Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 624559 times)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #475 on: December 28, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »
:D  Reminds me, I saw this on telly the other day.  D'you think this is better or worse, Keeper?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VYSGVvA4ojE

... or just freakin' terrifying?

What pissing me off these days?  People who pretend dogs or other animals write, or talk on TV.  Not so much Andrex-puppy-style (though that inane cutesy-banter still raises my pressure) but charities.  A dog shelter I used to visit had descriptions of individual dogs like that in the local paper.  There's a TV advert for African donkeys with a posh English voiceover declaring 'I'm ever so tired'.  The Dog's Trust even offers 'letters from your dog' as an inducement to sponsor.  Straight-up says that your sponsored dog will write to you.  There are reasons to donate to needy dogs; but indulging bleeding-hearts who are so wet and delusional and think of dogs like little humans to the point that they see themselves as transcripters or dictatees to transmit the animal in question's thoughts and opinions to the world?  No.  No thank you.

And feeling rotten and sore-headed and pre-flu-ey.  That pisses me off too.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

weirdwolf

« Reply #476 on: December 28, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
:D  Reminds me, I saw this on telly the other day.  D'you think this is better or worse, Keeper?

What pissing me off these days?  People who pretend dogs or other animals write, or talk on TV.  Not so much Andrex-puppy-style (though that inane cutesy-banter still raises my pressure) but charities.  A dog shelter I used to visit had descriptions of individual dogs like that in the local paper.  There's a TV advert for African donkeys with a posh English voiceover declaring 'I'm ever so tired'.  The Dog's Trust even offers 'letters from your dog' as an inducement to sponsor.  Straight-up says that your sponsored dog will write to you.  There are reasons to donate to needy dogs; but indulging bleeding-hearts who are so wet and delusional and think of dogs like little humans to the point that they see themselves as transcripters or dictatees to transmit the animal in question's thoughts and opinions to the world?  No.  No thank you.

And feeling rotten and sore-headed and pre-flu-ey.  That pisses me off too.

I'll go with terrifying.. :crazy:

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »

yes 'animals talking/writing' annoys me too

that baby however will stop me sleeping at night. thanks for sharing!! *sobs*

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »

I'll go with terrifying.. :crazy:

:metoo: :christalmighty:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 31, 2008, 02:47:51 AM »
What is really really really really grating on me now is a specific doctor that said my 6 week old son was fine (on Xmas eve) and was willing to send my wife, my son and myself home. He wouldn't listen to our explanation of what was wrong and thought we had no idea about what we were talking about, just because we are first time parents it doesn't mean we don't know when are son is extremely ill (it was the horrendous amounts of bileous vomting that made us click). As it turned out our son had a malrotated bowel and was near death and on Xmas day had to be flown down to Wellington (NZ) because no one could diagnose what he had. Luckily a surgeon there picked up what it was straight away and he was in theatre that night of which we are eternally thankful. Besides a scar to impress the ladies with and also minus an appendix too he is recouperating well.
That's my rant... for now. Time to celebrate Christmas now that we're home.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:50:02 AM by beefcake »

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #480 on: December 31, 2008, 02:56:40 AM »
 :shock: Wow, relieved that everything turned out OK for you mate. Sounds like a xmas you won't forget in a hurry...  :erm:
Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Offline AKULA

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 31, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »
Things that p*** me off?

This flaming cold - literally got no sleep at all last night, to the point where i logged onto my work server at 5am for something to do.

Still gave my son a surprise when he crept in at 6.20am to find me awake before him (i was sorely tempted to go and wake him up for a change...)

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #482 on: December 31, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
Whats pissing me off at the mo'.................my eldest son, he's 13.

At the start of 2008 he was put forward after some great results in a contest, to take up rowing at an amatuer level with the possiblity of rowing for the county later in the year.
We've backed him all the way, making sure he can get to any training and contests available, and he threw himself in big time and thrashed his clubs junior scores in the 1st few weeks.
The school has been involved heavily too, they asked if they could be the ones to kit him out with all his training and competition gear, and they certainly did........big time!!!
So with all this backing and the enthusiasm he's shown, he was told that he is heading to be a world class rower.
Good news, yes?

Nw I know it's hard to take the rough with the smooth and winter training is hard, as they do still like them to take time out in the boats at least one session a week, but..........

He's come home the week before Xmas and told us that he wants to pack it all up, the whole lot and doesn't like it anymore, not just because it's cold or because it's hard, or because he's not always winning.......

It's because he can't be bothered anymore..........

vampifan

« Reply #483 on: December 31, 2008, 10:16:36 AM »
Bruenor, that's teenagers all over for you. You have my heartfelt sympathies, mate.

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 31, 2008, 10:40:47 AM »
Bruenor, that's teenagers all over for you. You have my heartfelt sympathies, mate.
:metoo:
I'm preparing myself for mine Gloria...
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #485 on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »
'Gifting' sections in high street shops, anyone?
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #486 on: December 31, 2008, 03:07:35 PM »

Staple him to the boat.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #487 on: December 31, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
Made him go today.......moaned like hell.
Won't be moaning when he's pulling in golds.....

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 31, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »

Staple him to the boat.
..... or try 6 inch nails............ :whistle: It would be a real shame if such a talent went by the wayside due to a teenage strop !  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:17:10 PM by DRAGON »

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »

just tell him when he is old enough to foot the bills for his hobbies that he can choose whether or not to continue with them...until then he does what you tell him and when,    or he sleeps in the shed.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #490 on: December 31, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »
LMAO, Love it Sally.

He's at that age now, that if we said that, he'd go take his stuff to the shed just to be bloody awkward.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 31, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »
You need to get a parenting book written Sally!

:applause:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 31, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
You need to get a parenting book written Sally!

:applause:
:metoo:
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »

:D
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

Offline Bruenor Odinson

• Dark Apprentice
  • Kiss my axe!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Odinson's Anvil
« Reply #494 on: December 31, 2008, 08:06:21 PM »

:D

and brunettes, and reds......eh Vermis?

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 31, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »
LMAO, Love it Sally.

He's at that age now, that if we said that, he'd go take his stuff to the shed just to be bloody awkward.

well let him do it then.  it is a bit cold this time of year to sleep in a shed, he will soon want his nice warm centrally heated bedroom and will come back in with his tail between his legs.

the trick with parenting is to give them two options...both of which suit what you ultimately want them to do  that way they feel they are in control by picking what they want to do but really you win either way but with less arguing.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 31, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »
She's good..... very good........ muahahahaha
Let that be a lesson to one and all - DON'T MESS WITH SALLY !

weirdwolf

« Reply #497 on: December 31, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »
Whats pissing me off at the mo'.................my eldest son, he's 13.

At the start of 2008 he was put forward after some great results in a contest, to take up rowing at an amatuer level with the possiblity of rowing for the county later in the year.
We've backed him all the way, making sure he can get to any training and contests available, and he threw himself in big time and thrashed his clubs junior scores in the 1st few weeks.
The school has been involved heavily too, they asked if they could be the ones to kit him out with all his training and competition gear, and they certainly did........big time!!!
So with all this backing and the enthusiasm he's shown, he was told that he is heading to be a world class rower.
Good news, yes?

Nw I know it's hard to take the rough with the smooth and winter training is hard, as they do still like them to take time out in the boats at least one session a week, but..........

He's come home the week before Xmas and told us that he wants to pack it all up, the whole lot and doesn't like it anymore, not just because it's cold or because it's hard, or because he's not always winning.......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuEY6jN6gY  Nuff said... :whistle:

'Gifting' sections in high street shops, anyone?
I agree... :thumbup:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #498 on: December 31, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

Well, I was just expressing pleasant surprise and general good vibes for your lad achieving such things as gold medals.  But if you want to talk about redheads...
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 31, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »

Well, I was just expressing pleasant surprise and general good vibes for your lad achieving such things as gold medals.  But if you want to talk about redheads...

be careful...i am a redhead....