Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 624525 times)

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #2100 on: May 17, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
Infinity here (East London so hardly the edge of the Empire) has continuously rolled back. It was supposed to be Oct '12, then March '13, then end '13 :( - We're stuck with Virgin media which is a decent enough speed but plays havoc with work emailing since it won't allow for a static ip

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 31, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »
so yesterday i finaly get my P45 from my last employer, so i think off we go down the jobseekers allowance  office to go and sign on, Decided to go after every one has gone to work and miss the 40 min tail back to get into town so get down there at 10.15 and part with 4 for 5 hours parking thinking it is going to take over an hour to deal with the jobseekers allowance, WRONG (me) hello i come to sign on as i am out of work. (faceless numbty) sorry sir you will have to go home and fill this online. this should take about 15 > 40 mins have you partner present o each question is time ltd.
If you have any trouble phone the 0845 number. we will try and get you an apointment for monday or tuesday if next week good bye. and im walking out the door  :scratchhead:.
 Well i have paid for 5 hours parking and have used about 20 mins so i thinking i have not been into town for about 2 years (no lose there) so i spend the next 2 hours in that time a new shop has opened and i have never been to it so it opens at 12 on a thursday still not open by 12: 25  so start back to the car and se a shop for damaged new washingmachine. so end the day will no modeling goodies but a new washingmachine for less than half price because the case is damaged at the back an it has no packaging so the day started as a downer big time but MR happy pants at the end. :lol:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 31, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »
Well at least some good came of it. I bought a washer just like that. One ding in the side but still as good as a new one. Although now its a bit of a pain.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
I got my washer for super cheap too, dryer came from the side of the road.  Dryer's been good for three years now.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline RayzrYR

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: June 01, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
I used to work for a whitegoods service/repair company that would pick up dryers and washers off the side of the road, check them, fix 'em if was cheap, and resell them.

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: June 08, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
 :tantrum: just spent the week appling for jobs on line a sending the old cv to one and all my computer has decided to :explodinghead: Now using the  :angrywife:,   the maine reson for my :tantrum: is i forgot to print a copy of the cv  :blub: so i now have to rewrite the hole thing 20 years of working life  what a :banghead:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 08, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »
having to break in a new pair of steel toed boots,  normaly not a problem ( smack repeatedly with mallet cover in polish and dubbing repeat)  but in my enthusiasm  I got a pair with steel plate midsoles and there "different " to walk in , a little narrower than im used to, and feel a little odd.  so im having to wear them round the house to get used too. { ive been wearing toecaps so long during my adult life I now no longer move my feet when I drop summit,  and the air turns blue if ive only got slippers on now}
a happy dauber

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #2107 on: June 09, 2013, 03:49:47 AM »
:tantrum: just spent the week appling for jobs on line a sending the old cv to one and all my computer has decided to :explodinghead: Now using the  :angrywife:,   the maine reson for my :tantrum: is i forgot to print a copy of the cv  :blub: so i now have to rewrite the hole thing 20 years of working life  what a :banghead:
If any of the employers replied, perhaps you could ask them to email a copy back? Worst they can do is say no or not reply.

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 09, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
well I left to get to Cosford at 10,  in a little over 2 hours I got 1.5 miles,  ( its around 7 miles from my front door to Cosford)   :swear:  ive got home and rechecked the show web site and it now reads that the show has gone to prepaid tickets only   :swear: :swear: :banghead: :explodinghead: needless to say im not a best pleased  penguin.
a happy dauber

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2109 on: June 18, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »
Putting my Samsung Galaxy 4 in my pocket only to miss my pocket and see the screen shatter on the cobble stoned street  :cry:

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: June 18, 2013, 06:13:37 PM »
You can buy a replacement glass/ screen. Though admittedly you might break/ damage more parts when trying to replace that.
Can't really help with that as the only mobiles I ever disassembled and repaired are the old Samsung E250i thingies (flex cables tend to break & tear and cant be replaced without almost completely disassembling the whole thing).
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: June 24, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
Giving a exponent of self-love salute, this evening, to a driver on a roundabout who turned out to be a copper in an unmarked police car :grrr:

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: June 24, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »
Ouch. Did he come and have a chat then?
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: June 24, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
Whoops !
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:15 PM »
Yes, indeed. Flashing blue lights and hand signals to pull over followed by a driving license/vehicle registration check plus a stern lecture  :tsk:

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »
Yes, indeed. Flashing blue lights and hand signals to pull over followed by a driving license/vehicle registration check plus a stern lecture  :tsk:

Did he cut you up?

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 24, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
His answer would be different from mine, I imagine. You decide ...

It was a roundabout with single lane exits and slow-moving, unpredictable traffic flow during rush hour. I was on it and filtering left. He then joined from the lane to the right of the one I had entered on and positioned himself in such a way that I was forced to give way. Hence my hand signal and a subsequent comment from him that if he hadn't done it, other traffic would have been blocked. He reckoned I was at fault and I was not daft enough to argue the toss.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: June 24, 2013, 11:21:31 PM »
If he didn't bill you for his services, just take it and go. :whistle:

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 25, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
No running water for the second time in 9 days. fecking hate leaving the house unwashed.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #2119 on: June 25, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »
That sux. How'd that come about?

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 25, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
No idea why they turned the water off this time, last time was due to repair (all the plumbing has been replaced 2009, so I guess they did that on the cheap) and they informed people a couple of days earlier.
This time they did stick a note to one of the entrance doors yesterday in the late afternoon or evening, so hardly anyone new they'd turn the water off.
But as it's raining quite a bit here, I still managed to end up soaking wet.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #2121 on: June 25, 2013, 03:19:26 PM »
No idea why they turned the water off this time, last time was due to repair (all the plumbing has been replaced 2009, so I guess they did that on the cheap) and they informed people a couple of days earlier.
This time they did stick a note to one of the entrance doors yesterday in the late afternoon or evening, so hardly anyone new they'd turn the water off.

where are you?

I might know the people doing it...
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 25, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »

where are you?

Berlin.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #2123 on: June 25, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »

where are you?

Berlin.

Ah! no. Not one of ours then. Mind you we tend to be more courteous than that!
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 10, 2013, 04:36:48 AM »
Water on the knee, the possible need of special orthotics, and possible early signs of arthritis in my hands.