Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 645065 times)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #750 on: June 12, 2009, 09:47:27 PM »
People at work ringing your phone 9 times on your day off after you have just done 8 night shifts in a row !  :grrr:
Then sending you a text message saying "sorry we just looked at the rota and realised you aren't on tonight........."  I wouldn't mind , but it isn't the first time this particular member of staff has done it   :roll:
I just hope no one has told her she's now starting at 6.00am monday morning instead of 6.45........... I will get pleasure out of ringing her up if she's late  muahahahaha
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Ryan

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 12, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
sounds like she likes you

Frontman

« Reply #752 on: June 13, 2009, 01:36:27 AM »
Those jerks who call; let the phone ring until the answering machine kicks in; then refuse to leave a message so you get the 30 seconds of the dialtone left as a message.....

Also, those who call you then act as if you're good buddies with them; when they're really trying to sell you something.  I especially love it when its a guy who acts as if he's best friends with my wife,

"Oh hey, how are you?  Can I talk to Laura?"

"Who is this?"

"This is Bill."

"Well Bill, I don't know you; I don't know any Bill for that matter; so why you so friendly and on a first name basis with my wife?"

I LOVE doing that to them, though.  Always leads to a very awkward, "erm, uh....well, I'm with....." comment.

Offline Reaperman

• Brush for Hire. No Space Marines.
  • Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #753 on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:20 AM »
Managers who are so inflexible and unwilling to help swap shifts or rearrange my hours so I can catch the only flight to france at 7am. :tantrum:
Paint Slave hit list in no particular order:
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

MightyAl

« Reply #754 on: June 20, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
The car park at my local Sainsbury's. It's got a one-way system, but I seem to be the only person aware of it.
And I'm also rather annoyed by the stupid cow who wound down her window and yelled at me because she was going the wrong f*cking way. She's either blind or retarded, having driven over clear road markings, and ignored all the signs that tell you about the one-way. As if the angled parking spaces weren't enough of a clue.
 :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 21, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »
Tw4t5 wh0 wr1t3 l1k3 th15

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 22, 2009, 04:45:22 AM »

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 23, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
There is an american "sitcom" that seems to be on the telly rather a lot more than it actualy should be. It's called Everyone loves Raymond. I've caught the odd glimpse of it every now and then over the last four months and I have yet to discover which character is Raymond!

There is another american sitcom which seems to be on the telly quite a bit too. It's called Everyone hates Chris. I saw about 5-10 minutes of the end of one episode about three or four months ago. Not only was I able to work out which character was Chris, but that nobody seemed to hate him. In fact they all seemed to like him a fair bit.

Is there some sort of factory where they produce these daft script writers? If you're going to be basing your title on ajoke then it might at least be an apropriate one (And if there's a main character's name in the title then they should at least be even remotely identifiable).
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #758 on: June 24, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
I've caught the odd glimpse of it every now and then over the last four months and I have yet to discover which character is Raymond!

Psst.  It's the one people keep calling 'Ray'.  It's a contraction.  :yup:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

greenstuff_gav

« Reply #759 on: June 24, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »
People at work ringing your phone 9 times on your day off after you have just done 8 night shifts in a row ! 

this is my boss' favourite hobby; I finish work at 06:00. i've stated on several occasions "Don't call me before 15:00 as i won't be awake." (due to the diabetes i stay up till 8am to keep my routine)
so he rings me at 10:30. "where are you?"
"i'm asleep. where are you?"
"you should have been at work today"
"i was. finished at 6 this morno."
"i've looked at the rota and you're on morning shift."
"seeing how i've been on nights the rest of the month, i somewhat doubt that."
"i'm looking at it now. it says mornings."
"you sure?" *i start to get out of bed to check my printoff*
"oh hang on. i'm looking at next week."
"ya f***** think?"
at which point he hangs up. no apologies or "sleep well" or anything  :tantrum:

oh, and Jimmy, the reward for being good at digging is you get a bigger shovel.  :crazy:

coneman

« Reply #760 on: June 24, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »
Miley Cyrus getting air play on my favorite radio station  :blub: :swear:

MightyAl

« Reply #761 on: June 24, 2009, 01:41:14 PM »
Wimbledon.

It's be worth watching if:
a) uhm
b) no, wait, I do know this one
c) really I do
d) all of the above
e) none of the above
f) bacon

Yeah, that's it. Wimbledon would be worth watching if bacon.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 24, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »
 :applause: :metoo: :applause:
Why can't they stick it on BBC 4 for the fortnight ?   :hmmm
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Frontman

« Reply #763 on: June 24, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
I don't know if POed is right, but maybe disappointed in the human condition that we can go on and on for 31 plus pages; but we can't get beyond 4 pages for things that bring us happiness in our lives.

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 24, 2009, 09:57:40 PM »
dont worry frontman this threads been running longer.
a happy dauber

Frontman

« Reply #765 on: June 24, 2009, 10:01:24 PM »
dont worry frontman this threads been running longer.

The other's been sitting though at 3 pages for a bit while now.  There's more to life than being POed; and complaining about being POed.  Good to vent and all that; but I find it sad that the good in life doesn't get featured as much as the bad.

vampifan

« Reply #766 on: June 24, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »
I hear what you're saying, Frontman. Sadly, bad news gets far more prominence in the media than the good. For example, you often hear about "the neighbour(s) from Hell" but never about "the neighbour(s) from Heaven!" Well, just for the record, I'd like to tell everyone that I have the neighbours from Heaven and I feel truly blessed.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2009, 11:28:12 PM »
It helps to have somewhere to vent about whoever narked you today, I think.  Maybe where you know people might sympathise with your mishaps too.  Ironically I think this thread makes people a bit happier.  A little bit.  :P

Besides, it's a bit difficult to follow up some of the stuff in that thread with 'I found some Impex JE68 blades this week.'
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:33:06 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

MightyAl

« Reply #768 on: June 24, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »
I hear what you're saying, Frontman. Sadly, bad news gets far more prominence in the media than the good. For example, you often hear about "the neighbour(s) from Hell" but never about "the neighbour(s) from Heaven!" Well, just for the record, I'd like to tell everyone that I have the neighbours from Heaven and I feel truly blessed.

That's probably because it;s easier to make a story out of "my neighbour said they'd feed my cat while I was on holiday - they didn't mention they'd feed it to their dog" than it is to turn "my neighbour accepted a delivery for me when I was out, because he's a nice chap, don't you know".

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 25, 2009, 12:22:46 AM »
It's the one people keep calling 'Ray'.

They never did. I ruled out all the women but none of the three men's names ever got spoken when I saw it. I'm assuming it's not the old man or the tall dumb sounding man but the other bland boring one. But untill last night nobody had ever said his name when I'd been bored out of my mind enough to be on that channel at the wrong time.
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 25, 2009, 05:19:16 AM »
I don't know if POed is right, but maybe disappointed in the human condition that we can go on and on for 31 plus pages; but we can't get beyond 4 pages for things that bring us happiness in our lives.

saying that, the funny stuff thread has 33 pages. Funny stuff makes me happy so Happiness is winning out.

Frontman

« Reply #771 on: June 25, 2009, 06:02:31 AM »
Good point of adding funny to happy.  I now feel redeemed in the human condition.

Save for the fact that the best of the human condition could then be considered a comedy.......

Ah well.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #772 on: June 27, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
Ear operation.  Groggy.  Sore.  Left side of head messed up.

I watched two movies this week.  Transformers and Tremors 3.  Tremors 3 was the better one...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:40:35 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

MightyAl

« Reply #773 on: June 27, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »
Ear operation.  Groggy.  Sore.  Left side of head messed up.

I watched two movies this week.  Transformers and Tremors 3.  Tremors 3 was the better one...
I saw Transformers 2. I was really confused, because at the end, Prime and the Spam(or whatever his name is) are, for some reason, poncing about on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, like they've just hopped on a bus or something. Or even found the tickets in a cereal box.

sleepymarine

« Reply #774 on: June 28, 2009, 04:00:14 AM »
Postal workers who THROW your package of resin models onto your concrete doorstep, when they could've taken two more steps and placed it there gently. :tantrum: :tantrum:

People like my father-in-law's boss who's family all have swine flu.  The boss knew it at the beginning of the week, said nothing.  My father in law is exposed, comes home, tuesday I get sick (with what i thought was food poisoning), thursday afternoon my brother in law gets sick, thursday evening my sister inlaw, and friday morning my father inlaw mentions how everyone was getting sick and his boss pops out with "Oh BTW my family has been sick with swine-flu all week"  Which means my wife was exposed and full term pregnant (baby comes on the 30th) and my wife's pregnant OB-Gyn may have been exposed as well because I went along to the doctor on thursday morning. 
So that necessitates a 3.5hr visit to the ER to get tested on friday, to confirm that I haven't exposed my wife or her doctor, and the friggin ER doc's won't even test ME for swine flu, because I fall in the wrong bracket: under 65yrs, over 6mos, not pregnant, and no medical conditions... all they tell me is to tell my pregnant wife and her pregnant doc to get tested; which the ER will only do if they have symptoms!!!!