Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 623134 times)

Offline Reaperman

• Brush for Hire. No Space Marines.
  • Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »
because someone might have an allergic reaction to elastoplast. :blink:

(Sticks bloody handy in the air and waves it around) Its not the elastoplast I'm allergic to its the adhesive, not good for someone who bleeds alot like me  :crazy:
Paint Slave hit list in no particular order:
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2008, 12:17:40 PM »
mothers coming to trade shows with you, i just went to crusade and my mum couldn't wait to get out and go to woolworths

I would have told her to have a look round town whilst I went into the show...! :wink:

she had to drive me there and there were not really many shops near by, cardiff centre was a very long walk away. Plus she insited on coming in because my dad was going too and she had to keep him in check, from spending too much,

because someone might have an allergic reaction to elastoplast. :blink:

(Sticks bloody handy in the air and waves it around) Its not the elastoplast I'm allergic to its the adhesive, not good for someone who bleeds alot like me  :crazy:

my brothers allegic to elastoplast, gives him an ezema type rash.
GREKWORLD  :paranoid2:
----------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter. Add me on Facebook. Deviant art. My Blog

Offline No Head Ned

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »
My point is, if you are allergic to the adhesive, you won't use the elastoplast. So there is no need to remove it from the first aid kit, which, for everybody else, is bloody inconvenient. Literally.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »
It's also inconvenient if you suddenly discover that you are alergic to plasters that use a different adhesive to the ones you use at home...that is why they remove them from the kits so that they are not pursued through the courts.

Mind you, I'd rather have a reaction to a plaster than have blood p**sing out everywhere!
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »
It's also inconvenient if you suddenly discover that you are alergic to plasters that use a different adhesive to the ones you use at home...that is why they remove them from the kits so that they are not pursued through the courts.

Mind you, I'd rather have a reaction to a plaster than have blood p**sing out everywhere!
But you don't need to worry! Just superglue it! :P

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2008, 03:34:33 PM »
Drivers who scream up behind and hang on my bumper despite me travelling at the same speed as the four cars in front. :grrr:

Yes.  Indeed.  I've noticed a fair percentage of them are in white vans...
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline gi6ers

• Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
tap your brakes or slow down to 10mph less than the speed limit  (the latter is in the highway code to allow them to overtake but is good fun in traffic as they go mental and can do nothing about it) or if you are stationary stick it in reverse.  I drive up to 800 miles per week so I meet a lot of pondlife on the roads.

james sequeira

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »
I work at tescos, on the checkouts (ugh). anway i hate -

People who when i say hi they reply with you can start packing, no sign of a "please"

Ignorant asians, nothing against asians but 90% of the ones who shop at tescos are ignorant even the asian guys and women i work with think this. they dont talk to you, they just tell you do stuff or hold the other 9 customers up in your queue by standing there whilst you scan a 100 pound shop and then spend 10mins packing it or start messing around with vouchers or their card (even though they have been stood in the queue for 3mins). or complain that prices are wrong even thought its fuuking obvious they have label swapped on items.

People who dont speak a word of english and look at you like your werid.

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
I too work at Tesco, as a GA stacking shelves. And I hate so many things about it that I would require an entire week merely to write them out. My particular bugbear is people reaching over you on tip-toes when you're working on low shelves and dislodging stuff onto your head, without so much as a word of apology. Just ask me to move or wait, I'd much prefer that to the concussion induced by 4 pints of full fat milk dropping on my noggin.
Oh... and Grannies who attempt to shear off your legs at the knee with their wire baskets and then yell at you for being in their way.
And... no I'll stop there.
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline Toosh

• Dark Underlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
<snip>Ignorant asians, nothing against asians but 90% of the ones who shop at tescos are ignorant even the asian guys and women i work with think this <snip>.

Maybe what you mean is James that there are lots of ignorant people out there - regardless of race etc. Having had long experience of waiting in queues at Tescos (!) I know that anyone can stop to look for vouchers etc even though they have stood there whilst the shopping is scanned. Hell, I've even done it myself!!  But I wouldn't say I was ignorant..... :wink:
My body is a temple. The problem is, Buddha moved in

james sequeira

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2008, 06:45:06 PM »
Indeed toosh but this is what i find.

Offline Reaperman

• Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
I work at tescos, on the checkouts (ugh). anyway i hate -
I too work at Tesco, as a GA stacking shelves.

A quick suggestion.  Move to nightshift, no customers your own music and you can actually not get p***ed off by working at a super market.  This is coming from a Sainsburys employee so it might not work but its an idea.

Naa, I just use Sally and Andy's trick of adding super glue to the cut.  Only problem is my Heresy superglue seems to be running out rather fast :lol:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:04:13 PM by Reaperman »
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline gi6ers

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
Naa, I just use Sally and Andy's trick of adding super glue to the cut.  Only problem is my Heresy superglue seems to be running out rather fast  :lol:

That's what it was invented for so you are doing the right thing.

Offline Reaperman

• Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2008, 07:06:18 PM »
Naa, I just use Sally and Andy's trick of adding super glue to the cut.  Only problem is my Heresy superglue seems to be running out rather fast  :lol:

No, Heresy superglue was invented for sticking metal together, not wasting time and important glue by sticking my flesh back together.  What a waste, just think of the number of Netherlords I could have stuck together with that glue  8:::
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

james sequeira

« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2008, 07:56:48 PM »
ahh mine is a 24hr one craig, dam those 10pm finishes and 8am starts the next morning.

Offline Reaperman

• Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
Thats ok, just work through the night and say hello to all the drunks that come in  :thumbup:
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline Avicenna

• Slave to Paint
  • Global Moderator
  • Fallen One
  • Dragon #39... The perils of rock 'n roll decadence
    • View Profile
    • The Jolly Bodgers
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »

Just a quick note...

"Is it safe to use ordinary household cyanoacrylate glue as a medical glue?

According to Reference 7, most cyanoacrylate glues not designed specifically for medical use are formulated from methyl-2-cyanoacrylate, since it produces the strongest bond. Not only can such glues irritate the skin, during polymerization they can generate significant heat, to the point of causing skin burns. I gather this is a problem only if a large area of skin is affected. But to err on the side of safety, you should <snip> only use medically-approved glue, not the ordinary kind."

:wink:

(Ref 7. Quinn, J., & Kissack, J., "Tissue Adhesives for Laceration Repair During Sporting Events," Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 4 No. 4, 1994, p. 245)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:38:55 PM by Avicenna »
-Peter
My new Blog: http://www.jollybodgers.com

"...you describe yourself as an amateur. Don't forget that word comes from the French, meaning "lover of".
In artistic endeavours the very best results come from those who love what they do, whether or not they get paid for it "
-Bewildered Badger '07

Offline gi6ers

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »
 :hmmm

wuss!

I can't believe you used a proper reference.  :blink:

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
super glue for cuts :shock: working 24 hrs  :crazy:
not much to say about this.....

i used to stick my hands together with airfix glue and get headaches from the smell of it.
And i once did work experiance at the helicopter museum :shrug:

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
Things that really p** you off :
  • -23C overnight temperatures
  • Thermal underwear with no Y-front feature
  • Slow female snowmobile drivers

Offline Medved

• painter of little things
  • Dark Apprentice
  • look into my eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »
debt companies that give you cases to pursue through the courts but provide you with none of the relevant info to base a legal case on.

i have to spend x amount of time drafting up their evidence and then have it pulled to pieces when i find that either :

1. none of their evidence exists

or

2. it wasn't what they said but they tell me they've already provided me with exactly what happened 9which they clearly haven't because i keep probing for answers on it!)

:tantrum:
I don't have a catchphrase yet.............

Offline Avicenna

• Slave to Paint
  • Global Moderator
  • Fallen One
  • Dragon #39... The perils of rock 'n roll decadence
    • View Profile
    • The Jolly Bodgers
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »
debt companies

;)
-Peter
My new Blog: http://www.jollybodgers.com

"...you describe yourself as an amateur. Don't forget that word comes from the French, meaning "lover of".
In artistic endeavours the very best results come from those who love what they do, whether or not they get paid for it "
-Bewildered Badger '07

Offline eastman

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »
People who insist on pronouncing 'schedule' as 'skedule' and use the 'school' vs 'skool' argument to justify their wrong pronounciation....  :soapbox:

On your side of the pond, pronounce it your way. Over here, we'll pronounce it ours.
I used to think it was a terrible thing that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'what if life *were* fair, and all of the terrible things that happen to us came because we really deserved them?' Now I take great comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe - Marcus Cole (Babylon 5)

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
"Is it safe to use ordinary household cyanoacrylate glue as a medical glue?

According to Reference 7, most cyanoacrylate glues not designed specifically for medical use are formulated from methyl-2-cyanoacrylate, since it produces the strongest bond. Not only can such glues irritate the skin, during polymerization they can generate significant heat, to the point of causing skin burns. I gather this is a problem only if a large area of skin is affected. But to err on the side of safety, you should <snip> only use medically-approved glue, not the ordinary kind."

(Ref 7. Quinn, J., & Kissack, J., "Tissue Adhesives for Laceration Repair During Sporting Events," Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 4 No. 4, 1994, p. 245)

The heat effect is what I use to tell me when I've spilt superglue on my hand!

A great trick for those that don't know, superglue will also bond with water - so for those occasional large spills on the hands, water first helps with the heat, then it forms the superglue into a nice shell that is easily peeled off.  Of course, try not to spill superglue in the first place, but I know we've all done it ... ;)

Offline grekwood

• Grekky...of Grekworld
  • Nar na.. na na.. ner
    • View Profile
    • Grekworld
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »
People who insist on pronouncing 'schedule' as 'skedule' and use the 'school' vs 'skool' argument to justify their wrong pronounciation....  :soapbox:

On your side of the pond, pronounce it your way. Over here, we'll pronounce it ours.

yeah keep your color we like it with a u "colour" and keep your "Z" in the middle of words, we like our "S" in our civilisation, it is Sation all the way not Zation, and my mum is alway mum or maybe mam (if i'm in wales) never mom, shes mummy not mommy (but no bandages anywhere)

oh and lastly we wear pants under our trousers or trews in scotland, and shorts in summer not short pants. Oh it's a dummy a baby sucks on and they wear nappys.  :whistle:  :shrug:

:blink:

so sorry for the rant, i mean no harm. just i speak to some american friends and they never know what your talking about or say you spell it wrong. i mean one day i was speaking to an american girl about a female friend, i said my friend had a very nice horse (meaning her pet horse) she thought i meant she had a lovely something else :silly
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:21:29 PM by grekwood »