Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 620013 times)

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
 muahahahaha
We are blind to the world within us

Barry

« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »
I don't have trouble with nutters on busses. I just sit there and talk to my pretend invisible friend Brian who is  in fact a giant invisible rabbit and the nutters seem to go and sit elsewhere.
Barry.

weirdwolf

« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »
Nobody ever sits near me on a bus...seriously they don't... :oops:. I have been on a crowded bus with people standing & the seat next to me is empty... :shrug: 8:::

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2008, 07:10:31 PM »
Maybe you need to invite them to sit by you.
hmmmm  :scratchhead: thats a strategy likely to succeed.

killerkitty

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2008, 07:56:09 PM »
Nobody ever sits near me on a bus...seriously they don't... :oops:. I have been on a crowded bus with people standing & the seat next to me is empty... :shrug: 8:::

That is because your a psycho.... :grrr:

vampifan

« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:54 PM »
It is at this time of year (winter) that one of my pet hates comes to the fore - snow and ice. I HATE snow and I HATE ice even more - and the older I get, the more I hate them. As I type this the village where I live is covered in a thick blanket of snow. Seeing it first thing this morning depressed the hell out of me. Now the snow is turning to ice and I just know that tomorrow our roads and paths will be like ice rinks.  :tantrum:
There is a reason why I hate this weather so much and it is because I suffer from osteoporosis, or brittle bones in layman's terms. As a consequence, I am scared stiff of falling and doing myself a serious injury. The risk is far higher for me than with a healthy person. If you're a kid (of any age, and I include certain adults in that category) then snow is great. As a grumpy old git (which I am) snow is just one more thing to moan about!
Right, I feel better for getting that off my chest and I'm staying indoors until it has all gone away.

weirdwolf

« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »
Well..this is one grumpy old git that loves winter... :thumbup:. A big blanket of snow has me bounceing about like a kid...mind you if I had brittle bones it would slow me down...but with all due respect I don't...so I'll have a play for the both of us... :D :thumbup: :boing:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2008, 02:14:40 AM »
I can't get enough of the stuff. Usually that is because I live in a place that would only ever see a day (or night) cold enough once in a blue moon.
At the moment down here in the southern hemisphere its steaming hot, the last week we've averaged 29 degrees each day and its not even christmas yet (which is always rainy for some reason).
I guess the next topic about things that p*** you off is going to be "bloody whinging Kiwi's that never getting snow"

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2008, 02:27:01 AM »
I guess the next topic about things that p*** you off is going to be "bloody whinging Kiwi's that never getting snow"

Nope when someone mentions kiwi's the first thing that pops into my head is to ask when they last won the rugby world cup ?
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2008, 04:14:17 AM »
 :swear:   1981 and everyone knows it was the most important being the first one and all.  :D
and i'll leave with 32 -6.
(all said in good humour no malice implied)

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
First thing that pops in to my head is to ask what's the weather like in Middle Earth today?
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »
:swear:   1981 and everyone knows it was the most important being the first one and all.  :D
and i'll leave with 32 -6.
(all said in good humour no malice implied)

It must be quite galling that the crummy team you beat 32-6 has actually been in THREE world cup finals though.... ;)

ok i think i may have drifted a little off-topic.

Kev - any chance of making  a few rugby playing minis - characatures of Johnny Wilkinson, Martin Johnson and co would be most welcome. (there i got a mini reference in...)
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2008, 12:22:44 PM »
Has it been snowing? It hardly ever snows here. I bought a snow shovel 15 years ago, I have used it once at 3am just to get some use out of it. The snow had melted by morning. That shovel must rank as one of the (mutter, mutter). 10 miles up the road can be blocked with snow and all we know about it is when cars drive past with a foot of snow on the roof.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »

It must be quite galling that the crummy team you beat 32-6 has actually been in THREE world cup finals though.... ;)

ok i think i may have drifted a little off-topic.

Kev - any chance of making  a few rugby playing minis - characatures of Johnny Wilkinson, Martin Johnson and co would be most welcome. (there i got a mini reference in...)
:applause: touche
And a Giant Jonah Lomu, that will squash them all. hee hee hee. No french though as they seem to be the bane of the all black team at world cups.

(and I meant to write 1987 as the first world cup)
"Middle Earth weather is generally good, I'm wandering around with my hairy feet out at the moment (well not actually wandering as I'm at the computer but you get the picture).

Bodhi

« Reply #389 on: December 05, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
Has it been snowing? It hardly ever snows here. I bought a snow shovel 15 years ago, I have used it once at 3am just to get some use out of it. The snow had melted by morning. That shovel must rank as one of the (mutter, mutter). 10 miles up the road can be blocked with snow and all we know about it is when cars drive past with a foot of snow on the roof.

I'm praying for ice. Last year we had none. How else are you supposed to go diving in the winter? Without ice to saw up a hole in it becomes kind of pointless  :wink:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #390 on: December 06, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
First thing that pops in to my head is to ask what's the weather like in Middle Earth today?

:scratchhead: did you mean the movie middle earth

or real fictional middle earth

or real real middle earth being the welsh shropshire mountains/east midlands and the swiss alps

:shrug:

GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline maxxev

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 08, 2008, 09:19:03 PM »
And new Z

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #392 on: December 09, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »
Things that p*** me off? Well at the moment it is a British camera equipment retailer called Microglobe. Simply the worst service I've ever encountered from an online retailer.

A month ago I ordered a polarising filter for my camera. I ordered it from them because it has been discontinued and I was having trouble getting one. Anyway they had it listed as available so I ordered it. 50 quid worth. Assuming that they still had one stashed away somewhere.

The order had been sitting there marked as pending for almost a month. I tried to contact them and they completely ignored my 2 emails. Then out of the blue they have now canceled the order without contacting me and the only reason I know is that there is a message on my account at their site saying that it is discontinued.

Microglobe:
Firstly, Remove stuff from your online store if you don't have it in or it has been discontinued and stop wasting everyone's time.

Secondly, keep in contact with your customers and let them know promptly if there is a problem. ...actually it just helps if you let them know at all!

Absolutely pathetic.  :grrr: DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM MICROGLOBE. They suck!  :explodinghead:
Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Dolmot

« Reply #393 on: December 09, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
Ooh, I know the feeling!

Microglobe: Anyone:
Firstly, Remove stuff from your online store if you don't have it in or it has been discontinued and stop wasting everyone's time.

Secondly, keep in contact with your customers and let them know promptly if there is a problem. ...actually it just helps if you let them know at all!

I've had this happening to me several times during the last few months, mostly with CDs. I try to buy small label releases via some retailer because the label itself has already sold its stock. (That's where I always check first.) Some shop lists them as "in stock", then goes silent for a couple of weeks after my order. I assume it's been shipped and should arrive any day. When I finally ask them, they say something like "we have some problems with our supplier..." Of course you have, because there's only one supplier in the world and I've already checked it myself! I could have told it to you right from the beginning, if you only had been honest and admitted it's actually a backorder item, never going to be restocked. I'm using your store because you claim that you still have them - real goods, not imaginary ones. Back to square one, only with three weeks utterly wasted.

One country seems to be especially creative on this field. There's a nominally high-profile retailer/distributor listing several rarites as "in stock". Then after endless delays and poor communication they finally suggest "maybe you'd like to buy a bog standard item from us instead?" Sorry, no. Not that one or anything else. Ever. Thanks for wasting my time, grabbing my personal information and holding my credit card details for nothing. In the worst case they start spamming me with their newsletter too.

:rant: :banghead: :axeman:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #394 on: December 09, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »
buying a music cd from tescos then having to return it, only to find out that you can't exchange it or get a refund even with a receipt because, apparently they can't do that with cds/dvds/games anymore because of copyright law and piracy..... so 10 wasted  :tantrum: What a load of rubbish, when did they start doing that and where were the warning/public information signs  :swear: tesco.    it wasn't even opened, well i didn't open it they did to put the disk in it :shrug:

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 09, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »
Grek, i'm a Tesco manager and to the best of my knowledge that's nonsense! Sounds like customer service desk bull to me! Check this link http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html i'm no expert but depends on your reason for return i guess. If it wasn't open then i believe you are entitled to a full refund.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:03:28 PM by alrith72 »
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #396 on: December 09, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »
Grek, i'm a Tesco manager and to the best of my knowledge that's nonsense! Sounds like customer service desk bull to me! Check this link http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html i'm no expert but depends on your reason for return i guess. If it wasn't open then i believe you are entitled to a full refund.

that's what i thought, but couldn't be bothered to argue. The CD was bought as a gift for someone, but then we found out they have it already and thought we would take it back and see if we could swap it for something else or get a refund, like we have done before, then they said they can't and went on about anti piracy and copyright....... i think people have been copying cds then taking them back  :shrug: my mum now says she'll have the CD, but it's just annoying when i knew that was *rap, but i'm not the type to argue in a shop when there are beautiful ladies present  :lol:

Barry

« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
In strict law law you are only entitled to a refund if the article is defective. Just because you have changed your mind or now have two of them does not entitle you to a refund. However most decent shops will give a refund or at least a credit note as a gesture of good will and many customers now think wrongly that they are entitled to a refund just because they ask for one .However in this case as the article was obviously unopened and in it's original wrapper the comment about copyright is plainly rubbish. If the shop doesn't want to give a refund why not just say so- and then in future you can shop elsewhere.
B.

weirdwolf

« Reply #398 on: December 13, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
When you arrive home from work to find Plod outside your garage & the door hanging off it's hinges. Yes...the Christmas imps have struck...I've been robbed.. :explodinghead:

For some reason I just can't feel angry (yet). My beloved 750/4 chop has gone, my Triumphs & my Norton. The drag bike has been trashed & the XT has had it's tank punctured. This is a enough to depress the hell out of me...then there's my casting workshop...a years worth of work...a chance to start something new for myself so I don't have to work for  :swear: idiots anymore...completely destroyed...moulds trodden into the ground...resins tipped all over...my degassing chamber smashed  :shrug:...the list goes on.

I think I'm trying to get my head around, WHY, trash the things you ain't stealling...I have never figured that one out... :scratchhead: :thinks:.

Tomorrow is another day, I shall start to rebuild my dream..chin up & all that whot whot!!

Tonight I shall pray...something like this..

DEAR LORD, LET ME FIND THEM BEFORE THE POLICE DO... :aku1:

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2008, 08:51:51 PM »
sorry to hear that mate, people can be real ar%eholes!