Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 637460 times)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #450 on: December 20, 2008, 11:42:09 PM »
However the people needing to be squeezed around were weeing wildly so the inch gap was preferred

Er, what?  :blink:

In the supermarket aisles?

How unhygienic.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 20, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »
Being dumped the week before Xmas. :(

Join the club, amigo. Perhaps we should get jackets made  :(
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Bodhi

« Reply #452 on: December 21, 2008, 07:57:49 AM »
Although, I wish I still had my long hair... :whistle: :lol:.

Hair...

Pisses me off

:P

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 21, 2008, 08:12:18 AM »
 :metoo:

weirdwolf

« Reply #454 on: December 21, 2008, 10:23:04 AM »
i don't relay have a problem with people when shopping in general.

what pisses me off is seeing all of the large companies with connections getting bailed out when it's their own fault they are in the mess that they have got themselves into.
i won't say any more as just typing this is starting to get me angry!

I generally don't have a problem, it was just this one time I found really strange behaviour. I fully agree with you on the subject of the companies. Why the hell anyone has to bail them out is beyond me...makes me sick especially when you see so many small businesses struggling, but like you said the others are connected.. :grrr:.

Although, I wish I still had my long hair... :whistle: :lol:.

Hair...

Pisses me off

:P
Ah! I used to have, as one of my old Norwegian girlfriends used to call it...Viking hair...long, thick & copper in colour. Even women used to envy it.. :blink:.
Then it happened, it started to thin out. I was sat in a bar in Dublin, talking to some ladies & one said "don't worry about it"...."at least you look a little like Francis Rossy from Status Quo"....straight out the door to the barbers...didn't even finish my pint... 8:::. And yes it was a pain to keep, I'll agree with you there... :thumbup:

@ Beefcake...I'm hoping that the term ..."weeing"...means something completely different in NZ. Weeing wildly over here means that the shoppers were giving each other, Frantic Golden showers..... :lol: :lol: :whistle:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 21, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
We are blind to the world within us

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 21, 2008, 09:20:02 PM »
@weirdwolf
I failed to mention that it was a saturday night and out on the street. I've never seen that happen in a supermarket before, and hopefully never will. ( I really need to explain myself more fully)

weirdwolf

« Reply #457 on: December 21, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »

@weirdwolf
I failed to mention that it was a saturday night and out on the street. I've never seen that happen in a supermarket before, and hopefully never will. ( I really need to explain myself more fully)

:rofl3:...That explains a lot... :thumbup:

mnordgren

« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2008, 11:29:26 PM »
I just found out that I've screwed up a bit. :erm:

I'm standing in line for an apartment and was supposed to check in every six months to keep my place, completely forgot (doesn't have very much implications right now though since I have one already). Anyway, you learn from your mistakes so I suppose the chance of this happening again is minimal. :shrug:

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #459 on: December 23, 2008, 08:01:39 PM »
oh dear, that isnt good then.

what has pi**ed me off lately............i havbe to go along with Orctrader and the post office as he sent us a really gorgeous painted figures, securely boxed up by recorded delivery and they squished it through the letterbox thus breaking and chipping the figure and didnt even get a signature.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #460 on: December 23, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
The Welsh hospitals have had the jamie oliver treatment  :tantrum: all coke machines and chocolate/sweet machines etc have gone.... you now pay 1 for a bottle of "ENGLISH" water  :drevil2: or a can of some strange juice :shock: and the other machine sells bags of flavoured seeds, nuts and dried fruit  :blink:

people have to be really desperate to buy that stuff, the hospital's going to loose money and starve patients :scratchhead:

I've started to smuggle my own stuff in when i go there  :lol:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
on the other hand grek you can buy bed food before you go and you do get your medicines for free in good old Cymru!
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline mcfonz

• Dark Lord
  • Gulp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 24, 2008, 12:24:31 AM »
My pet hate are round-a-bouts.

Why is it no one seems to know the correct lane or how to indicate - even worse are those that invent a middle lane on a roundabout that only has two lanes or a second lane on roundabouts that only have one! I accept that at the moment I don't have a car and me girlfriend does all of the driving (unless I am at work where I do quite a bit) but I spend most of my time pulling gestures and silly faces at drivers who are quite frankly, rather silly!

Having read the first post of this thread about fireworks - another of my pet hates is how fireworks night has evolved to fireworks month from when I was a kid. A whole month of people letting the dastedly things off all over the place. I could have sworn next door were trying to shoot a cat off our roof . . . . and on more than one occaision!
Addicted drewling gibbering slave of the FOD and its mini makers, painters and fans . . . . .
http://mcfonz.blogspot.com

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 24, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »
Don't get me started on driving!!!!! I'm an absolute perfect driver, it's just that every one else on the road is useless. :lmao:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #464 on: December 24, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »
you do get your medicines for free in good old Cymru!

yep...  :lol:

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 24, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »
The Welsh hospitals have had the jamie oliver treatment  :tantrum: all coke machines and chocolate/sweet machines etc have gone.... you now pay 1 for a bottle of "ENGLISH" water  :drevil2: or a can of some strange juice :shock: and the other machine sells bags of flavoured seeds, nuts and dried fruit  :blink:

people have to be really desperate to buy that stuff, the hospital's going to loose money and starve patients :scratchhead:

don't get me started. i work in a hospital. this is gonna screw us. when it gets to 4am, you get all hypoglycemic and the best way to sort that is choc. damn them. if they do it, do it properly and make sure they serve something up other than slop for meals

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #466 on: December 24, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »

don't get me started. i work in a hospital. this is gonna screw us. when it gets to 4am, you get all hypoglycemic and the best way to sort that is choc. damn them. if they do it, do it properly and make sure they serve something up other than slop for meals
:metoo:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #467 on: December 24, 2008, 05:52:09 PM »
Considering I keep hearing about the burden of the obesity 'epidemic'* on the NHS, I think it'd be a bit two-faced to have a bunch of mars and coke machines littered about hospitals. ;)

*The biggest reason for that, IMO, is precisely this kind of thinking:

people have to be really desperate to buy that stuff

My pet hate are round-a-bouts.  Why is it no one seems to know the correct lane or how to indicate

Oh yes.  This has been doing my head in recently.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 25, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »
The new leather office chair I got for christmas which requires 8 pairs of hands to hold the damned thing together while you get the holes to line up  :crazy: - having said that it's a damned  comfy chair ! :lalala:
Oh and the packaging on the RC Dalek which nearly broke the thing trying to get it out ! :whah?:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 25, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #470 on: December 25, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
What P~~~es me off today?  Nothing :mrgreen:.

I got a lovely jumper for Christmas, a few other little gifts as well...but the best thing?  My two children got some action figures for Christmas (My son got a box full of 2nd hand Starwars figures and my daughter a box of 2nd hand Sylvanian Families figures) and they have played with them in the living room all day without getting narky with each other once!  They haven't even gone near a games console...

...There is hope for them after all!

Oh, to top things off, I cooked Christmas dinner (as I always do) and the Goose tasted gorgeous!

...BUT I forgot to cook stuffing...oh the really P~~~es me off!...:mrgreen:.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 25, 2008, 11:57:56 PM »

Oh and the packaging on the RC Dalek which nearly broke the thing trying to get it out ! :whah?:

Took me three hours last year. There can't be a kid with an intact box anywhere. I am going to save mine and auction in twenty years :wry:
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 26, 2008, 12:14:56 AM »
Being dumped the week before Xmas. :(

Join the club, amigo. Perhaps we should get jackets made  :(

I have achieved closure. I hope you do too. Best wishes.  :thumbup:
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #473 on: December 27, 2008, 04:24:37 PM »
Baby dolls that cry and whimper. :tantrum:

Why would any sane adult who has ever had children be involved in designing, manufacturing or buying such repellent monstrocities?  It is a hard enough time in anyone's life having a real life little monster darling keeping you awake all night - why, for the love of all that is good an holy, would you want to give your two/three/four year old the same heinous experience?

My only answer is that they are designed and sold my the same kind of childless nitwits who put innane warnings on coffee about it being hot and find it necessary to prevent everyone from drinking in public place because a small minority cannot be trusted to do so senibly.

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

The only ray of light in the whole abominable affair is that these abhorrent contraptions belong to my nieces and we're leaving this evening - hurrah!

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 27, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
Baby dolls that cry and whimper. :tantrum:

Why would any sane adult who has ever had children be involved in designing, manufacturing or buying such repellent monstrocities?  It is a hard enough time in anyone's life having a real life little monster darling keeping you awake all night - why, for the love of all that is good an holy, would you want to give your two/three/four year old the same heinous experience?

My only answer is that they are designed and sold my the same kind of childless nitwits who put innane warnings on coffee about it being hot and find it necessary to prevent everyone from drinking in public place because a small minority cannot be trusted to do so senibly.

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

The only ray of light in the whole abominable affair is that these abhorrent contraptions belong to my nieces and we're leaving this evening - hurrah!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: