Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 630771 times)

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »
Got an SMS five minutes ago that it has been burned down by nazis.
Eh!?  :tantrum:
Is there this kind of problem in Sweden?
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »
Sad but true. They've got pockets of wehrmacht from WW2 hidden out in remote areas who haven't heard that the war is over.
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Bodhi

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2008, 03:04:24 PM »
Got an SMS five minutes ago that it has been burned down by nazis.
Eh!?  :tantrum:
Is there this kind of problem in Sweden?

Sadly yes. I spoke with a german friend who said that Sweden has the same AMOUNT of active neonazis as germany (very hard figures to prove though admittedly). Since the population is ...(what...? 1/10 of the german population or something) it makes the percentage a lot higher than in germany. Support during the war (for the germans) was also quite high in a lot of areas in Sweden and it's only the last ten years or so really that a serious discussion on swedens part has taken place, complicating the "Totally neutral" image that was before the official stance.
They've been awfully quiet the past few years though and then something like this happens...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:06:56 PM by Bodhi »

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »
Small beans compared to the other matters here but...

That's a bit like saying "kick someone else of". I find that a curious thing to say...  :scratchhead:

Not so much 'kick someone else off' as 'don't kick off the people who are in the middle of browsing a topic in favour of people who've just turned up (I assume)'. ;)

Nazis?  Demented.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 30, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »
I tell you what really p**ses me off - a 9.5 hour power cut on friday just after I had been to Morrisons and bought frozen food ! :tantrum:
EDF emergency helpline : "We are aware of a powercut in your area due to an underground cable fault"
Do underground cables just develop faults or did someone stick a shovel through it ? If so can I have their name and address..... :kick:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

mnordgren

« Reply #355 on: November 30, 2008, 08:40:57 PM »
I keep hearing about people who are seriously ill (physically or mentally) and are just ignored by the health care services :x. Health care in this country is in need of reform, the problem is that it's poorly organized (though for the most part adequately funded).

killerkitty

« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »
People who sit next to you on the bus & have a full blown conversation, with all the language & gory details to boot  :tantrum:.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
A lot of my friends built there own activity house for concerts, meetings and courses of various kinds in a suburb of Stockholm. Took three years and we played on a lot of the concerts made for raising the money. Got an SMS five minutes ago that it has been burned down by nazis. Now this really really pisses me of. But even more it makes me really really sad  :(
Geez mate. I'm really sorry to hear that. That is sad. :(

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
Something that really manages to -politely put- make me very angry is my bank's attitude towards what they can do with my money.
My 'income'* is 215 Euros a month, paid by my grandma's health fund to me because I'm taking care of here. It's paid out like a pension - on the last day of the month it's credited to my bank account. If the last day of the month happens to be on a weekend, the money' ll be there by Friday. Usually. Just not this time, when I really need it to pay bills and buy food.
I called the health fund and got told that I already should have the money, but sadly atm banks work longer with people's money. Meaning the money simply isn't credited to an account as fast as usually and people end up having to wait a lot longer for their money.

Luckily I got an appointment with someone from the bank because I probably have to use the money I saved for my pension fund-thingy on buying a new computer since this one's falling apart. So I'll tell them what I think of their modus operandi... Hopefully I'll manage to refrain from going berserk again. (Do not fear - last time nobody was hurt. I just yelled at the people working at the bank loud enough for people on the street to turn their heads into the direction of the bank building.)

*it doesn't really count as income from a legal point of view since it's not something like wages beeing paid, it's money meant to be used on help/ aids like diapers and similar but since my grandma's not incontinent or doesn't need other expensive help and doesn't go into day care or anything like that, for the time being I can keep the money
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2008, 09:57:25 AM »
People who sit next to you on the bus & have a full blown conversation, with all the language & gory details to boot  :tantrum:.
Yeah, but its really bad when they sit beside you and have a full blown conversation with someone that is not real. That and them smelling of their own wee (yes I used the word wee).

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2008, 10:59:34 AM »
Bloody Hell!...sounds like the Kiwi's & Aussie's have got the "CHAV" plague... :christalmighty:. Is no where safe...sad..sad times... :(

the zombie plague is coming, it is nearly the end of the world.............

actually society breaking down completely would be the end of the world as we know it.......so maybe we do need to be preparing for 20.12 2012

People who sit next to you on the bus & have a full blown conversation, with all the language & gory details to boot  :tantrum:.

no, people who sit next to you and fart...slow deadly ones and there are no other seats for you to sit on or move to and if you move the other passengers think it must have been you and then they glare at you.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:38 AM »
There are 3 known techniques for avoiding the nutter on the bus.

1. as they wall towards you down the aisle. Smile as broadly and insanely as you can, look them in the eye and tap the seat next to you in an inviting kind of way. This works everytime.

2. Make a very deliberate show of removing your rucksak from your back, cradling it on the seat next to you and look suspiciously at everyone who gets on the bus as though they are going to take it off you. This is particularly effective if you are able to produce a cold sweat and shiver a lot... also if the occasional spare wire can be seen poking out of the rucksak, or a feint ticking noise can be heard.

3. Be the nutter on the bus.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:27:15 PM by Brandlin »
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2008, 12:09:15 PM »
no, people who sit next to you and fart...slow deadly ones and there are no other seats for you to sit on or move to and if you move the other passengers think it must have been you and then they glare at you.
:sick: :sick:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »
@Bohdi:  Sorry to hear about the fire :(.  Is the place a total write off or is it repairable?  I will never understand vandalism (whatever it's source).  I'd like to get hold of these brainless people and destroy a few of their treasured items.

A good way of avoiding the nutter on the bus is to take me along with you.  No matter where I go...I always manage to attract the nutter's attention :(.  Maybe it's a case of them recognising one of their own :mrgreen:.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline hawkins

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • Evil? You have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 01, 2008, 06:01:02 PM »

1. as they wall towards you down the aisle. Smile as broadly and insanely as you can, look them in the eye and tap the seat next to you in an inviting kind of way. This works everytime.

2. Make a very deliberate show of removing your rucksak from your back, cradling it on the seat next to you and look suspiciously at everyone who gets on the bus as though they are going to take it off you. This is particularly effective if you are able to produce a cold sweat and shiver a lot... also if the occasional spare wire can be seen poking out of the rucksak, or a feint ticking noise can be heard.

Ive seen a interview somewhere in the past with the most annoying man in the world, apperently if you sit down next to someone on a plane or bus and have a noticable amount of dental floss hanging out of the side of your mouth people will avoid you.
You PLAY with GARY every time you pick up the dice

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 01, 2008, 07:29:08 PM »

Ive seen a interview somewhere in the past with the most annoying man in the world, apperently if you sit down next to someone on a plane or bus and have a noticable amount of dental floss hanging out of the side of your mouth people will avoid you.

Agreed, but make it brown dental floss

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 01, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
Agreed, but make it brown dental floss

ewwwwwwww
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Bodhi

« Reply #367 on: December 01, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
@Bohdi:  Sorry to hear about the fire :(.  Is the place a total write off or is it repairable?  I will never understand vandalism (whatever it's source).  I'd like to get hold of these brainless people and destroy a few of their treasured items.

A good way of avoiding the nutter on the bus is to take me along with you.  No matter where I go...I always manage to attract the nutter's attention :(.  Maybe it's a case of them recognising one of their own :mrgreen:.

Total write of. Only ashes remain.

And I ALLWAYS end up having conversations with the nutters to. I think it's simply because I'm polite enough to answer them. Can't understand people who can avoid it. I just don't have it in me.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear it :(.  I hope they manage to find somewhere else to chill and share time.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2008, 12:19:20 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear it :(.  I hope they manage to find somewhere else to chill and share time.

Maybe we could help them a bit? If a couple of people here would each paint something, sell the minis on ebay and then paypal the money to Bodhi that might at least help a little to raise some money.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2008, 06:10:44 PM »
Not knowing what to say...and not being brave enough to say it....  :blub:
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Bodhi

« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »

Maybe we could help them a bit? If a couple of people here would each paint something, sell the minis on ebay and then paypal the money to Bodhi that might at least help a little to raise some money.

What an extremely friendly offer! I'm really really touched! But it would be a bit to unwieldy I fear. Better make new supportconcerts. That way it's a direct line from cash to payment without any fuzz. Simpler that way. But I'm very moved by the suggestion.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2008, 11:37:54 PM »
I sat in a bus seat once.  It was wet.  It didn't smell but that didn't ease my mind much.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 03, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
I sat in a bus seat once. 
Once? Never used again?

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #374 on: December 03, 2008, 06:32:13 PM »
Not that particular seat, no. :P
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens: