Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 623139 times)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »
Careful, now.  I enjoy having a place to free my inner grouch.  I don't want it locked because people started getting all confrontational and jingoish.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »
back on topic

i really hate tomatoes and onions :tantrum: they are in everything and i hate them
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline No Head Ned

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
Is that "ter-MAH-toe" or "toe-MAY-toe"? :whistle:
I think Vermis is right. We should call the whole thing off.

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
i really hate tomatoes and onions :tantrum: they are in everything and i hate them

I really don't understand why people hate tomatoes and onions :tantrum: they are in everything because they are really good for you! ;)  :lol:

Seriously, though, I really do love onions. Especially in curry. But this is the wrong thead for that , so ...
I really do hate avacado.  Tastes like rotten fruit and the texture is what I imagine rotten fruit to be like! Why do people like this stuff? Are they insane? And what is with guacamole?  A waste of good chillis and lime juice, if you ask me! :tantrum:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »
potatoe portarto

tomatoes ketchup and tomatoe sauce i hate it, and mayonasise, and the red stuff on pizza bases, thank good for good old british fish and chips and chicken  :lol:

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
"Is it safe to use ordinary household cyanoacrylate glue as a medical glue?

According to Reference 7, most cyanoacrylate glues not designed specifically for medical use are formulated from methyl-2-cyanoacrylate, since it produces the strongest bond. Not only can such glues irritate the skin, during polymerization they can generate significant heat, to the point of causing skin burns. I gather this is a problem only if a large area of skin is affected. But to err on the side of safety, you should <snip> only use medically-approved glue, not the ordinary kind."

:wink:

(Ref 7. Quinn, J., & Kissack, J., "Tissue Adhesives for Laceration Repair During Sporting Events," Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 4 No. 4, 1994, p. 245)

The heat effect is what I use to tell me when I've spilt superglue on my hand!

A great trick for those that don't know, superglue will also bond with water - so for those occasional large spills on the hands, water first helps with the heat, then it forms the superglue into a nice shell that is easily peeled off.  Of course, try not to spill superglue in the first place, but I know we've all done it ... ;)

It will also bond with bi-carb of soda (sodium bicarbonate) found in most kitchens, it forms a solid mass which then peels off. I also use this for gap filling.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline Squigface

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
It's To-mah-toe not To-MAY-taoe :tantrum:

And it's paprika, and not Pap-reeeeek-a :tantrum: GRRRRR

Squig

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2008, 03:24:21 PM »
:hmmm

Things that really mildly irritate me: radio ads.  Driving time is somewhat soured by five minutes of decent-to-good music followed by ten minutes of commercials.  I gotta get more CDs.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
The petrol station  where I work is starting to p**s me off - or rather the (clumsy) idiots who use it  :tantrum:
Damage caused since November :
1) Pump completely obliterated by man in 4x4 reversing out of parking space by shop at speed - his excuse - "my hand slipped on the steering wheel "  :hmmm

2) Skip lorry reversed into the side of the carwash bending the steel frame and taking out a large pane of glass - excuse - " I didn't think I was that close...."  :scratchhead:

3) Steel bollard with concrete base put in place to stop HGVs driving over the grass edge taken out by an HGV ( not suprisingly !) - excuse - don't know the b*****d didn't bother stopping  :whah?:

4) And yesterday .... An HGV destroyed a very large concrete island with a very large red and white
steel post in it followed by the complete end of the canopy. He actually had two goes at the island first he clipped it as he reversed and then pulled forward to finish it off before continueing into the canopy. Excuse -  :swear:

The place is starting to look post apocalyptic with all the damage I'm taking my camcorder down tomorrow night to make my own zombie flick -all I need is some zombified extras - wait that's most of my customers....... :whistle:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Bubba

« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2008, 07:12:53 AM »
The town i'm in is at an elevation of around 4100 feet. Snow this time of year is hardly shocking. However, the person in charge of the buses in town, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that they don't need to be using chains, studs, snow tires, or anything of the like. The weather has gotten particularly bad this week, so right now the odds of the bus you're waiting for showing up at all are less than even.

On the upside, I guess when I'm telling my grandkids about how back in my day I walked to school uphill through the snow etc. there'll be some truth to it.

coneman

« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »
That I am going to bin a perfectly good 6 month old printer becasue it is cheaper to buy a new one than replace the ink cartridges.
I know I could buy cheap chinese ones but they are the reason I bought a new printer in the first place, they worked great for a few prints then leaked ink everywhere and fused the print head in place as well as making one hell of a mess of my desk.

I guess we do live in a throw away society.

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
That I am going to bin a perfectly good 6 month old printer becasue it is cheaper to buy a new one than replace the ink cartridges.
I know I could buy cheap chinese ones but they are the reason I bought a new printer in the first place, they worked great for a few prints then leaked ink everywhere and fused the print head in place as well as making one hell of a mess of my desk.

I guess we do live in a throw away society.

i just did that, i bought the same printer i had before, it was cheaper to get the printer with ink than buy ink for my old printer :crazy:

Offline Avicenna

• Slave to Paint
  • Global Moderator
  • Fallen One
  • Dragon #39... The perils of rock 'n roll decadence
    • View Profile
    • The Jolly Bodgers
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2008, 05:31:33 PM »
you know those cartridges that come with printers aren't full or dont hold the capacity of new print cartridges right?
-Peter
My new Blog: http://www.jollybodgers.com

"...you describe yourself as an amateur. Don't forget that word comes from the French, meaning "lover of".
In artistic endeavours the very best results come from those who love what they do, whether or not they get paid for it "
-Bewildered Badger '07

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
If you've got a cartridge world near you they fill up old cartridges for a lot less than buying new ones.  (plus you are doing a LOT less damage to the environment.)

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »
you know those cartridges that come with printers aren't full or dont hold the capacity of new print cartridges right?

i got the same all in one printer as before, the cardridges lasted me nearly a year, and my scanner was on the blink so it worked out cheaper in the long run to get the same new printer for £30 plus i got a new scanner on it lol. To get the ink it would have been about £20 plus my scanner would have still been on the blink. :silly

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2008, 01:20:04 AM »
Throw away the printer to replace the cartridges?  I think I need to sit down.

I am.  Convenient.

In other news: Mathshammer. :soapbox:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

Offline chironex

• Heretic
  • Ambitious but rubbish
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2008, 02:56:30 AM »
If you've got a cartridge world near you they fill up old cartridges for a lot less than buying new ones.  (plus you are doing a LOT less damage to the environment.)

Cartridge world are notoriously incompetent for filling cartridges with the wrong ink. The cartridges are only built to last one tankful anyway, the integrated head and tank units are to be thrown out when empty, only separate tanks should be refilled. Don't trust Cartridge World to do this. The manufacturer can probably supply you with good ink, or some aftermarket refill kits may suit. Some machines may be able to take a continuous flow system, a set of large outboard tanks. Some users at Worldworks Games swear by them.

I have had more than one worn out junker on my desk with a customer complaining of low print quality only to open the hatch and find a Cartridge World cartridge inside with a worn out print head and tank full of congealed ink, and the tyres perishing and the blob of waste ink in the bottom has started corroding the steel chassis...
Electrostatic printers are worse as their worn out drums are painfully obvious, plus CW may put them in backwards...
I wonder why you’re talking ‘cos you’re talking all the time
Will you ever get the message and just leave it all behind
The conversation’s trivial but trivial is fine
When held up to the light
- Kate Miller-Heidke

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2008, 01:32:10 AM »
This morning, I heard the gate swing, but no-one at the door.  Two minutes later I stood up, and caught a glimpse through the window of a courier getting back into his van and driving away with my package of putty samples.
Immediately phoned the number on the leaflet he left, and waited as the guy in the office phoned the courier.  Apparently two minutes of driving took him too far away, so he'll have to come back on Monday at the earliest. :rant:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 02:29:45 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

Bodhi

« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2008, 12:09:48 AM »
potatoe portarto

tomatoes ketchup and tomatoe sauce i hate it, and mayonasise, and the red stuff on pizza bases, thank good for good old british fish and chips and chicken  :lol:

What really p**sses me of: People who don't eat EVERYTHING. My wife doesn't eat fish, my eldest son DOES eat pasta and meatballs (that's about it...) and I used to love to cook. Interest is vaining with the family members turning most things down.
Funnily enough my daughter (who is vegetarian) eats just about ANY exotic dishes as long as there's no meat in it. So despite being vegetarian shes's the LEAST picky of the bunch.
Myself I eat (as the vietnamese saying goes) "anything in the sky except aeroplanes and anything in the water except submarines"

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »
Myself I eat (as the vietnamese saying goes) "anything in the sky except aeroplanes and anything in the water except submarines"

As a man who has, in his somewhat checkered marine biology career, worked with deep-water fishes I can assure you that the submarine isn't too bad an option by comparison... yick!
:D
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2008, 12:48:45 AM »
What really p**sses me of: People who don't eat EVERYTHING.
I feel your pain..My family are the pickiest eaters imaginable, my oldest sister just having got out of her 'brocoli and plain pasta' phase (she refused to eat ANYTHING else 8:::). As a keen cook and carnivore, her refusal to eat beautiful hay roasted lamb is unfathomable... Its not like she's a vegetarian... :shrug: (don't get me started on them  :grrr:  :D only joking  :boing:)
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Bodhi

« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »

As a man who has, in his somewhat checkered marine biology career, worked with deep-water fishes I can assure you that the submarine isn't too bad an option by comparison... yick!

Ugly things can be quite tasty.... By that logic I should taste wonderful  :smile:

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2008, 10:53:33 AM »

Ugly things can be quite tasty.... By that logic I should taste wonderful  :smile:

That depends on whether you buffer your proteins against pressure effects using, amongst other things, ammonia, urea and cyanide.  :D
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2008, 01:05:36 PM »

That depends on whether you buffer your proteins against pressure effects using, amongst other things, ammonia, urea and cyanide.  :D

:shrug: question about the sea. If you found a fish at the deepest part of the sea and brought it up to the surface really quickly would it explode, as a goldfish would implode if you took it to the bottom of the sea.

about fussy eaters,  :shrug: :angel:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 01:16:05 PM by grekwood »

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »

Can I pass on that....  :whistle:

i'll leave that to your wife
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers