Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 635765 times)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »
What pisses me off? Little kids in the mosh pit who need a good kicking  :twisted:
You read my mind....... :wink:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

kingluke

« Reply #251 on: May 29, 2008, 01:55:30 AM »
Everything hybrid has said rings true but the thing that seems the most right is this, and I quote : Oh and the Neo-punks that spend $80 on bondage pants. if it ain't DIY you're a poser punk! So true! There's this one guy in my high-school thinks that he's a total skater-punk, BUT!, he cant even skate-board he just pretends he can and he wears pants like that all the time.  he pisses me off.
Also i have never heard of mosh pits being banned here in the U.S. is that something that is just happening across the pond?
thanks for listening,
-King Luke.

Offline Chris_M

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
I hate getting something great at one moment and then having something really awful turn up to take away the joy.

On the one hand I'm promoted...and then I'm told that if I wish to accept it, I have to be in NI by mid august...and I'm told while I'm in the gulf so that I can't sit and chat to my wife about it...

...bleeping armed forces :(.
Middle East or Northern Ireland - I know which one I'd go for, and it wouldn't be the place that can't import Guinness straight across the border. :beer:

Back with my pet hates, I got cold called yesterday by someone trying to sell something (kitchens or windows or something that I would never want to buy off someone cold calling anyway) - at work!
I was far from impressed.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #253 on: May 29, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »
I hate getting something great at one moment and then having something really awful turn up to take away the joy.

On the one hand I'm promoted...and then I'm told that if I wish to accept it, I have to be in NI by mid august...and I'm told while I'm in the gulf so that I can't sit and chat to my wife about it...

Middle East or Northern Ireland - I know which one I'd go for, and it wouldn't be the place that can't import Guinness straight across the border. :beer:

All would be great if it was just me, but I have a wife and a couple of children who are coming up to important exams.  Being out here at the moment means that I can't talk face to face with them and I can't sort things out like where they will be living while I'm in the land of Guinness.  Couple that with the BLEEP that is going on out here and to say that I am P***ed off is a mild understatement. 

If I was at home, it wouldn't have been as much of an issue but when you have to uproot a family in order to get on in life, it is nice to be able to tell them face to face rather than in a 5 minute Sat-phone conversation.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Hybrid

« Reply #254 on: May 29, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »
That  :swear: 'n stinks Inso!!
Hope it gets sorted for you.
Amazing how they need you guys so much but put you through so much more.
I had a CO tell me when I was in, " If the army wanted you to have a family, we would have issued you one". Might be one of the reasons I left. That and lack of powered armor teams.
M-247f Standard Army Issue, Family with Child Attachments, one each.

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 29, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »

All would be great if it was just me, but I have a wife and a couple of children who are coming up to important exams.  Being out here at the moment means that I can't talk face to face with them and I can't sort things out like where they will be living while I'm in the land of Guinness.  Couple that with the BLEEP that is going on out here and to say that I am P***ed off is a mild understatement. 

If I was at home, it wouldn't have been as much of an issue but when you have to uproot a family in order to get on in life, it is nice to be able to tell them face to face rather than in a 5 minute Sat-phone conversation.

Hope you manage to get this sorted Inso.  I was about 10 when my Dad was posted to NI, at least its a lot safer now.  He didn't take the family with him, we stayed on the mainland and he came home 1 weekend out of 4.
Ancient Proverb #2: Life is a series of frack-ups, linked together by disasters and seperated only by things that go wrong.

Ancient Proverb #3: Life is a journey from beginning to end, so take the scenic route, enjoy the view and visit every pub along the way.

Ancient Proverb #4: When life gives you lemons, demand a refund and buy whiskey.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #256 on: May 29, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »
1 in 4 is about the plan for me...

...hopefully it will only be for less than a year but you never know.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
Unpleasent set up, but better than uprooting the family and taking them to another country (even if it is a nice one like Northern Ireland).
Ancient Proverb #2: Life is a series of frack-ups, linked together by disasters and seperated only by things that go wrong.

Ancient Proverb #3: Life is a journey from beginning to end, so take the scenic route, enjoy the view and visit every pub along the way.

Ancient Proverb #4: When life gives you lemons, demand a refund and buy whiskey.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2008, 01:27:10 AM »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:33:49 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »
I killed this topic so let's try to ressurect it...

What pisses me off: painstakingly laying down multiple thin layers and glazes on a mini to get smooth blends and a smooth finish in order to achieve my best painting effort and to create an effect I haven't tried before, which means I make some bad colour decisions that, although relatively easily knocked back, waste a lot of time.  Then some little bit of lint appears out of nowhere and fixes itself in a layer of acrylic in a noticeable place; and despite my best efforts to very delicately scrape it out with a knife, I end up gouging the paint film in a way that screws up the smooth finish and means I'm better off throwing the mini in stripper and counting all the painting time and effort as a waste.
I don't mind saying I almost wept.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline gi6ers

• Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2008, 02:03:35 PM »
I'd agree with that. I seem to chuck half painted minis back into the pile on a regular basis lately   :grrr:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 02:05:43 PM by gi6ers »

Bodhi

« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
Ooh ooh! I know something that pisses me off! Last Friday I was seeing the Misfits (My fave band.) in concert in Brooklyn (Anyone else who was there let me know please.). Anyway when the Misfits came on the mosh pit kicked into full gear and I elbowed a fellow concert goer in the face a few times (Because I was jumping around and screaming like a crazy person.) and he started yelling at me but we both quickly got back into the music and he completely forgot about it (I hope.). Anyway this pisses me off because the Idea of a mosh pit is to get ruffed up a bit and to get other people ruffed up. so I really cant see what he was complaining about. thankfully the rest of the concert went much better and good times were had by all! Thank you for listening to my ramblings (Wow I'm only 14 and I'm already starting to ramble.)

-King Luke.

I love dancing.
I Hate doing it with someone else (couple dancing)
I hate doing it in a group.
Dancing is NOT a social activity as far as I'm concerned. Neither is it a way to pick up ladies (or men, depending on preference)
It's a solo activity between the dancer and the music.

And moshing (as well as other forms of groupdancing) is for whimps who haven't got the guts to dance solo  :P :wink:

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »
I just dropped the pot of basecoat I was putting on my DoD. Bounced erratically off a table edge and soaked me and the floor and lots of other things, fortunately non-essential. I'm leaving it to dry (although my clothes are in the wash). But the major bummer is that I don't have any of the basecoat left and it's the only paint I was planning on using in the DoD that I can't replace with an hour's jaunt into Liverpool city centre. The only place I know for sure I can buy it is in Sheffield. Not sure I can justify a 150mile round trip just to pick up a new one or the time to mail order one :( Guess I'm going to have to alter my original paint scheme for the DoD.
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline gi6ers

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
what colour?

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »
I was using P3 Sanguine Base as a first layer of a sandstone wall scheme but I suspect once I've got over my disappointment I'll break out the standard greys. It would have been nice if they'd been a little different, most people use greys for stone, but it'll be easier to finish and to use the OSL I had planned I suppose too.
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2008, 07:17:48 PM »
can i say bananas in here  :lol:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline gi6ers

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
The second line of your signature says it all.

Plantain?

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »
The second line of your signature says it all.

Plantain?

why did you think i mentioned it in here   :wink:
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
Can I mention Dragons instead ? Just before Brandlin gets a Grav bike reference in....... :whistle: :lol:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »
i appear to be getting a reputation... 8:::
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Orc boy

« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2008, 11:02:12 PM »
Things that piss me off:

There's a lot.

Right now, it's people on the internet or Xbox live. Why is it that when people are given anonymity, half of the people act normally and the other half suddenly become complete idiots?

This was mainly spurred on by an attack on me and my friend over Xbox LIVE by a bunch of Scottish guys basically getting angry because we're English.  :grrr:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
I ordered something from an online shop.  They say they usually ship within five working days but today - the two-week deadline to complain about missing parcels - I logged on five minutes ago and the newest email is 'your item has been shipped today'. :roll:

At least it's on it's way.  I hope.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »
I really don't enjoy my current job :(.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »
Bummer :?
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2008, 08:06:08 PM »
:(

Anything you want to moan about?  I think this is the right place.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens: