Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 623066 times)

Captain Sprout

Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #700 on: May 03, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
Not ALL cat owners are so irresponsible. My cat stays in and isn't allowed to roam the neighborhood looking for prey and places to crap.

When was the last time you heard of a cat attacking a small child and leaving them with horrific injuries...

my mates lil lad ross came so close to loosing his eye from a cat scratch...... 3 surgeries later they managed to save it.......... all cats should be drown at birth

I've worked with people who killed other people..on the basis of that attitude all humans should be drowned at birth too. Pointless generalisations get no one anywhere.

james sequeira

« Reply #701 on: May 03, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
When my tiscali tv package suddently starts soaks up 3/4 of my bandwidth making any downloading or online game unplayable grrr

Offline Bossco101

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Miniature-Heroes.co.uk
« Reply #702 on: May 03, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
Blooming Potholes in the road  :tantrum:  I pay my taxes so why is the surface of the moon in better condition than the rotten roads round here. Already had a front spring snap so far this year. How motor cyclists and those on push bikes get on I just don't know.

Enough with the poor patching, lets have some re-surfaced roads!

hatherley

« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2009, 10:08:24 PM »
As someone who drives for a living, I sympathise, Bossco! Getting a bit fed up with trying not to bounce my passengers around too much on the roads in my area.

McKenzie

« Reply #704 on: May 04, 2009, 10:01:40 PM »
Blooming Potholes in the road  :tantrum:  I pay my taxes so why is the surface of the moon in better condition than the rotten roads round here. Already had a front spring snap so far this year. How motor cyclists and those on push bikes get on I just don't know.

Jump on a motor bike(600+ not a hairdryer ) :lmao: :lmao:....... they're easier to dodge

Offline hawkins

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • Evil? You have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 05, 2009, 03:41:15 PM »

were quick and lucky  :smile:
You PLAY with GARY every time you pick up the dice

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »
The little scum who thought it would be funny to remove the pins from two of the fire extinguishers on the forecourt at work and up end the dry sand buckets - boy I hope they come back in - I went through the CCTV and I recongnise one of them........ :whistle:
Fire fighting equipment is there for a purpose not for the amusement of tw*ts  :grrr:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 05, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
The little scum who thought it would be funny to remove the pins from two of the fire extinguishers on the forecourt at work and up end the dry sand buckets - boy I hope they come back in - I went through the CCTV and I recongnise one of them........ :whistle:
Fire fighting equipment is there for a purpose not for the amusement of tw*ts  :grrr:
Ah! I am EHS manager for some factories & firms (one of them is English!  :wink: ) but NOT for public services, like schools... because of the high stupidity of the "dwellers".
We are blind to the world within us

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 11, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
Spiders. I just spent 2 nights in hospital with a spider bite. awesome.

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:52 PM »
Spiders. I just spent 2 nights in hospital with a spider bite. awesome.
:jawdrop:
What kind of spider?

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 12, 2009, 05:22:06 AM »
A white tail spider.

Worst thing to come out of Australia since Yahoo Serious (Young Einstein)  :lmao:.

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 12, 2009, 08:13:50 AM »
Acc...
The worst spider here is the Latrodectus tredecimguttatus

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 12, 2009, 11:24:17 AM »
How motor cyclists and those on push bikes get on I just don't know.

they are fine for mountain bikes as we can jump over them. stop city centre cycling for being too boring (that and jumping off steps/low walls)

Dolmot

« Reply #713 on: May 12, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »
Theridion grallator

(I'm not particularly p'd off at the moment.)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
Theridion grallator

How can that be dangerous ? It's got a nice smiley face !  :christalmighty:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 12, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
Does it smile?  :scratchhead:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theridion_grallator
Also known as "happy face spider".

Bella Ciao

« Reply #716 on: May 12, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »
Only one thing that really annoys me:

People who have no consideration for others (and that's a LOT of people).

Unfortunately you can pin an awful lot of bad stuff on these people.  Wars, crime, fraudulent expenses claims... the list goes on.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #717 on: May 13, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
Agree with that.

