Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 637292 times)

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1650 on: November 08, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
If it makes you feel any better my Windows media player refused to play any dvds for 3 days due to "copyright encryption error" or some such message -  tried about a dozen different films all with the same message  :shrug:
Then yesterday it decided to work ok  :scratchhead:
That's almost worse, because you as a consumer/ customer actually paid for a product. I'm just pissed off at how at times GEMA makes youtube completely useless for me. And it's not just 'music videos'. E.g. somebody posts a few pics taken at Salute and puts some music in the background- GEMA/ youtube may well block the vid, since I'm in Germany and "because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights". When I still used kazaa to download music, I spent a lot more money later on buying the stuff I downloade on vinyl/ cd.

Anyways, the one thing that does piss me off most atm is a parcel service called GLS- useless bunch of fuckwitted kebab (with no lettuce). 9 out of 10 times something's delivered by them, things go horribly wrong (everything from GLS refusing to hand over the parcel to neighbours next time to parcel delivery guy completely ignoring messages where I authorise GLS to leave a parcel at me neighbours, despite me even having phoned GLS beforehand). So wrong I long ago stopped buying from places that state that the parcel will be send via GLS. 1 out of 10 times I'm at home, but the parcel delivery guy is a cocky bastard and I'm tempted to make good use of the baseball bat standing next to the door.

sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »
Finally got the parcel mentioned above. All that stress for 100 envelopes...
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 11, 2011, 10:12:12 PM »
Was in Morrisons this morning during the 2 minutes silence - the entire supermarket went quiet and stopped what it was doing apart for one fat tosser at the tills who decided he was going to stand there jangling a bunch of keys and talking to his girlfriend - he even looked at his watch at one point and said "how much bloody longer ?"  He then dropped the keys on the floor and said in a loud voice "whoops !" with a stupid smug grin on his face  :grrr:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 12, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »
Was in Morrisons this morning during the 2 minutes silence - the entire supermarket went quiet and stopped what it was doing apart for one fat tosser at the tills who decided he was going to stand there jangling a bunch of keys and talking to his girlfriend - he even looked at his watch at one point and said "how much bloody longer ?"  He then dropped the keys on the floor and said in a loud voice "whoops !" with a stupid smug grin on his face  :grrr:

Shoulda beaned him with a can of.... beans!  Or something else hard and throw-able.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 12, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »
Was in Morrisons this morning during the 2 minutes silence (...)
What was that for? Not that I do understand that kind of stuff, probably would completeley ignore it and just go about as usual.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 12, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »
Remembrance day I assume.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 12, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
Was in Morrisons this morning during the 2 minutes silence (...)
What was that for? Not that I do understand that kind of stuff, probably would completeley ignore it and just go about as usual.
Remembrance day I assume.
Was indeed Remembrance day - fine if you don't want to observe it but at least have decencey to keep quiet for 2 minutes when everyone else around you is ........

Shoulda beaned him with a can of.... beans!  Or something else hard and throw-able.
unfortunately he was bigger than me - about 6ft and 20 stone - not muscle just fat                                        1
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 12, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »
That'd just make him slower, Dragon.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 12, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »
Was indeed Remembrance day - fine if you don't want to observe it but at least have decencey to keep quiet for 2 minutes when everyone else around you is ........

Interessting. As I said elsewhere on the fod, we don't really have anything like rememberance day, so to me that whole thing is very strange but also interessting. If there was this two minute silence thing happening over here, most likely I wouldn't even notice- hell, usually I'm so stressed and tired I'd walk past a wooly mammoth wearing a tuxedo whithout paying it any attention.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 13, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »

What a git.

I was in the centre of Leeds, people stopped and observed the silence apart from (near us) about three small groups of young Asian men. I don't know if they were trying to make a political point by shouting to each other or whether they were just being unwittingly disrespectful.

The added bonus was that at least the awful busker stopped playing.
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Matt Rippington

• Undeadophile
  • Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »
Accidentally snapping the hammer from an oop Warhammer Quest Warrior Priest. Especially three hours after listing it on ebay as being in very good condition. That really upsets the apple cart somewhat. Frak.
Karloff, Cushing and Lee ftw!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 14, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »
Aargh!!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1662 on: November 14, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »
people taking the piss generally with good natured people.  Just because someone doesnt want to comment on things that pi** them off doesnt mean the aforesaid behaviour doesnt annoy them.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 14, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
How the hell do they get away with it! I have a bail hostel less than 200 yards from my house that is 3 stories high and over looks 2 nursery's and a Junior and infant schools.

Some gits abducted a 10year old boy yesterday morning from the shop around the corner from this hostel and they found him two hours later bound and gagged screaming from a window luckily he was unharmed.

Do they even think when the open these place and who they put in them.

