Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 623127 times)

Offline JollyBob

• Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1500 on: June 24, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
When I am King, all the over 60s will have wing mirrors...  :grrr:

And walking into a busy shop and stopping dead in the doorway while you try to remember why you went in will be punishable by catapult.

My wife does it all the time. It may be the pettiest reason for a divorce in History.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 24, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »
The stupid promotion they had in Morrisons this morning "Ladies & gentlemen every shopper today is entitled to a free stainless steel vegetable peeler . Just make your way to the red covered stand at the end of aisle 7 to receive this great free gift"
I wondered why one end of the shop suddenly came to complete gridlock - about 80 people were jostling for position with their trollies to hear some promo girl who sounded like Del Trotter on speed extolling the virtues of a metal vegetable peeler - in my day it was called a knife !  :roll:
On the bright side the checkouts were virtually empty - for once !  :boing:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1502 on: June 25, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »
And walking into a busy shop and stopping dead in the doorway while you try to remember why you went in will be punishable by catapult.

:explodinghead:

What's up with that?  The amount of people in the street who think the middle of a doorway is a better rest-stop than a public bench...

about 80 people were jostling for position with their trollies to hear some promo girl who sounded like Del Trotter on speed extolling the virtues of a metal vegetable peeler - in my day it was called a knife !

:lol:
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »

:explodinghead:

What's up with that?  The amount of people in the street who think the middle of a doorway is a better rest-stop than a public bench...

It's the feckers that do it the moment that they get off the bus that really wind me up.     

Oh, I'm sorry, did the big group of people standing behind you waiting to get off the bus as it pulled in - not give you any fecking idea that stopping dead the moment your feet hit the pavement was maybe a fecking retarded thing to do?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:explodinghead: :explodinghead: :explodinghead:
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
Escalators as well.  8:::
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 25, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »
or the tube, at least bus drivers will wait for everyone who needs to get off (usually). Definately escalators though which I think is the main offender.

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #1506 on: June 26, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Speaking of escalators... I hate people who walk onto one of those mildly sloping travelator things and then just stop, blocking the whole thing. The only excuse for this is a physical disability or a shopping trolley that locks into it so you can't push it, even then there is no reason to take the whole width.

It ain't a ride at an amusement park folks and some of us have things we'd rather be doing. If you have legs then how about using 'em!  :tantrum:

Then there are those who step off the end of one of these when you are right behind them with a trolley full of groceries, you cannot stop and they get all annoyed when you're about to ram into them! Just get the hell out of the way!!!

...and at the station on the really long escalators up from the underground loop when people don't follow proper etiquette during rush hour and stand still in the fast lane! Grrrr...  :eatlead:

Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 26, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »
I'm a fan of walking superfast on travalators, It makes me feel superfast.  :lol:

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1508 on: June 26, 2011, 11:30:47 AM »
People, usually young mothers, that use their child-bearing stroller as some form of wedge or bulldozer to try and cut in ahead of you. I swear, one of these days I'm not going to be able to stop in time, and I'll fall on and crush the little tyke!

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1509 on: June 26, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
People, usually young mothers, that use their child-bearing stroller as some form of wedge or bulldozer to try and cut in ahead of you. I swear, one of these days I'm not going to be able to stop in time, and I'll fall on and crush the little tyke!

ah well the otherside of the coin on this one is the idiots that cant see a pushcair with a child/baby in it and then glare at you when they nearly trip over you even when you are standing still....lol!  Almost on a par with the idiot who didnt seem me in my large black people carrier in broad daylight halfway across a roundabout and decided it was his right of way!

As a mum with a pushcahir i must admit that sometimes when i have said 'excuse me, can i come through' to people who have then ignored me that i have sometimes just barged through regardless, usually catching their ankles with the front step. "oh dear, i am so sorry...did that hurt?" i say with a genuine smile on my face and then laugh as they hobble away!
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 26, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »
As a mum with a pushcahir i must admit that sometimes when i have said 'excuse me, can i come through' to people who have then ignored me that i have sometimes just barged through regardless, usually catching their ankles with the front step. "oh dear, i am so sorry...did that hurt?" i say with a genuine smile on my face and then laugh as they hobble away!

:thumbup:

Damn right, my Phil and Ted's 3-wheeler can cripple a grown man.  Jacob (Gi6ers Jr) has a habit of laughing when people fall over so it's an extra bit of salt in the wound.

In keeping with the thread the bloody thing does get a lot of punctures....

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 26, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

ah well the otherside of the coin on this one is the idiots that cant see a pushcair with a child/baby in it and then glare at you when they nearly trip over you even when you are standing still....lol!  Almost on a par with the idiot who didnt seem me in my large black people carrier in broad daylight halfway across a roundabout and decided it was his right of way!

I'd be careful doing that. I genuinely didn't hear and a lady did the same to me in a supermarket aisle and turned over her pushchair, babies and all. I'm nearly 17 stone and a hair or two shorter than Kev (in fact I'm built like one of Kev's dwarf sculpts) with 20 years experience in the front row of the scrum. I'm almost impossible to move and enormously resistant to pain. I barely noticed until I heard the crash. I moved quick then and all was recovered with the minimum of fuss. She hurt her wrist too.
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1512 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:01 PM »
I'm over 20 stone, I think. (130kg) Poor eyesight and co-ordination, too. If I fall I'm gonna hurt whatever I fall on. I just hope it's the mother, and not the kid.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1513 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:59 AM »
The ipad 2 advert.  I know the point of an ad is to talk up the product, but jings.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1514 on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »
The ipad 2 advert.  I know the point of an ad is to talk up the product, but jings.

i still want one though ......not sure if it is the fact that i know i cant afford one that makes it more desirable
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1515 on: July 01, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
Well, so do I, but I'd probably use it as a handy gadget rather than set it on a pedestal and worship it. :)
Reminds me of that Secrets of the Superbrands show.

In other things-that-mildly-nark-me-off news, can't believe that Forbidden Planet had no GRRM books.  Should've looked in Waterstones when I was passing.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 01, 2011, 01:56:41 AM »
The ipad 2

Got no use for that, really.  I'd rather buy a desktop apple.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1517 on: July 01, 2011, 10:45:11 PM »
today I discovered that I have early stage 2 diabetes...
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 01, 2011, 11:02:27 PM »

Bugger..... thats food control and exercise then, without any pills or anything?

really spoils a night out on the beers.   8:::
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1519 on: July 01, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »

Bugger..... thats food control and exercise then, without any pills or anything?

really spoils a night out on the beers.   8:::

Yep to all of that...monitoring to start, once I have tried the diet/exercise thing...

...Kicked me in the butt; finding out :(
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Offline fog99uk

• There's a 4 foot hight restriction don't ya know?
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #1520 on: July 02, 2011, 12:58:54 AM »

A lady at my fiancee's work just found out that she's developed diabetes. Before being told the results she decided to have a massive pile of sweets 'because she may not be allowed to tomorrow'. Then she was told she did have diabetes, and has ignored the doctor and carried on eating boxes of cakes and bags of doughnuts, 2 of each, every day.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1521 on: July 02, 2011, 06:12:06 PM »

A lady at my fiancee's work just found out that she's developed diabetes. Before being told the results she decided to have a massive pile of sweets 'because she may not be allowed to tomorrow'. Then she was told she did have diabetes, and has ignored the doctor and carried on eating boxes of cakes and bags of doughnuts, 2 of each, every day.

That is a quick road to an early grave  :shock:

...I am taking a slightly different approach.  I am cutting out all the refined sugar in my diet and doing a bit of extra exercise.  The down side is that there is sugar in a lot of stuff you wouldn't think of...Tinned Soup, Baked Beans, Table Sauces...the list goes on and on...even pasta and bread contain it...not to mention beer 8::: !  I am having to seriously re-think my diet :( .  It can't be a bad thing though...I hope to have a pretty normal blood-sugar result in three months so I have to work hard to get there.  If there isn't much of a difference, then I'll have to go to war on my lifestyle...and I don't want to do that  :blub:

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 02, 2011, 07:46:44 PM »
Had type 2 diabetes for the last 20 odd years mate - not as bad as people think !
The trick is not to let it rule your life - everything in moderation food wise - and as you say processed foods contain a tremendous amount of unecessary salt and sugar so steer clear of them ! You will find yourself studying the backs of food packaging for sugar content and it is quite an eye opener !
As for beer, as long as you stick to a sensible amount-  hell the condition doesn't mean you have to become a nun !  :thumbup:
EDIT :
Most things come in a "diet" or sugarfree version these days - unfortunately not cream cakes !  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:56:16 PM by DRAGON »
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:27 PM »
If you cut out refined sugars, make sure that you don't eat too much of anything that contains aspratame.  It breaks down in the body into a number of chemicals one being formaldehyde, the others are pretty much harmless.

PS I don't actually know if that is true or not, so have at it.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 03, 2011, 01:09:33 AM »
Aspartane is pretty bad. I think it may have been banned in some countries.