Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 635766 times)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1625 on: October 21, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
They want to pile in more people in the classes today, because the BBC's filming for some 'popular show'.  So they sent out the call, and I got me a free life-drawing class. :)

Aaand I went and jinxed it.  Got everything organised, set out half an hour early to get fuel at the next town.  Almost at the filling station before I realised I'd forgotten one thing: my wallet.  Didn't have the fuel or much time to go home for it.  Went into said town to borrow off my sister.  Drove back out to filling station.  Hit queue of traffic.  By the time I got anywhere near the filling station, it was too late to keep going.  Couldn't burst into a filmed class 15 minutes late.

This is a thing that pisses me off, the latest in a month of them.  I'm going to go nuts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:12:37 PM by Vermis »
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 21, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
About two weeks ago, I brought my automobile to the garage for a regular oil change and tune up.  I also asked the mechanic to look into the source of an odd noise that had just started.

This was a little like going to the doctor for a checkup and saying "oh yeah, I have this little cough that just started" and finding out you have lung cancer.  My car was dying, I was told.  could go at any moment.  Time for a new engine or a new car.

Well, I don't have the money for a new car, the one I have got a new transmission a few years back anyway and it's otherwise in pretty good shape.  If I can squeeze a couple more years from it I can save for a new car (or potentially be living someplace that I don't need a car, but that's a different and much longer story... suffice it to say I was hoping this '99 would hang on till that resolved itself).

So I asked him about how long it would take,  and he said about a week.  And if you remember back to the beginning of the post...

So in the end I have been without a car for two weeks, scrambling to get to jobs and other obligations, and when I *do* finally hear back from the garage I will get to pay almost $2000 for the privilege.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 21, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »
What kind of sound was it?  Was it a loud, fast hammering sound from deep inside?  Or a tick from up top?

Sorry that's the mechanic in me talking.  Crappy deal about your car though.  I have a truck that needs a new transmission (as well as a total ground up resto), I'll get one one day as the truck is an eventually-to-restore-classic circa 1972.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 23, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
It's Sunday morning, and about the only thing that bugs me right now is, my bits box is completely sacked and I have conversions I want to do but have no bits to do them.  I have some bits on the way bought on the 'evil-thing-bay' (they are already destined for use).  I'm bored and rambling now.  Time to go do something.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 23, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
What kind of sound was it?  Was it a loud, fast hammering sound from deep inside?  Or a tick from up top?

It was a thwup-thwup-thwupping.  My mechanic, who I trust, didn't get super technical with me (I don't know a lot about automobiles) but said that it was basically something inside the engine that let go, and opening the engine up to find it would just be inviting more issues (as the engine is over 10 years old).

I didn't need the car to go, but what's actually ticking me off right now is being without my car.  It's very difficult to get around without it.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 23, 2011, 06:41:38 PM »
Engine possibly spat a bearing.  I was on the sidewalk going into a store once and heard a toyota coming, it was quiet like it should have been, then it spat out a bearing on the crank shaft.  It started to make some noise and quickly got worse, within 15 seconds it was deafening.
It's very difficult to get around without it.

Does it have to be a car per say?  I run one of these as my daily driver.   Same color too.

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 27, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »
Two nights ago, during the second game of the third season of our Blood Bowl League, my Strength 5 AV10 Ork Blitzer double-skulled a Block against a Rat ogre, who beat his armor, killing him.  I use my apothecary, and the result was another kill.

Then later in the match the better of my two Throwers (accurate/Strong Arm) was also killed.

Both in a game against Skaven.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 27, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
Mean little blighters those ratties are, aren't they? :blink:

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: October 28, 2011, 06:21:13 AM »
I used to have Skaven. Fun team to play. Now I have ogres. Haven't used them yet though.

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: October 30, 2011, 02:18:48 AM »
Stupid fecking GEMA and their semi-fascist censorship bullshit. More or less every other kebab (with no lettuce) vid I'll try to watch on youtube (that I in some cases could watch only days ago no problem) now is blocked, all I get is this message:
"Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights.
Sorry about that."
Things like that make me wanna wring some necks and kick some heads in. feckin bastards!
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline ink the troll

• Dark Underlord
  • short, fat & ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: October 30, 2011, 02:19:52 AM »
Oh, why do I keep forgetting about that swear filter?
sanity is for cowards
Blogthing

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 30, 2011, 08:20:15 AM »
If it makes you feel any better my Windows media player refused to play any dvds for 3 days due to "copyright encryption error" or some such message -  tried about a dozen different films all with the same message  :shrug:
Then yesterday it decided to work ok  :scratchhead:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline geronimo

• Administrator
  • Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #1637 on: October 31, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
Electricians who partially complete a job to first fix, then refuse to answer the phone when time comes for them to turn up and finish the job  :tantrum:
Too many ideas....way too little time.
new website
Fenris on facebook

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1638 on: October 31, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
I wouldn't say I was P****d off about it, just mildly annoyed but I have been called patronising.

Someone was moaning about something on another forum and I answered in a straightforward manner, whilst trying to 'pour oil on troubled waters'.  He called me patronising....among other things :D ...but I was being genuine.

Has it come to a point in life where people can't tell whether someone is being genuine or not?  If it has, it is a terrible shame.  The internet is a strange place where faceless people can't add any form of expression to their words.

Alternatively...I am patronising :mrgreen:!
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 31, 2011, 04:11:59 PM »
"Patronizing" is often another way of saying "I know what you say is the most reasonable solution, but I prefer to remain agitated at the moment so your logic is not appreciated."

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #1640 on: October 31, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
I've seen the thread, and I don't understand why he thought you were patronizing.

But I wouldn't give a ****, because after all it's Frothers, and that place is so full of insults and the like that they don't actually mean anything. :wink:
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1641 on: October 31, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
I know it is Frothers but not everyone on there has to be a doofus. 

Also, my psychosis dictates that I have to question everything I do or say...so I have to make sure that I am not patronising so that when I want to be, I can step up the ante :D
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 31, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »
Unless you actually know the person why does what they think actually mean a damn ?
Just another faceless individual sat safely behind a keyboard making pointless and worthless comments :shrug:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 31, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
Unless you actually know the person why does what they think actually mean a damn ?
Just another faceless individual sat safely behind a keyboard making pointless and worthless comments :shrug:

Amen to that. said by a faceless individual sat safely behind a keyboard making pointless and worthless comments

Offline Reaperman

• Brush for Hire. No Space Marines.
  • Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #1644 on: November 04, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »
 :blub:Iphone has completely died! All contacts are on its little hard drive and not stored on sim cards so now I've not got the ability to contact anyone  :tantrum: It's likely to cost me about 200 to fix it due to all the minor problems with it resulting in a dead phone.
Paint Slave hit list in no particular order:
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 04, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
 :blink: Dang...

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 04, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »

Right now, not having enough time to go hunting and/or paint minis irks me.

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 05, 2011, 09:53:29 PM »
the third day of having a cold and a tooth ache at the same time
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 05, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »
the third day of having a cold and a tooth ache at the same time.
I shall reiterate.

Offline fog99uk

• There's a 4 foot hight restriction don't ya know?
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #1649 on: November 05, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »
Having to go to work on Sundays.