Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 637464 times)

stormwolf

Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
Well I say ban `em apart from properly arranged events.

I only say this because people are so irresponsible now (not everyone, just in general) :wink: that allowing them access to explosive, even a low-explosive shouldn't be allowed.

More to the point, with all the worries about terrorism in the modern world, why are we still allowing the almost totally unregulated sale of explosive in the UK :shrug:?

After all if it was good enough for Guido Fawkes, it could be good enough for them :swear:.

Glen

Captain Sprout

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:49 PM »
Two years ago some kids cornered the cat of a friend of mine and set off bangers around it; it died of shock. I assume cat haters would find that funny. I didn't.

I can think of some uses I'd put fireworks to.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 07:27:10 PM »
You lot think you've got it bad....... Working in a 24HR petrol station as i have done for the last 13 years on nights, i personally hate this time of year ! Little chaved up moron boy racers need to remember that while they may find it amusing (?!) to throw fireworks around on the Mcdonalds car park opposite, PETROL AND EXPLOSIVES DON'T MIX !!! :tantrum:
What's more, if ever i catch the F****R who thought it was amusing to throw a bird scarer from Mcdonalds onto the grass outside the office window ( and believe you me THEY ARE LOUD !  :christalmighty: ..... think shotgun at two paces !) I won't be held responsible for my actions......... :soapbox:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

stormwolf

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »
Rant mode on
 :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

If do nothing else with my life,  I will be happy that my kids will not turn out, to be little Chav "winkers" :wink:.

Some though, seem happy to let theirs run about freely, causing trouble :tantrum:

It`s not even like they are capturing crooks dressed as ghosts is it :grrr:

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Sorry Rant mode off :eh:

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 09:42:13 PM »
The tantrum smiley really pees me off too. Particularly when used multiple times.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 09:48:28 PM »
OK:

People who tailgate or don't indicate
Chavs
People who smell of B.O
Migraines
Carrot Cake
Meat mixed with Fruit e.g: Hawaian Pizza, Pork and Apples..
Hangovers
Slow chatty checkout operators
Work
Ear hair
Cider with Ice in it.

This is just from today.

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »
Quote from: Captain Sprout
Two years ago some kids cornered the cat of a friend of mine and set off bangers around it; it died of shock. I assume cat haters would find that funny. I didn't.

Part of a cat's brain can colapse when in severe shock.  That's why it died.  Poor thing.

Having to keep my cat in a cage is starting to p****s me off, but only because he is not a happy puddy-tat being locked away all the time.  I can't wait to be able to give the cage back to the vet.

Ancient Proverb #2: Life is a series of frack-ups, linked together by disasters and seperated only by things that go wrong.

Ancient Proverb #3: Life is a journey from beginning to end, so take the scenic route, enjoy the view and visit every pub along the way.

Ancient Proverb #4: When life gives you lemons, demand a refund and buy whiskey.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 10:07:14 PM »

AMEN!

Hangovers

Wouldn't know. Never had one :whistle: (ahem!)
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Custom_Hobby

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 10:10:41 PM »
The tantrum smiley really pees me off too. Particularly when used multiple times.

Then don't look at this thread on my forum 

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 10:11:49 PM »
Quote from: Gi6ers

Hmmm....Hawaian Pizza is my favourite flavour and I love posk and apples (might have to make that at the weekend.)
Ancient Proverb #2: Life is a series of frack-ups, linked together by disasters and seperated only by things that go wrong.

Ancient Proverb #3: Life is a journey from beginning to end, so take the scenic route, enjoy the view and visit every pub along the way.

Ancient Proverb #4: When life gives you lemons, demand a refund and buy whiskey.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 10:13:29 PM »
You and Sally are both freaks.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Custom_Hobby

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:34 PM »
You are surrounded Kev!

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 10:24:22 PM »
Hawaian pizza = good!  You're just odd Kev.

At least there aren't many fireworks tonight, I think the local pondlife must have run out of explosives.  :D

Here's something that really ticks me off.....actually, I don't think anything could p***s me off at the moment, Liverpool just won 8 - 0.

I'm sure there'll be something to annoy me tomorrow.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 10:26:53 PM »
8 nil? Were they playing Alfreton?

I'm sure there'll be something to annoy me tomorrow.

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves....... :whistle:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:30:57 PM by Hasslefriesian »

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 10:33:28 PM »
They were playing a team from Turkey called Besiktas in the Champions League.  They beat us in the first leg a couple of weeks ago, but then they had to play us at home!!! Happy happy joy joy!

But to get the thread back on topic.....

Buses that don't turn up on time, they p***s me off.  They are early when you are running late and very late when you are on time.  I waited 20 minutes for the bus today, not the longest I've had to wait for the bus though.  :tantrum:   

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:00:28 PM by Sabbat Wolf »

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 11:08:14 PM »
A few butchers make pork and apple burgers round this neck of the woods.  They're not bad.

I live in a little village: two short streets at right angles, and a couple of estates.  People park in those streets.  In the street.  Not at the side of the street, in the parking area, or even in as much as possible.  They stop and park in the street while they go to the shops, deliver to the shops, go to work, or even just to have a natter with someone they happen to see.  Best time is when two people driving in opposite directions spot eachother and stop to roll down the windows and have a chat.
Every time, every time I drive through there'll be at least one instance of this.  It's hard enough navigating those little streets, trying to avoid losing wing mirrors to either side*, without some brainless bumpkin reducing the flow to a single lane.  Or stopping it.

*And then there's the case two weeks ago, when a lorry driver with something jutting from the side of his vehicle didn't feel the need to avoid my car, nicely tucked away just off the street.  Two smashed windows and buckled doorframes.  Good thing it was insured, but it still cost me 100 excess.  Bar-steward.

So, yeah, all that boils down to one of my major headaches: crappy drivers.  I got my licence a couple of months ago, and when I was learning to drive I became more and more aware of how useless and apathetic other people were about it.  Don't get me started on people who don't indicate.  They urinated me off even when I was limited to pedestrian.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:09:49 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 11:18:25 PM »
I have to agree Vermis, I've only been driving a year or so and I regularly have to make my way thru' the afternoon school run at the local Secondary. It's a gosh darned nightmare. The number of times my poor little car has nearly been levelled by some monstrous family APC which has pulled out without signalling from it's illegal parking speck is probably into the hundreds by now. Someone wrote a letter of complaint because they parked, along with many others, on either side of the road outside of the school, effectively reducing it to one, thin lane then got badly scratched up by a fire engine, with the full sirens a-go-go, which wasn't prepared to wait until little Jimmy got out of school to get thru'.
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2007, 02:01:40 AM »
A few butchers make pork and apple burgers round this neck of the woods.  They're not bad.

Fruit acids aid the digestion of animal protiens.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 03:15:48 AM »
Carrot Cake
MMM-mmmh, Carrot Cake!
Meat mixed with Fruit e.g: Hawaiian Pizza, Pork and Apples..
I like meat-lovers with pineapple!

But then I'm blessed/cursed with the ability to like almost any food...

krayt_dragon

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 03:16:34 AM »
Reading threads about what pisses people off while hungry and then watching the thread turn into a discussion of a delicious combinations of meat and fruit so that by the time I'm done with the thread I'm starving kind of pisses me off.  But not really.  But I do want a teriyaki burger (hamburger + teriyaki sauce + pineapple ring).  Also, the tomato is a fruit.  I'm going to bet everyone likes tomato sauce on pizza, tomato on your burger, etc.

Here's what really pisses me off:

Being told on Tuesday that I missed, by one day the deadline to withdraw from classes with a harmless "W" grade, and will instead have to get the automatic fail "V" grade after being told on Monday by the very same petty bureaucratic bully that I can't withdraw from a class without the professor's signature and that the professor won't be in till Tuesday, but failing to mention that the deadline is today.  That really, really pisses me off. 

Also, I have to agree with the fireworks.  Freaks my dog out twice a year.

coneman

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »
All the government BS advertising because of the upcomming election.
Every light post has adds on it.
The TV is full of adds
The letter box gets filled with it on a daily basis.
and
To top it off they come knocking on the door to spray you with the BS in person.

Surely the millions of $$ could be put to better use.

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 10:54:13 AM »
Cider with Ice in it.

I agree specifically with this, but on a more general note, advertising that is clearly and obviously from the back end of a cow and that could only deceive the those deeply lacking in any kind of intelligence and has the net result of simply insulting the vast majority of the population.

Also, cosmetic adverts.  Specifically, anti-aging cosmetics.  Its crap - all of it  :tantrum: (sorry Citizen Sade).  Eat well, drink enough fluid and avoid too much sun..  If you've still got a problem with you skin, go see a doctor.  No-one needs cucumber and extract of yak's milk face balm. Or rakeinalotofcashpeptites as the active ingredient.  In fact, on the subject of ingredients, the first one lists (which means that there is more of this ingredient than anything else) always seems to be "aqua".  I'll let you work out for yourself why they feel the need to pretend they're not using water in their product.

Rant over.  Sorry about that.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
advertising that is clearly and obviously from the back end of a cow

You mean all of it? :)  I have to agree - most advertising seems completely transparent and gets my goat too.  Wouldn't be bad if they were more like Ronseal ("Does exactly what it says on the tin!") and the old Sprite ads ("Image is nothing..."). :mrgreen: The refreshingly honest Sprite ads that they replaced with a striptease and a homeboy doll.  Bah.

I could ramble on about adverts until long after you all go mental from it and hire a hitman to shut me up.  But here's a couple of categories in particular:

Perfume ads: 'beautiful people' (or Sarah Jessica Honker) prancing about as though brain damaged.  Often in black and white.  Utterly meaningless.
The Lynx effect: me arse.
Coke ads: regular, diet and zero.  Designed to appeal to the spoonfed braindead Big Brother generation.  Spouting complete nonsense about 'zero downsides' and 'doing your thing' that's obviously and cynically constructed by money men to seem 'hip' and free-spirited and unrepressed (and don't forget the cute baby chimpanzee.  Cute baby chimpy wants oo to buy coke!), as if piling your loose change into a big red vending machine is striking a blow against scowling conservative fatcats.  And I have to hit the mute button every time that prick pretends his coke is ringing.
Believe me, even the twinkly, painterly, saccharine 'Holidays are coming' ads that should start... any minute now, will be a very welcome change.

Yes, I think too much about these things.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 12:56:12 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2007, 12:08:21 PM »
Then you need to stop fiddling with your belly button.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »
:blink: :?: :oops:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens: