Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 624523 times)

Dolmot

Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #600 on: January 30, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »
Fairly normal a weekend here. Daily temperatures around -10C, night-time -20C. Sun is already above the horizon for about seven hours a day, although I haven't seen any of it for two or three weeks. Snow is plentiful so it's not exactly "can't see a thing" dark out there. It's just a bit straining to the eyes when everything has the luminosity of a lowly lit room.

This week's random rants: Two UK shops have already failed to deliver me headphones they had "in stock". (Yeah, right.) One of them even happily took my money and I specifically have to request a refund. Two weeks wasted in this process. Back to the square one. My bank tried to more than triple my credit card fees by adding "extra services" I definitely don't need. I just moved my credit card account to another bank, which also means getting paid to that one as well. Consequently I'll move my savings and future loans there too. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Still, in all its vileness it's not comparable to a 18% interest. Neither is it terminal. Apparently things are quite OK around here. I'm just slightly annoyed because all this pointless paperwork keeps me from painting. Nothing accomplished at all this month. Blah.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:46:41 PM by Dolmot »

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2009, 01:29:39 AM »
The weather people say we will get some relief next week, for a couple of days we will have 38, then its back into the 40's right through next weekend.
To make things worse the power system cant keep up with the demand so its highly probable that the elecricity could go out anytime for a random period of time. Some people have been without power for 24 hours before it goes back on, only to have it go out again a few hours later.
Bloody hell. I didn't know it was that bad. Geez. Two weeks of 40'C+? I'd either die of heat exhaustion or kill myself, one or the other. Utterly intolerable.

coneman

« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
Good Beer Drinking Weather.

Barry

« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
I am at the moment mildly p***ed off with women who use something, like a pair of scissors, and then instead of putting them back where they should go, just leave them where they have finished with them, so that we then have to search high and low for them when we next need them-- and then blame their husbands for misplacing them in the first place.
B.

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2009, 09:32:27 PM »
Story of my life...
We are blind to the world within us

coneman

« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »
Government departments with their one size fits all approach to everything.

I am a single parent and want to be home before and after school for my son, so have worked from home for the past 4 years doing database, spreadsheets, etc on contract basis, dont work hard but earn more I would working part time in school hours on wages.
As I dont earn bundles the government tops up my earnings by a few hundred $$ a fortnight. These payments are reliant on me working part time at least 30 hours per fortnight, which I consider I do and earn over X$ for the work, which I do.

This has been fine for 4 years but now some idiot has decided that because I dont actually go into a work place for 30 hours a fortnight, I am not actually working and therefore need to get another job.  :erm:
The amount I earn doesnt matter, the government would rather I earn less, so they can give me more, so on their records it shows me going into a workplace. And no we cant put your home address as your place of work.
No room for common sense here this is the governemnt policy. :scratchhead:

So while I wait 2 weeks to see someone higher up the food chain to sort this out, starting tommorow I am now required to go into some job agency every day during school hours and apply for jobs I dont need or want, instead of doing the work I already have to do at home.

And they wonder why people loose the plot. :swear:

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #606 on: February 05, 2009, 12:25:31 AM »

Perfect way to summarize it. :roll:
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 05, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
AHHHHH 2 HOURS TO GET OUT OF MILAN!!!

Fu****g metropolis...

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 05, 2009, 04:28:19 PM »
Government departments with their one size fits all approach to everything.

I am a single parent and want to be home before and after school for my son, so have worked from home for the past 4 years doing database, spreadsheets, etc on contract basis, dont work hard but earn more I would working part time in school hours on wages.
As I dont earn bundles the government tops up my earnings by a few hundred $$ a fortnight. These payments are reliant on me working part time at least 30 hours per fortnight, which I consider I do and earn over X$ for the work, which I do.

This has been fine for 4 years but now some idiot has decided that because I dont actually go into a work place for 30 hours a fortnight, I am not actually working and therefore need to get another job.  :erm:
The amount I earn doesnt matter, the government would rather I earn less, so they can give me more, so on their records it shows me going into a workplace. And no we cant put your home address as your place of work.

So while I wait 2 weeks to see someone higher up the food chain to sort this out, starting tommorow I am now required to go into some job agency every day during school hours and apply for jobs I dont need or want, instead of doing the work I already have to do at home.

And they wonder why people loose the plot. :swear:

My dad had something similar a few years ago . He was out of work and they wouldn't help with anything towards his mortgage their suggestion was to loose the house and rent somewhere then they would pay the rent ! Problem was the rent would have worked out more than his mortgage repayments ! :scratchhead: You try your best to do the right thing but if it doesn't fit in one of their boxes or lists you are stuffed  :roll:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

weirdwolf

« Reply #609 on: February 05, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »
Opening a tube of Pringles only to find the contents smashed into little pieces... :tantrum:. How the FK are you meant to stack munch crumbs... :grrr:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #610 on: February 06, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »
I'm just Pi~~~d off at everything at the moment...don't know why...just am.

The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #611 on: February 06, 2009, 10:58:09 PM »

awwwww  :bighug:
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 06, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »

I noticed that on Frothers :lol:

Don't worry, I've got another week of things to make and then I'm on Grymn time. Hopefully I'll be able to make something you'll like.
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 07, 2009, 01:01:38 AM »
Opening a tube of Pringles only to find the contents smashed into little pieces... :tantrum:. How the FK are you meant to stack munch crumbs... :grrr:

I had it worse. Bought a pack of pringles while travelling round India left the place I bought them from opened the pringles to find them already half-eaten.

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #614 on: February 07, 2009, 04:19:41 AM »
8::: Right now it is 45C.  :faint:

Edit: 46.4... Hottest day in Melbourne on record.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 05:30:14 AM by Nosferatu »
Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 07, 2009, 07:55:28 AM »

I know that feeling ! I haven't been out of the house for a fortnight other than to work - was supposed to go down the pub on thursday but couldn't be bothered I just feel knackered and fed up all the time at the moment.  :shrug: Even my painting spree (6 completed minis since new year !) has ground to a halt.... :(
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

coneman

« Reply #616 on: February 07, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »
8::: Right now it is 45C.  :faint:

Edit: 46.4... Hottest day in Melbourne on record.

Dont worry the cool change that is moving through Adelaide at the moment will be there in a day or so.
First time in weeks I have had the aircon off, got the doors and windows open and there is a lovelly cool breeze blowing through the house.  :boing:
Be breaking out the jumpers tommorow, 25c is going to seem fresh after weeks of 40+.

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 07, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 07, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
It seems that my whinging about the heat was very petty. My state (Victoria) has been devastated by bushfires over the last 24 hours. Early estimates are of 40 dead and 100 homes lost. Some towns have been completely wiped out. One beautiful town in the mountains, Marysville is thought to have only one building left standing.

The weather is cooler today but the wind has shifted and now more towns are threatened.

On top of that the wildlife is being devastated by these fires, many of which have been deliberately lit.

:tears:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 07, 2009, 08:15:23 PM »
Yeah just heard about that on the radio. That's really horrible, lets hope it doesn't spread much further.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 07, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »
On top of that the wildlife is being devastated by these fires, many of which have been deliberately lit.

thats awful
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

weirdwolf

« Reply #621 on: February 07, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »
It seems that my whinging about the heat was very petty. My state (Victoria) has been devastated by bushfires over the last 24 hours. Early estimates are of 40 dead and 100 homes lost. Some towns have been completely wiped out. One beautiful town in the mountains, Marysville is thought to have only one building left standing.

The weather is cooler today but the wind has shifted and now more towns are threatened.

That's awful.... :grrr:. I hope they catch the toerags that started the fires.

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 07, 2009, 10:51:14 PM »

That's awful.... :grrr:. I hope they catch the toerags that started the fires.
:x
40 people died.... terrible.

coneman

« Reply #623 on: February 08, 2009, 12:10:30 AM »
When they catch these pyromaniac idiots they should get all their possesions in a big heap and see if they think watching their own stuff burn is fun.

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 08, 2009, 06:21:32 AM »
On the bright side BBQ Koala gives you really clear sinuses.

:? In pretty poor taste, I'd suggest.

Death toll has risen to 50 65 confirmed and is expected to continue to rise. Fires are still burning out of control. At least 2 towns have been completely destroyed and over 360 700 homes are gone across the state.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:25:42 AM by Nosferatu »