They ought to hang the bastards

Offline jp

• Minion
  • Wait a mo...this is'nt motorhead!
    • View Profile
    • Jp sees lead people (and then tries to paint them)
« Reply #1664 on: November 14, 2011, 09:06:41 PM »
How the hell do they get away with it! I have a bail hostel less than 200 yards from my house that is 3 stories high and over looks 2 nursery's and a Junior and infant schools.

Some gits abducted a 10year old boy yesterday morning from the shop around the corner from this hostel and they found him two hours later bound and gagged screaming from a window luckily he was unharmed.

Do they even think when the open these place and who they put in them.

They ought to hang the bastards

:metoo:  :applause:

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 14, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
On the BBC site now I could through a brick at it. Missus has been upset all day  :tantrum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-15724529

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1666 on: November 15, 2011, 05:47:33 AM »
Flamin' Nora.

Police said they wanted to make it clear that the property was not a bail hostel, contrary to rumours.

:whatchutakingbout:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:48:15 AM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Brummie

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 15, 2011, 07:36:54 AM »
They say that but you know when that rumour has been about for years there has to be a kernal of truth somewhere.

This news site states it house ex offenders but how is that not a bail hostel then seems contradictory to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8889862/Kidnap-boy-10-rescued-from-flat-bound-and-wrapped-in-sheet.html

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:34:53 AM by Brummie »

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 16, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »
what pisses me off?  people moaning they are in trouble with their bosses for using Facebook on their mobiles at work when it is classed as a disciplinary offence.

If someone is paying you to work then they arent paying you to sneakily use your mobile to go onto Facebook  or  text your partner and moan about your boss!  If you have already been in trouble for taking advantage of someones good nature and then they catch you again then tough s**t, deal with the consequences or change your job!

Rant over!  Feel better now!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 16, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
that's twice in 2 days on this thread Sally, go and post something that makes you happy to restore some balance  :D

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #1670 on: November 16, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
Was Kev on facebook again?  :whistle:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1671 on: November 16, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
Was Kev on...

Was Kev on facebook again?  :whistle:

:rant:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 16, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »
that's twice in 2 days on this thread Sally, go and post something that makes you happy to restore some balance  :D

just cleared out the 'throw all the c**p from my pockets' drawer next to my bed and found 14.40 in change!  Is that happy enough?

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 16, 2011, 10:02:06 PM »
 :woohoo:

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 17, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »
The way things are organised in hospitals. I don't know how often I had to tell people that a) my grandma's got Alzheimer's and that b) she won't eat anything that's not soup or some sort of mash and that c) she at times will try to strangle people, beat them or kick them in the head (admitedly now that she has broken her thigh the later is a bit out of question). Everybody's taking notes, but when she ended up at the hospital ward nobody bothered to pass on the papers or even tell the nurses that she's got Alzheimer's. I wonder why they bother asking and taking notes. At least she has behaved quite well so far.

Somewhat related: when I pay people to get a job done, why do I so often end up having to help them?

When I bought a wardrobe years ago, I paid for the delivery & assembly. Once that damn thing was delivered, the guy that was supposed to put it together was mortified to find out the room wasn't empty- what on earth makes people working in a company selling furniture think that everybody lives in completely empty homes? If the room had been empty, I could have built that damn thing meself! And why do the have to send one guy, that's barely 2cm taller than me (I'm about 160 cm 'tall') to build a wardrobe that's 200+ cm high, when they never asked if the room was empty?

When there was water leaking thru the ceiling from the flat above, the housing society (I think that's what you call them) send over a painter to deal with the damage. Once he arrived, he just shrugged after looking at the walls and said that they only got white paint and thus he couldn't help us. Unless of course we'd pay them to remix the right colour to paint the whole corridor (they weren't allowed to just go to the local diy store to buy exacetly the same paint). We agreed that that was a bit mental and I ended up dealing with the damage.

When the kitchen did get a new pvc floor, I ended up helping there as well. Again- at least partly- a job for two people, but the company only did send one. Not that that nice flooring still exists- got damaged during the redevelopment bullshit in 2009, just like so many other things. At least a few weeks ago I finally got round to painting the bathroom and the loo- we're still living amongst cardboard boxes but it's at least something. And at least they didn't accidently flood our place and we didn't end up depressesd enough with the whole thing to consider suicide (unlike a lady a few houses down the road who did hang herself).

When the ambulance arrived to collect my grandma, they didn't now how to get her to the stretcher- so I ended up helping to carry her. Now that my grandma's in hospital, I still have to feed her and bring her food. The nurses simply can't convince her to eat, even I have problems to make her eat. The nurses simply have too much to do and don't have that much time for just one patient. Definitely not the nurses' fault.
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing