job.  I can't stomach seeing those who don't.

Good for you.  :applause:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #781 on: June 30, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »
I wouldn't say that I'm P**sed off, more stressed up to the max at the moment. 

At work I have just handed back an aircraft after its maintenance (delayed due to waiting for spares) and now have to carry on with my real job which is arranging training trips/other trips abroad for my unit.

Can you imagine sending 'X' amount of aircraft, all of the tools, equipment, manpower, support...including weapons, medical support, catering support and spares back up half way around the world, when every other hour the transport options change...and the weight restrictions change...and the mission requirements change...etc...etc...

At the moment, my appetite is minimal, my sleep is non existent and I am unable to think of anything else but the job...

Oh...almost forgot, I'm arranging my house move, moving back to England, my missus is poorly so has limited help options and my 2 children are...TEENAGERS :mrgreen:.

There are times where I have to laugh or I'd explode :o...

But I suppose, on the bright side, I have a secure job at the moment (which is more than a lot of people)...
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

MightyAl

« Reply #782 on: July 01, 2009, 01:01:28 PM »
I wouldn't say that I'm P**sed off, more stressed up to the max at the moment. 

At work I have just handed back an aircraft after its maintenance (delayed due to waiting for spares) and now have to carry on with my real job which is arranging training trips/other trips abroad for my unit.

Can you imagine sending 'X' amount of aircraft, all of the tools, equipment, manpower, support...including weapons, medical support, catering support and spares back up half way around the world, when every other hour the transport options change...and the weight restrictions change...and the mission requirements change...etc...etc...

At the moment, my appetite is minimal, my sleep is non existent and I am unable to think of anything else but the job...

Oh...almost forgot, I'm arranging my house move, moving back to England, my missus is poorly so has limited help options and my 2 children are...TEENAGERS :mrgreen:.

There are times where I have to laugh or I'd explode :o...

But I suppose, on the bright side, I have a secure job at the moment (which is more than a lot of people)...
I think I may have found a way round this constant changing in options/restrictions etc. Just introduce them to some shiny ordnance, and watch as they fall over themselves to please their new overlord. I mean customer.

Offline Chris_M

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 01, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
I don't know if POed is right, but maybe disappointed in the human condition that we can go on and on for 31 plus pages; but we can't get beyond 4 pages for things that bring us happiness in our lives.
Be fair, I did start that thread a long time after this one started - it's still got to catch up. :wink:

Firstly, hope your wife gets better soon.

Secondly, in case your kids ever say that they want to be treated like adults, can you get them to do most of the work to organise the move home, and just make sure they've not tried to put you next door to Sellafield or somewhere...

Thirdly, as a suggestion, whatever the current set of requirements are (or the ones from the most senior officer - reverse delegate), take them as the base line and ignore any changes anyone else tries to add in - I bet a good proportion of them will cancel themselves out in any case.

And if said senior officer is poised to be carrying the can rather than you, I bet things will get sorted out in very short order. :wink:

Offline Reaperman

• Brush for Hire. No Space Marines.
  • Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #784 on: July 01, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »
Todays things that P*** me off is, my front brake on my bike has decided it doesn't want to agree with being put back together. and to top it off my mech team has today off. grrr :tantrum: not happy as I've spent 3 days trying everything to get it to work  :grrr:
Paint Slave hit list in no particular order:
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #785 on: July 01, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »
The heat.... can't paint can't sculpt can't sleep, can't breathe  :( I never have liked the hot whether and really don't understand sunbathers  :shrug:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #786 on: July 01, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »
The heat.... can't paint can't sculpt can't sleep, can't breathe  :( I never have liked the hot whether and really don't understand sunbathers  :shrug:

I agree... the only consoling thing about the weather is... the sunbathers...(well the female ones)
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #787 on: July 02, 2009, 03:22:14 AM »
Bleedin' blasted tinnitus keeping me up again (3:30 am here).  Wouldn't be so bad if it was a continuous hum, but it stops and starts with things as subtle as my pulse or the movement of my head when I breathe.  It's like bees sending morse code in my head.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 02, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
I restarted my bodybuilding activity; today I tried a morning workout, what an error!!! One of the worst session of ever, I will never try again.  :faint:
We are blind to the world within us

Captain Sprout

« Reply #789 on: July 02, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
Stupid Sky box has died (high pitched whining drowns out all sound, rather like watching reality TV but on every programme), need to replace it. Sky want 65 to send an engineer. Will now buy one on Ebay or just get Freesat. Stupid boxes.

Bright side: Tennis is on Iplayer.

Hubert

« Reply #790 on: July 02, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
I really, really wish it was winter. It's too hot. Yorkshire is not somewhere I'd expect ot have a heatwave.... I am currently sat in shower, it's the only place that's cool right now. If I want to do anything I have to do it at 2AM when its cooled down.
I really hate the fact that people assume that because they enjoy roasting outside, that I'd like to join them. Why on earth would I want to do so? It's hot, sticky, in direct line of sight of the sun....do I need to continue?
However there is one advantage to this heat. It means its the only time I will willingly capsize a canoe/boat at the watersports place. Oh god, it's so wonderful to fall (ok, jump...)into that water!  :lalala:

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 02, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »
Only being halfway through my 14 night shifts in the middle of this heatwave................... need a decent days sleep.........................  :zombie2:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Frontman

« Reply #792 on: July 02, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »
Only being halfway through my 14 night shifts in the middle of this heatwave................... need a decent days sleep.........................  :zombie2:

How hot is it over in the UK right now?  For us in the Midwest, we're getting temps like it is in September/October this past week.  You guys sure your side of the planet isn't in the wrong place with ours?  We usually get 90* F and higher in July here.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:58 PM »
~30 C +/- with fairly high humidity. Worth remembering that air-con is not normally found in people's homes here and that those doing the bitching are generally northerners though.

Frontman

« Reply #794 on: July 02, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »
~30 C +/- with fairly high humidity. Worth remembering that air-con is not normally found in people's homes here and that those doing the bitching are generally northerners though.

Nah, 86* F is pretty hot by my standards.  Especially if you guys have any humidity as well.  If its humid; anything over 80*F isn't fun in my book.

Frontman

« Reply #795 on: July 03, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »
Here's one to really get under my skin:

Those who interpret for others what it takes to be a "real" whatever.

IE "If you like that, you're not a REAL fan of Doctor Who."

or

"If you were a REAL miniature painter, you'd never use/buy GW stuff."

or

"If you were a REAL sports fan, you wouldn't follow THAT team."

or

"If you were a REAL friend, you'd loan me 50 bucks."

The nerve of some people.  I might bust Grekwood's chops (not his foot, his chops) about not liking Donna Noble; but hey, its not like I think he's any less of a Doctor Who fan for it!!!

To me, the second I hear "real" thrown into a comparison like that, I tend not to read/hear what follows.  Why be so negative? 

Of course, we have some fun at GW's expense on this site; but I'm sure nobody on the site here faults a guy (or gal for that matter) to have GW products.  But there are those who feel compelled like they are freakin' Moses, coming down from the top of Mount Sinai with tablets in hand; "Thou shall not find the newest Games Workshop product cool.  If thy do, thy will findeth uncleaneth!!!!"

I recently saw someone critique one of my videos as "crap" as he is a so-called "Sarah Jane Smith expert...."  (ironically, some of the very clips he trashed in my video came from one of his.  Ah, the joy of cutting and pasting.)  How the bloomin' hell is this guy considered an 'expert?!?!?' 

To me, the only 'expert' on SJS would be probably Elisabeth Sladen herself!!!

I can't stand arrogance like that.  I really can't.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #796 on: July 03, 2009, 12:58:10 AM »
But there are those who feel compelled like they are freakin' Moses, coming down from the top of Mount Sinai with tablets in hand; "Thou shall not find the newest Games Workshop product cool.  If thy do, thy will findeth uncleaneth!!!!"

:lmao: You been reading Frothers?

I recently saw someone critique one of my videos as "crap" as he is a so-called "Sarah Jane Smith expert...."

I think it's one of those oxymoron things.  Or something.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Frontman

« Reply #797 on: July 03, 2009, 01:07:22 AM »
But there are those who feel compelled like they are freakin' Moses, coming down from the top of Mount Sinai with tablets in hand; "Thou shall not find the newest Games Workshop product cool.  If thy do, thy will findeth uncleaneth!!!!"

:lmao: You been reading Frothers?

I recently saw someone critique one of my videos as "crap" as he is a so-called "Sarah Jane Smith expert...."

I think it's one of those oxymoron things.  Or something.

It's something all right.

Offline lizcam

• Geek Chick
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 03, 2009, 01:23:41 AM »
What irks me is when my little package from Hasslefree arrives and the sweets I know are inside got so hot thatI can't get the black jack gum off the wrapper.

It's officially hot now.  It reached body temp today.  Why do I live in a desert?

Frontman

« Reply #799 on: July 03, 2009, 01:32:32 AM »
What irks me is when my little package from Hasslefree arrives and the sweets I know are inside got so hot thatI can't get the black jack gum off the wrapper.

It's officially hot now.  It reached body temp today.  Why do I live in a desert?

It's a dry heat?   :eh:

There's an idea for a lizcam avatar.  One sweating and using a hand fan....