Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 619994 times)

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #550 on: January 19, 2009, 01:21:49 AM »
It would be really nice to be able to switch off just once and not listen to tales of scraping body parts off aircraft...

I hear you Inso.

Although not the same, as a relatively senior member from a well known defence company i used to hate turning up on a base and having the MOD staff go... "oh and we invited a few squaddies in to give you some feedback on your new piece of XYZ equipment."  They do this so that they don't have to deal with the squaddies - they can just finger point to the contractor.

Half the time what the sqauddies wanted/needed simplywasn't what we'd been contracted to provide by the top brass..."

Although now i think about it... i've never had somebody say that they were scrapoing up body parts because somehting we'd sold them failed...
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #551 on: January 19, 2009, 03:47:20 PM »
Argos!
Yep good ol Argos has just about made my list.

New catalogue came out Saturday......is the item I want in stock......is it buggery.

Now you'd think that before advertising a product in a catalogue they'd makes sure they had some stock in on the launch day.
I have to wait until this coming Friday for it to be delivered to the store.
Not even in stock for home delivery.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 19, 2009, 08:01:33 PM »
On the subject of shops, the Sony centre in Norwich where the two staff members were too busy mucking around to ask me if I needed any help (I was the only one in the shop) - well guys you missed out on a sale. I went to Currys and got the same Blu-ray disc player and the staff at least feigned an interest in their customers ! :grrr:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #553 on: January 19, 2009, 11:44:50 PM »
Argos!

New catalogue came out Saturday......is the item I want in stock......is it buggery.

Now you'd think that before advertising a product in a catalogue they'd makes sure they had some stock in on the launch day.
It's called bait and switch. They put a real bargain in the catalogue, only have a couple in stock, and hope you buy something else when you turn up and it's not available. Or even if you're willing to wait for the restock, that you'll buy something else while you're in there. Of course that something else isn't as heavily discounted...

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #554 on: January 20, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »
Argos!

It's called bait and switch. They put a real bargain in the catalogue, only have a couple in stock, and hope you buy something else when you turn up and it's not available. Or even if you're willing to wait for the restock, that you'll buy something else while you're in there. Of course that something else isn't as heavily discounted...

Well I for one wait, and don't buy a substitute or something else as well.
I'm a stickler for getting the item I want, as I want it to do a job, and ONLY that one will do the job I want, lol.
(some folks called it being awkward, lol)

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #555 on: January 20, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »
Hmmmm seems they might have read that I was pi**ed off, as I got an email today saying the item was in the store to be picked up.
GooooooOOOOOOOo Argos.

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #556 on: January 20, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
There are two really horrible things that i've had to do in my working life.
1. be made redundant
2. make other people redundant

hear that
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »
On the subject of shops, the Sony centre in Norwich where the two staff members were too busy mucking around to ask me if I needed any help (I was the only one in the shop) - well guys you missed out on a sale. I went to Currys and got the same Blu-ray disc player and the staff at least feigned an interest in their customers ! :grrr:

I have been places like that before where you walk in and you are effectively a "star" customer in the sense that you have already decided that you are going to buy and you know what you want. You will be reletively quick and don't want a lot of hassle. Your not some window shopper that takes a lot of time up and probably won't buy that day . . . . So defenitely their loss!

I am going to add another thing to my list of hatreds now.

THE ROYAL MAIL - and by that I do not mean to insult anyone on here who works for them and won't go into detail. But lets just say two items in succession missing - not great is it?!!!
Addicted drewling gibbering slave of the FOD and its mini makers, painters and fans . . . . .
http://mcfonz.blogspot.com

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2009, 10:04:29 PM »
Just at this moment...Royal Mail  :swear:
Poste italiane also  :whip: :whip:
Quote from: Twosoc
Oh don't get me started on  the italian postal service. I'm thinking of stopping sending stuff there, 4 out of 5 go missing! GRRRR

It makes you wonder where does all the lost mail go to, is there mountains of undelivered post?

Some magical land of postal wonder, where skyscrapers are made from parcels and the streets are paved with letters? Rivers of packaging tape and it rains postage stamps.

My friend, see page 18... we all are angry against Post service... one of the worst argument of discussion, I discovered.
We are blind to the world within us

Captain Sprout

« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »
Hmmmm seems they might have read that I was pi**ed off, as I got an email today saying the item was in the store to be picked up.
GooooooOOOOOOOo Argos.

That would happen because the latest date you were given is the longest you'd have to wait for the item to be ordered into store. Usually it arrives quicker.

On the bait and switch point its a nice idea, assuming Machiavellian skill in buying and stock control. Good in theory but as in many things, the practice is usually far from a conspiracy  :D

Barry

« Reply #560 on: January 22, 2009, 10:40:03 AM »
Got a letter this morning from a water company. Stupidly I agreed to take out insurance on my water pipes with them last year. Now it has doubled in price, I realise it is unnecessary and anyway I can get it cheaper. The letter says that to renew I don't have to do anything- just sit back and it is renewed automatically. But I want to cancel so I look for the address to cancel- it must be here somewhere- I will read the whole thing carefully- hey guess what,- yep, no info on that at all.
B.

Offline Chris_M

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 22, 2009, 12:19:41 PM »
Got a letter this morning from a water company. Stupidly I agreed to take out insurance on my water pipes with them last year. Now it has doubled in price, I realise it is unnecessary and anyway I can get it cheaper. The letter says that to renew I don't have to do anything- just sit back and it is renewed automatically. But I want to cancel so I look for the address to cancel- it must be here somewhere- I will read the whole thing carefully- hey guess what,- yep, no info on that at all.
B.
Presuming there's no phone number or web url either, that's one for your local trading standards authority IMO.

weirdwolf

« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »
Just at this moment...Royal Mail  :swear:
Poste italiane also  :whip: :whip:
Quote from: Twosoc
Oh don't get me started on  the italian postal service. I'm thinking of stopping sending stuff there, 4 out of 5 go missing! GRRRR

It makes you wonder where does all the lost mail go to, is there mountains of undelivered post?

Some magical land of postal wonder, where skyscrapers are made from parcels and the streets are paved with letters? Rivers of packaging tape and it rains postage stamps.

My friend, see page 18... we all are angry against Post service... one of the worst argument of discussion, I discovered.

The P.O again...I was sat down having a cuppa this afternoon & noticed the local chav's taking a interest to the front door area of me house. On opening the door I saw a small box shoved into the bushes under the window. The box was soaked through, the address was only just visible. The letter inside the box was smudged, but still legible. I'm not at work tomorrow morning, so the postman is going to get both barrels (verbally... :whistle:).

@ weareblind I wont even start on UPS after their pathetic show... :grrr:

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »

The P.O again...I was sat down having a cuppa this afternoon & noticed the local chav's taking a interest to the front door area of me house. On opening the door I saw a small box shoved into the bushes under the window. The box was soaked through, the address was only just visible. The letter inside the box was smudged, but still legible. I'm not at work tomorrow morning, so the postman is going to get both barrels (verbally... :whistle:).

Probably won't be the same Postie, I never seem to have the same one two days running.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 26, 2009, 05:52:09 PM »
Well I am "royal"y ticked off now.

Sent an email to them in regards to items that were sent to me but never recieved. Again I don't want to go into too much detail here! Lets just say they basically informed me that it wasn't my fuss to be making - it's up to the sender to chace it.

This sounds all and good apart from they have told the sender that it is down to them to replace the lost item . . . . . what? I am sorry but does this not sound wrong?!!

Second email on the way . . . . .
Addicted drewling gibbering slave of the FOD and its mini makers, painters and fans . . . . .

sleepymarine

« Reply #565 on: January 27, 2009, 10:27:29 AM »
<<<<apologizing in advance for any offence the following may cause...>>>>

Religious zealots of any faith...

Now don't get me wrong, following a faith, or believing in a deity or deities is fine, but taking those tenets of whatever religion and twisting them around to oppress others...

right now I'm going to pick on my fellow Christians...  I AM A Christian, but have never been more ASHAMED to be identified as one than I am currently... 
It's a religion of love, compassion, acceptance, and understanding yet so many Christian groups have adopted policies of bigotry, exclusion, intolerance, and condemnation and then claim they are only following the Bible, yet will never admit just how selectively they are doing so... and don't have the nerve to question their "shepherds"

Whatever happened to "Love one another," "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you," "Judge not, lest ye be judged"

I like God just fine, but his fanclub drives me crazy...

P.S. If this post is too offensive(and believe me this is a VERY HEAVILY censored version of my viewpoint), go ahead and remove it Mods, and I will accept any consequences, and apologize for any inconveniences...

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 27, 2009, 11:16:16 AM »
<<<<apologizing in advance for any offence the following may cause...>>>>

Religious zealots of any faith...

Now don't get me wrong, following a faith, or believing in a deity or deities is fine, but taking those tenets of whatever religion and twisting them around to oppress others...

right now I'm going to pick on my fellow Christians...  I AM A Christian, but have never been more ASHAMED to be identified as one than I am currently... 
It's a religion of love, compassion, acceptance, and understanding yet so many Christian groups have adopted policies of bigotry, exclusion, intolerance, and condemnation and then claim they are only following the Bible, yet will never admit just how selectively they are doing so... and don't have the nerve to question their "shepherds"

Whatever happened to "Love one another," "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you," "Judge not, lest ye be judged"

I like God just fine, but his fanclub drives me crazy...

P.S. If this post is too offensive(and believe me this is a VERY HEAVILY censored version of my viewpoint), go ahead and remove it Mods, and I will accept any consequences, and apologize for any inconveniences...

I have had a few goth/emo friends told things like they will go to hell etc by someone preaching in the street before now.

I am Christian but I also refuse to align myself with any particular sect because each has a different view on the bible and none of them are more true than another. However it does wind me up something chronic if someone so blatently judges another and says things like "you will go to hell". So far as I am aware that is blasphemy and a gross insult to God. That judgement is to be made at the gates of heaven - not by a  mere mortol who is likely to have sinned as much as any other - especially if they walk the streets judging all and sundry.

I have time for jehovas whitnesses too because all they really do is go door to door and give you a little serman.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #567 on: January 27, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »
religion...mmm...this could get ugly ;).
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

vampifan

« Reply #568 on: January 27, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »
 :metoo:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 27, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »
Thanks Gods I'm atheist.
We are blind to the world within us

weirdwolf

« Reply #570 on: January 27, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »

Probably won't be the same Postie, I never seem to have the same one two days running.

We have the same Posty...had a word & it wasn't that he was sick...so he got his cuppa

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 27, 2009, 04:18:41 PM »
On the subject of parcels etc my dad builds electronic equipment for the oil industry and ordered some bits from a company called CPC. Nothing wrong with the speed of delivery (ordered 4pm delivered 8am the following morning via courier) but the size of the box was unbelievable ! :scratchhead: The box measured 3x2x1 feet and contained the items in a box 30x15x8 cm - the rest of the space was filled with foam  chippings !
Now I'm not the worlds greatest environmentalist but isn't this a waste of resources especially as the components aren't even fragile !  :roll:

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 27, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
And the cost to send a parcel that size by courier.

Chris Passeno

« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »
Being rushed into brain tumor surgery and being told 4 days later that it's terminal.  Not immediately terminal, but terminal none the less.

Now that sucks!

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
 :jawdrop: Jeez that more than sucks ! Don't quite know what to say  :shrug: