Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 636006 times)

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »
I plan the various detachments and exercises now...I don't have any contact with the aircraft any more :(.

I dun gone and got meeself a darned desk job :(.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Medved

• painter of little things
  • Dark Apprentice
  • look into my eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
i am currentley p****sed off by the lack of sleep i am getting, coupled with the time i have to get up in themorning to make it in to work on time

(i get up a 6:30am  and my son makes sure my sleep is very well disturbed)

i am zombified at work, and worn out at home, and yelled at by the missus for being home sooo late.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I don't have a catchphrase yet.............

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2008, 02:37:04 PM »
I'm pissed off at beng unemployed, and officially its only been 1 day!

:-(

"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Lost Boy

« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »
This was mainly spurred on by an attack on me and my friend over Xbox LIVE by a bunch of Scottish guys basically getting angry because we're English.  :grrr:
Not all Scots are like that. I'm English (born there) but live in Scotland. Everyone in my family's Scottish, my wife's family as well, so I'm sort of an oddity during family gatherings (think Eastenders meets River City!!!). Quite a few Scots have a chip on their shoulders towards the English, some of them have a whole Chip Shop, but not all of them. Most are nice.

My wife has just told me I have to write this or she won't make me anything for tea

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2008, 07:53:15 PM »
I live on the welsh-english border just outside chester. One of my favourite retorts to some of my welsh mates when they start gettign all celtic on me and start english bashing is to point out that they must be second class celts. scots are clearly first class celts as we had to build a damned wall to keep them out, and just to keep them quiet we let them keep there own money ... whereas in wales we just let them keep their sheep...

"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline freakinacage

• heretic and heathen
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »
I live on the welsh-english border just outside chester. One of my favourite retorts to some of my welsh mates when they start gettign all celtic on me and start english bashing is to point out that they must be second class celts. scots are clearly first class celts as we had to build a damned wall to keep them out, and just to keep them quiet we let them keep there own money ... whereas in wales we just let them keep their sheep...

oooh as an englishman living in cardiff and working in the valleys i shall keep that one.

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

oooh as an englishman living in cardiff and working in the valleys i shall keep that one.

uh...um Scots are picts  :whistle:

i class my self as a welsh guy who grew up in England  :lol: born in knighton on the welsh/shropshire border.... moved to weston-super-mare when i was 2, lived there until i was 20 then i moved to cardiff. so my accents more english bristolian than welsh and people think i'm english but my birth certificate says welsh. you wouldn't beieve how much stick i got in school for being welsh, now in wales and everyhere else in the world most people think i'm english however the english still say i'm welsh  :shrug:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »
uh...um Scots are picts  :whistle:

Some of them...  at least we can agree they fall in the catagory of "Johnny Foreigner!"

I would like to disassociate myself from the marginally racist claims of this post... hopefully we haven't become too PC that we can't bait our brothers in this great United Kingdom without fear of our mars bars being battered and our sheep having sleepless nights!

Orc boy

« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2008, 08:42:55 PM »
Black Tree Design still haven't delivered my Dalek Emperor...

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2008, 10:41:06 AM »

Nor my Chaplain of the 24th of Foot.

Do you think the Chaplain and the Emperor might be having some kind of altercation?  Or just that BTD have gone cr*p over the summer? :grrr:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #285 on: October 22, 2008, 12:22:25 PM »
i've been hearing a lot of people say that they are getting problems with black tree recently..... personally i always found their service good  :shrug:

recently i had a problem with an artizan order which was lost in the post twice (not artizans fault) so perhaps it's the royal mail that's the problem....
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 22, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

Do you think the Chaplain and the Emperor might be having some kind of altercation?  Or just that BTD have gone cr*p over the summer? :grrr:

I am short of two daleks.but people have always said that about me. They must be having a casting problem. They have just redesigned there website so there could be changes on the way.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

killerkitty

« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
Working far to much, against my own will & not spending time with the people I want to spend time with.

