Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 630264 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:14 PM »
When your employer finally fills the 4th vacant role in your team 4 weeks before announcing that there will be a reduction of 1 role.

When instead of deciding who it is that will be made redundant they put the imputus on us to find a way to save the role and leave it hanging over our heads in the run up to Xmas.

When the 'enhanced' redundancy package means that you will get 2 weeks pay out of it...

When your missus has to work double shifts at her job cos the lay-about good for nothing staff she employs decide they dont want to work tonight cos "Gears of War 2 is out"/"Im in slough and I dont know how to get back"/just say they aint working and dont bother to find cover.

When the flat you live in is the coldest place on the planet and you have to wear hoodies to bed and hold on tight [I quite like this actually but it sucks when you have to get out of bed!].

Rude people.

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »
things in my marriage not going well.

when you feel so angry with somebody you love and have to be around them everyday for daily life to continue.

medication that helps you survive the daily grind and have a really beneficial effect, but then starts to do weird things to you that get you into trouble

:explodinghead:
feck me. hope tings get better stu

Offline Medved

• painter of little things
  • Dark Apprentice
  • look into my eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »
so do I  :hmmm
I don't have a catchphrase yet.............

killerkitty

« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2008, 07:50:07 AM »
Medved, I do not know your circumstances but I really hope things work out for you both  :thumbup:

Bodhi

« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2008, 11:28:06 AM »
Drivers who constantly shuttle back and forth between 30-40 and 60+mph on a 60mph road, causing you to shuttle back and forth as you accelerate to a reasonable speed and stamp on the brake five seconds later, despite the fact that the nearest traffic in front that would cause them to change speed is at least one or two hundred yards ahead.  But they don't shuttle at random, no; they go slow when you can't pass, and speed up when the opposite lane is clear...

I seem to be caught behind them all the time, these days.

And tractors.  20mph tractors.  I hate the country.

Cars. Generally speaking. piss me of.

Offline Chris_M

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »

As the saying goes, you never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

Everytime I think I've seen it all on the roads, some muppet (usually in a Merc or BMW) goes out of their way to prove me wrong.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #306 on: November 14, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »

Everytime I think I've seen it all on the roads, some muppet (usually in a Merc or BMW) goes out of their way to prove me wrong.

:lol:  I've had my license just over a year, but I feel like I've accumulated enough grudges to turn a dwarf green.  Including stuff about Merc and BMW drivers.

Sorry Medved.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline hawkins

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • Evil? You have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
Drivers who constantly shuttle back and forth between 30-40 and 60+mph on a 60mph road, causing you to shuttle back and forth as you accelerate to a reasonable speed and stamp on the brake five seconds later, despite the fact that the nearest traffic in front that would cause them to change speed is at least one or two hundred yards ahead.  But they don't shuttle at random, no; they go slow when you can't pass, and speed up when the opposite lane is clear...

yup, that why i dont own one, or a drivers licence for one either. gimme 2 wheels with an engine and im in heaven.
You PLAY with GARY every time you pick up the dice

Bodhi

« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »

yup, that why i dont own one, or a drivers licence for one either. gimme 2 wheels with an engine and im in heaven.

Give me two WITHOUT and I'm happy  :wink:  Nothing beats a bike.

matty1001

« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »
Too right Bodhi.
I almost bought a bike last month and was going to cycle 1600miles from Southern Spain back to Newcastle England. Then common sense kicked in.

Peace and love...

Dolmot

« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
gimme 2 wheels with an engine and im in heaven.

Well, Segways are kinda fun but I probably wouldn't call them heavenly myself...

Offline hawkins

• Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »
gimme 2 wheels with an engine and im in heaven.

Well, Segways are kinda fun but I probably wouldn't call them heavenly myself...

like im a 3 year old or a Canadian.... whats a segways?

a lil FYI: my first bike was identical to this (except pure black)
http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/suzuki-history/1983/1983_GS650G_450.jpg

its been love eversense......  :bighug:

oh and this is what im riding right now....
http://www.bikez.com/pictures/yamaha/1992/9274_0_1_2_xtz%20660%20tenere_Submitted%20by%20anonymous%20user..jpg

owned on of these as well.... http://www.ruediger-kelkel.de/XTZ-91.html
and this before i blew out the engine....  :whistle:
http://www.classicbikes.com/1985cb450custom.jpg

but to make it a rant.... winters coming!!!  :blub:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:12:58 PM by hawkins »

weirdwolf

« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »
Merc drivers..... :tantrum: :eatlead: :eatlead: :blastem: :bash:.........BMW drivers, Bloody Mindless Wan*'a's  :explodinghead:. & why the *uck do old people buy huge cars i.e Jag220, then drive it at 20mph, WHY! :nuts: :nonono:

Nice rides Hawkins

Here's a few of mine that I have at the moment

One for winter:

My everyday ride:

The one that annoys all the neighbourhood  :lol:... :whistle:

The first chop I built & I'll never sell her, never :wub:

There's also my two classic Brits, a Triumph T140 & a Norton Domie, plus X1 Drag bike :thumbup:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »
We are blind to the world within us

Offline hawkins

• Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »
@ weirdwolf: thanks, yours too, especially the Norton, id give up my left nut to have one...
though i have to say the only one im proud of is the 83 GSG, and i still have it!!!!  :boing: :boing: because im i bit on the tall side though i dont go in for street machines, more the standard style or the enduros as i find em more comfy and easier to handle at extreamly slow speeds.

eventually though im going to get a 2002 TDM900 Red Yellow Cocktail 1:     gatta be that year, that colour, and well, you know...... bikes...........

http://www.tdmitalia.net/lemoto/colorazioni/900yellow2002.jpg

and i will name it bumble bee  :silly

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
Merc drivers.....     .........BMW drivers, Bloody Mindless Wan*'a's  . & why the *uck do old people buy huge cars i.e Jag220, then drive it at 20mph, WHY! 

[...]

The one that annoys all the neighbourhood  :lol:... :whistle:

Why do people buy a bike loud enough to annoy the neighbours and then brag about it...?

Guess there are 2 sides to every point of view...
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

weirdwolf

« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2008, 09:35:07 PM »
Why do people buy a bike loud enough to annoy the neighbours and then brag about it...?Guess there are 2 sides to every point of view...

Oh dear, I can't see the brag myself, just making a comment in biker lingo to a fellow rider. As for the neighbourhood I have the greatest respect for most of them (noise level kept to a minimum). Your right, there are two ends to a stick, it's just a point of grabbing the right end, ain't it.... :hmmm.

@ Hawkins, nice choice  :thumbup:, the third bike down is a TDM 850 (Harris frame).

hatherley

« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »

:lol:  I've had my license just over a year, but I feel like I've accumulated enough grudges to turn a dwarf green.  Including stuff about Merc and BMW drivers.

Sorry Medved.
I've been driving coaches for the past two years, and that's when I REALLY learned how many w*****s there are on the road. Like the woman who overtook me and the two cars behind me at high speed while I was waiting (with indicators on) to pass parked cars, and nearly took out a learner motorcyclist and their instructor coming the other way! :tantrum:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2008, 10:24:14 PM »
You, your wife and your daughter are sleeping. 1 P.M. after lunch.
In the hospital the silence is a graveyard.
And... 2 fuc***g doctors arrive, talking with loud voices of the football match of the day.  :tantrum:
May the Gods blow them away and/or incinerate them.  :explodinghead:
We are blind to the world within us

weirdwolf

« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2008, 05:44:19 AM »

Sorry Medved.
I've been driving coaches for the past two years, and that's when I REALLY learned how many w*****s there are on the road. Like the woman who overtook me and the two cars behind me at high speed while I was waiting (with indicators on) to pass parked cars, and nearly took out a learner motorcyclist and their instructor coming the other way! :tantrum:

I can sympathize with you there...I did some coach & bus driving a while back. It amazed me, as soon as you touched the brakes...the cars would come piling around the side of you, indicators showing or not... :nuts:.

I remember one time...a young girl had been knocked of her push bike & was sprawled in the middle of the road...the foot bobby asked if I could bloke the road to stop traffic...until the traffic police got there.
No worries, I was off service (it wouldn't of mattered if I was on service). I pulls the bus across the road, blocking it or so we thought. I got out to help (i laid on the floor with the girl, keeping her talking)..& what should happen...a scrapping noise as a female driver squeezes between the front of the bus & the building  :jawdrop:...amazing...then another female driver mounts the pavement at the rear of the bus...double amazing...but not to be out done by the ladies..five male drivers follow suit... :tsk: :eatlead: :christalmighty:.
Now, I've seen coppers get frustrated, this one blew his lid...made them all drive up the side street (dead end) until he had time to book them....thanks to the CCTV on my vehicle...all were brought up on charges...three lost their licences.. :applause:.

I now drive HGV's...swearing...it's enough to make a Bishop kick a hole in a stain glass window.. :lol:

weirdwolf

« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2008, 05:48:12 AM »
You, your wife and your daughter are sleeping. 1 P.M. after lunch.
In the hospital the silence is a graveyard.
And... 2 fuc***g doctors arrive, talking with loud voices of the football match of the day.  :tantrum:
May the Gods blow them away and/or incinerate them.  :explodinghead:

Next time you seen them mate, give them this from me  :kick: :axeman: :bash: :putemup: :explodinghead: :duel: :spank: :punch:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2008, 01:28:34 PM »
what should happen...a scrapping noise as a female driver squeezes between the front of the bus & the building  :jawdrop:...amazing...then another female driver mounts the pavement at the rear of the bus...double amazing...but not to be out done by the ladies..five male drivers follow suit...

:shock:

thanks to the CCTV on my vehicle...all were brought up on charges...three lost their licences..

Nice one Wolfy.  On everything. :respect:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
:metoo:

Being a cop, I really appreciate your helping with this british workmate. Many people seem to believe we can 'magically' take care of everything, but most times we are sort on needed resources, so having someone helping us is very important. Also, I'm glad those drivers were punished, because that kind of disrespect really p*** me off.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

weirdwolf

« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
Nice one Wolfy.  On everything. :respect:

:lol: cheers Vermis...one thing I really can't stand is stupid drivers....I'm sure that those of us out there who drive for a living could fill a book (or volumes) of idiotic antics of those who have supposedly passed their test...mind you..I can think of a few driving instructor stories as well.. :crazy:.

To me one of the biggest responsibility's we are handed is a driving license...why some people are given them in the first place is beyond me...that goes for all walks of road users.. :whistle:

:metoo:

Being a cop, I really appreciate your helping with this british workmate. Many people seem to believe we can 'magically' take care of everything, but most times we are sort on needed resources, so having someone helping us is very important. Also, I'm glad those drivers were punished, because that kind of disrespect really p*** me off.

One thing I can't do is stand back & watch somebody suffer, if I can, I will help every time... :thumbup:.
I've lost count how many times I have helped our bobbies out...the last time was a couple of weeks ago, when I helped a WPC with a group of drunks.. :grrr:

I have traveled all over the globe & our police force (service) is the very best I have seen. They deserve far more support from the public than they get...& far far more support from the CPS...my hat off to you all  :respect:.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2008, 07:49:33 PM »
....I have traveled all over the globe & our police force (service) is the very best I have seen. They deserve far more support from the public than they get...& far far more support from the CPS...my hat off to you all  :respect:.

S'Right.
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!