Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 620032 times)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »
:yup:

One more thing - did you find out if the girl was okay after everything?
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

weirdwolf

« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
Yeh! she was fine after a couple of days...I visited her in hospital..the only thing she was really worried about was, everybody saw her knickers....bless

Bodhi

« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »
As the saying goes, you never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

Everytime I think I've seen it all on the roads, some muppet (usually in a Merc or BMW) goes out of their way to prove me wrong.

:lol:  I've had my license just over a year, but I feel like I've accumulated enough grudges to turn a dwarf green.  Including stuff about Merc and BMW drivers.

Sorry Medved.
I've been driving coaches for the past two years, and that's when I REALLY learned how many w*****s there are on the road. Like the woman who overtook me and the two cars behind me at high speed while I was waiting (with indicators on) to pass parked cars, and nearly took out a learner motorcyclist and their instructor coming the other way! :tantrum:

I can sympathize with you there...I did some coach & bus driving a while back. It amazed me, as soon as you touched the brakes...the cars would come piling around the side of you, indicators showing or not... :nuts:.

I remember one time...a young girl had been knocked of her push bike & was sprawled in the middle of the road...the foot bobby asked if I could bloke the road to stop traffic...until the traffic police got there.
No worries, I was off service (it wouldn't of mattered if I was on service). I pulls the bus across the road, blocking it or so we thought. I got out to help (i laid on the floor with the girl, keeping her talking)..& what should happen...a scrapping noise as a female driver squeezes between the front of the bus & the building  :jawdrop:...amazing...then another female driver mounts the pavement at the rear of the bus...double amazing...but not to be out done by the ladies..five male drivers follow suit... :tsk: :eatlead: :christalmighty:.
Now, I've seen coppers get frustrated, this one blew his lid...made them all drive up the side street (dead end) until he had time to book them....thanks to the CCTV on my vehicle...all were brought up on charges...three lost their licences.. :applause:.

I now drive HGV's...swearing...it's enough to make a Bishop kick a hole in a stain glass window.. :lol:

A friend of mine saw worse while in Zimbabve. A guy on a motorcycle got hit by a car which left. A policeman and a couple of bystanders came to help the guy who had been hit. Three minutes later ALL OF THEM got hit by a huge lorry at full speed...
According to my friend Zimbabve has among the higest traffic mortality rates in the world. Not surprising if people drive like that.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
It's snowy and icy and the chavy boy racers have decided to use the forecourt as a skid pad - when are they going to learn that petrol pumps and cars don't mix at speed in slippery conditions ?  :tantrum:
Still on the bright side another two registration numbers on our banned  vehicle list ! muahahahaha
Oh and apparently one of them I had a go at put his car in a ditch about a mile down the road  :whistle: No-one hurt but according to a copper I was talking to, the car was a right off ! Not so cocky now are you mate?  :lalala:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:55:58 PM by DRAGON »
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #329 on: November 24, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »
....I have traveled all over the globe & our police force (service) is the very best I have seen. They deserve far more support from the public than they get...& far far more support from the CPS...my hat off to you all  :respect:.

S'Right.

Seconded
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

killerkitty

« Reply #330 on: November 28, 2008, 06:37:55 PM »
Oh! Bless you all.

I'm a special police officer, it is really nice to hear such comments made about us. I shall mention it next time I'm at the nick  :bighug:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »
Oh! Bless you all.

I'm a special police officer, it is really nice to hear such comments made about us. I shall mention it next time I'm at the nick  :bighug:

:horror: any chance of some photos of you in uniform  :angel:........erm...... i'm sculpting something and need the reference  :whistle:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:32 AM »
I'm Special too.

With a capital SPESH.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

killerkitty

« Reply #333 on: November 29, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »
I'm Special too.

With a capital SPESH.

We know, would you like me to wipe the drool off your chin :lol:

killerkitty

« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »
Oh! Bless you all.

:horror: any chance of some photos of you in uniform  :angel:........erm...... i'm sculpting something and need the reference  :whistle:

Sorry Grek, missed this one,

Is it really for reference :thinks: or is it for Banana business :woohoo!:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »
Oh! Bless you all.

Sorry Grek, missed this one,

Is it really for reference :thinks: or is it for Banana business :woohoo!:

um  :paranoid2: reference  :angel:

:lol:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »
I got a forwarded e-mail last night that contained a poem about a little girl whose dad was a soldier who died a few weeks ago.  She stood up in front of her school and said that her dad was now a star in the sky and that she was proud.

The e-mail was for my wife and fortunately I read it first and deleted it.  As many of you know, I am a serviceman and I may sometimes get sent to some 'interesting' places.  Can you imagine how my wife would feel if I happened to be somewhere 'interesting' when she got an e-mail like that?  I'll tell you...she'd be worried sick, dwell on my whereabouts and would be thinking constantly that I be the next 'star in the sky'.

...And what if one of my children read it?

To say I am livid at the moment is an understatement and if this was Frothers you would have to read the  post twice in order to work out what it said through all the profanity.

PLEASE...if you are someone who forwards e-mails/chain e-mails...read what they say and think about the circumstances of those you are sending them to.  They may seem innocent but sometimes they are completely the opposite if sent to the wrong person.

I politely asked the sender not to send stuff like this again...and that was a darn sight more polite than I felt like...:(.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »
Oh! Bless you all.

:metoo:

Edit: It might help if you sent me pics of an action shot where you're beating up a guy in a banana costume with your baton, too. Or squirting him with pepper spray :whistle:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:41:29 PM by Hasslefriesian »
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2008, 12:40:41 PM »
Oh! Bless you all.

see he agrees, i need the photos  :lol:

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2008, 08:43:16 PM »
Couldnt agree with you more inso.  I'm not in the services but have worked closely with many who are, and i find most of the chain e-mail about supporting troops to be shallow purile clap-trap written by people who have very little idea of whats going on and are completely blinkered to many of the realities of the world we live in.

weirdwolf

« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2008, 08:55:20 PM »
I got a forwarded e-mail last night that contained a poem about a little girl whose dad was a soldier who died a few weeks ago.  She stood up in front of her school and said that her dad was now a star in the sky and that she was proud.

The e-mail was for my wife and fortunately I read it first and deleted it.  As many of you know, I am a serviceman and I may sometimes get sent to some 'interesting' places.  Can you imagine how my wife would feel if I happened to be somewhere 'interesting' when she got an e-mail like that?  I'll tell you...she'd be worried sick, dwell on my whereabouts and would be thinking constantly that I be the next 'star in the sky'.

...And what if one of my children read it?

To say I am livid at the moment is an understatement and if this was Frothers you would have to read the  post twice in order to work out what it said through all the profanity.

PLEASE...if you are someone who forwards e-mails/chain e-mails...read what they say and think about the circumstances of those you are sending them to.  They may seem innocent but sometimes they are completely the opposite if sent to the wrong person.

I politely asked the sender not to send stuff like this again...and that was a darn sight more polite than I felt like...:(.

I received a email from my own brother today of a Humvee nearly being blown sky high, by what looks like a land mine. Anybody else I would of excused, but he knows my military past. A phone call was made & a heated discusion ensued.
I fully understand where you are coming from about your family. The worry you both have about each other whilst your away is enough, without this sort rubbish landing on your doorstep... :grrr:.

Thankfully I was a single Casanova whilst serving HM.

weirdwolf

« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2008, 08:57:24 PM »
Oh! Bless you all.

Edit: It might help if you sent me pics of an action shot where you're beating up a guy in a banana costume with your baton, too. Or squirting him with pepper spray :whistle:

So if I get the photo, will you turn them into miniatures... :whistle:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Oh! Bless you all.

So if I get the photo, will you turn them into miniatures... :whistle:

yes  :lol:

EDIT:@ kev, i already have a kev in a banana costume so i just need the female police officer now, thanks for the idea  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:27:27 PM by grekwood »

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
"Server too busy" messages.  Annoying enough when you try to enter the site in question, but it increases exponentially the longer you've been browsing the site.  If there are too many people on it and someone has to be kicked off, why is it me?
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Bodhi

« Reply #344 on: November 29, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »
  If there are too many people on it and someone has to be kicked off, why is it me?

That's a bit like saying "kick someone else of". I find that a curious thing to say...  :scratchhead:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2008, 06:49:25 AM »
Well you know what really p***es me off :tantrum:. Bloody little b****rds thinking it would be funny to pull my letter box off its mounting. The thing was way too time consuming to fix considering I have a load of reports to write (60 in total  :blub: and yes I'm a teacher) and the posty couldn't find the box because I was trying to fix it. At the moment it has only liquid nails holding it on the post. Does anyone know if anyone has invented an electrified post box that I can turn on at nights? :blink:

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2008, 08:27:39 AM »
Someone throwing rocks(?) on my roof during the early hours, especially when I've got work the next day. :tantrum:

weirdwolf

« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »
Someone throwing rocks(?) on my roof during the early hours, especially when I've got work the next day. :tantrum:
Well you know what really p***es me off :tantrum:. Bloody little b****rds thinking it would be funny to pull my letter box off its mounting. The thing was way too time consuming to fix considering I have a load of reports to write (60 in total  :blub: and yes I'm a teacher) and the posty couldn't find the box because I was trying to fix it. At the moment it has only liquid nails holding it on the post. Does anyone know if anyone has invented an electrified post box that I can turn on at nights? :blink:

Bloody Hell!...sounds like the Kiwi's & Aussie's have got the "CHAV" plague... :christalmighty:. Is no where safe...sad..sad times... :(

Bodhi

« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
A lot of my friends built there own activity house for concerts, meetings and courses of various kinds in a suburb of Stockholm. Took three years and we played on a lot of the concerts made for raising the money. Got an SMS five minutes ago that it has been burned down by nazis. Now this really really pisses me of. But even more it makes me really really sad  :(

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »
Major Bummer! :grrr:
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!