Waiting for pay day, so I can buy a Kitty miniature & a few others :thumbup:

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
Statal offices. I have to manage them every damned day on this Earth. Once their printer is broken, once they close offices at 4 P.M. (what the hell?!), once people are sick, once they don't know what say to me (try the next office, and then the next one again, and so on)... :tantrum:
May I insult them in italian tongue here?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 12:20:36 PM by weareblind »
We are blind to the world within us

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #289 on: November 04, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »
Have a look at this new that has appeared in the Giant in the Playground website. :grrr:
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Dolmot

« Reply #290 on: November 04, 2008, 10:47:20 PM »
Have a look at this new that has appeared in the Giant in the Playground website.

While it makes a dramatic story, it's not necessarily based on facts. Please do check other sources too.

Offline eastman

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 05, 2008, 01:15:09 AM »
Have a look at this new that has appeared in the Giant in the Playground website.

While it makes a dramatic story, it's not necessarily based on facts. Please do check other sources too.

I was there and I know the person who handles the Ace of Aces charity speed paint quite well. This was real. The original charity refused to take gamer money and an alternate charity was selected.
I used to think it was a terrible thing that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'what if life *were* fair, and all of the terrible things that happen to us came because we really deserved them?' Now I take great comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe - Marcus Cole (Babylon 5)

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 05, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »

I was there and I know the person who handles the Ace of Aces charity speed paint quite well. This was real. The original charity refused to take gamer money and an alternate charity was selected.

Noooo....

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #293 on: November 05, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »
I've heard this on RPGnet, along with links to news. It's true, all right.  :grrr:

Offline eastman

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2008, 12:21:37 AM »
Word on the street is that most people have only heard part of the story. Yes, the charity declined to take the GenCon donation, but from what has been seen recently, they did that before GenCon because they have a policy against their name used in promotion of others events.

If GenCon had walked up to them after the event and said "here, have $17000", that would have been OK. GenCon promoting them as the "Official Charity of GenCon" was the problem.

This has been quoted on other forums from a response by the original charity

There appears to be a misunderstanding which I would like to correct. When Gen Con contacted CCF about its auction, we were pleased to accept donations. However, we couldn't lend our name for publication because our policies have specific criteria for endorsements. We were unaware that this had caused any problem or concern for Gen Con until we began receiving emails. This decision was in no way intended to be a reflection on Mr. Gygax, gaming enthusiasts or the game Dungeon and Dragons. We have the utmost respect for the gaming community and were touched by the generosity expressed through your auction. We were disappointed that we were not the recipients of the donation but we were pleased that another worthy organization benefited.
I used to think it was a terrible thing that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'what if life *were* fair, and all of the terrible things that happen to us came because we really deserved them?' Now I take great comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe - Marcus Cole (Babylon 5)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #295 on: November 10, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »
Drivers who constantly shuttle back and forth between 30-40 and 60+mph on a 60mph road, causing you to shuttle back and forth as you accelerate to a reasonable speed and stamp on the brake five seconds later, despite the fact that the nearest traffic in front that would cause them to change speed is at least one or two hundred yards ahead.  But they don't shuttle at random, no; they go slow when you can't pass, and speed up when the opposite lane is clear...

I seem to be caught behind them all the time, these days.

And tractors.  20mph tractors.  I hate the country.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 10, 2008, 09:13:25 PM »
A wife who can't distinguish between an Elf and a Dwarf and causes order querying with the powers that be.

:nonono:

Oh the shame.

Sorry Sally  :oops:

Offline weareblind

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
A wife who can't distinguish between an Elf and a Dwarf
:applause:

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

I am short of two daleks.but people have always said that about me. They must be having a casting problem. They have just redesigned there website so there could be changes on the way.

They just fell through the letterbox  :D
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline Medved

• painter of little things
  • Dark Apprentice
  • look into my eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »
things in my marriage not going well.

when you feel so angry with somebody you love and have to be around them everyday for daily life to continue.

medication that helps you survive the daily grind and have a really beneficial effect, but then starts to do weird things to you that get you into trouble

:explodinghead:
I don't have a catchphrase yet.............