Currently, parasites.  I like all kinds of normal and 'weird' animals (especially spiders...) but parasites get the short end of the stick.  Heebie-jeebies.
I admit my pets don't get routine treatments as often as recommended, but I got the cat wormed a couple of weeks ago. (You don't want to know how I discovered it had worms. :sick: )  Yesterday I found a bunch of fleas clinging round it's ears.  Skin crawls and paranoia goes into overdrive.  How long's it had fleas?  It gets let in pretty regularly - how many are hopping round the carpets?
I got some spot-on repellent for it and read up on the matter.  Thing is, and this is a big part of this moan, is that the dog and household treatments I saw in the shop have to be handled almost like weapons-grade plutonium.  Shampoo?  Don't rinse it down the drain or fish will go belly up.  Dog spot-on?  Don't let cats near for three days or they'll go belly up.  Carpet spray?  Don't touch affected areas for hours.  Then I realised that with all the pyrethrins in it, if I used it anywhere near my spiders, they'd go belly up too.  Crazy.

The internet is a grand invention.  You can find all kinds of stuff when you search for 'natural flea repellent'.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 14, 2009, 04:31:07 AM »
You don't want to know how I discovered it had worms. :sick:  

Well it never actually crossed my mind but now I want to know.

)(ENOLOGY

« Reply #719 on: May 14, 2009, 04:43:06 AM »

Some how I imagine you seeing them in its doody, or poking out of its bum :crazy: .

Am I the only one here fascinated by parasites :wry: ? They're so fascinating and specialized for their niches, though I do find all animal life interesting. Including the bacterium inside meteors.

james sequeira

« Reply #720 on: May 15, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »
When you spend 20mins in a phone queue, to a "technical support person" for Tiscali in their india call centre, when you try to explain in the past 2 weeks your internet has practically gone down 50% in performance and you wish for line checks and something to be done. When all they say is they only can promise 70% of you suggested speed and blah blah, Im like grrrr (in my head ofc) but its been fine for 2 years, until 2 weeks ago.

And they hang up  :explodinghead:

Dolmot

« Reply #721 on: May 15, 2009, 12:47:40 PM »
When all they say is they only can promise 70% of you suggested speed and blah blah

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/5/1/

MightyAl

« Reply #722 on: May 16, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »

Some how I imagine you seeing them in its doody, or poking out of its bum :crazy: .

Am I the only one here fascinated by parasites :wry: ? They're so fascinating and specialized for their niches, though I do find all animal life interesting. Including the bacterium inside meteors.
Not sure I'd class bacteria as an animal; but probably not a debate for here.

I find parasites pretty interesting - spent a large part of my last year at university studying them(and occasionally pulling them out of fish that smelled distinctly off, while hungover).

Anyway, back OT - one thing that ticks me off are TV quiz shows that spend more time chatting with contestants than asking them questions... I mean, when did quiz shows stop being about the quiz and start being a rather more boring version of Trisha?

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #723 on: May 16, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »
Some how I imagine you seeing them in its doody, or poking out of its bum

Something along those lines.  It'd be too weird to explain in detail.

Not sure I'd class bacteria as an animal; but probably not a debate for here.

Yup, they're outside of animalia, in one, two, or even three kingdoms of their own.

spent a large part of my last year at university studying them

I had a couple of modules on them during my course, but it didn't make me feel much better to learn all the myriad gross ways they can maim, torture, or just plain kill you.  Also didn't help to have one lecturer who displayed a sadistic streak in his powerpoint slideshows, and another with one or two anecdotes about using himself as a test subject.

Quiz shows: you been watching Deal or No Deal? :lol:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline PhilH

• Dark Lord
  • Well hello Mr Fancy Pants!
    • View Profile
    • Philscustomsculpts
« Reply #724 on: May 17, 2009, 08:26:41 AM »
When Virgin Media TV packs up just before Britains got Talent and I have three kids who love it. TV is still not working and its pouring with rain. On the up side I got some serious XBOX time in as the missus couldn't watch her shows (level 22 on Zombie Verduct, yes I did glitch) now a day of Disney Dvd's.