Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 619969 times)

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1475 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
Anaesthetists  :tantrum:

Most anal and miserable bunch of people i've ever met...

I appreciate that this is a gross generalisation and apologise to any anaesthetists present
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 15, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
Canada post is officially locked out.  Now I have to wait even longer for my toys from evilbay, and who knows what is going to happen to the furniature that I just ordered online yesterday.  Hopefully the furniature is being shipped via courier or transport company.

The biggest problem with the postal strike is that they want higher wages.  They don't give a #*%(&!^ @%&! that they are part of the reason for the cost of living going up all the time.  If they didn't make $20-$40 per hour... :tantrum:
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #1477 on: June 17, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
My Ahole Department boss, who yesterday declared that he was thinking of farming out the bulk of my group's workload to another department, without thinking of the consequences, or...you know...talking to us about the plan.

This because he's really only interested in, or even vaguely knowledgable, about the work done in one small section of our department, and doesn't give a flying f**k about the rest.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:46 PM »
The 3 inch wound on my shin caused by an uneven concrete storeroom floor at work..............
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 17, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »
I've got flu-style muscular aches, coupled with arthritis flaring in the arms and spine. Inaction beckons! :wry:
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #1480 on: June 18, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »
The 3 inch wound on my shin caused by an uneven concrete storeroom floor at work..............

"Compo!"

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 18, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »

"Compo!"

Yeah, milk it!  I once worked with a guy who got two weeks compo for a paper cut!  Talk about pansy @$$

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 20, 2011, 12:31:32 PM »
Been put on 8 antibiotic tablets a day for the infection in the leg wound  :grrr:
On the bright side they have told me to keep the weight off it until I go back to see the nurse on friday therefore no work for me !  :lalala:
(They didn't say I couldn't paint......)
It will be interesting to see how they cope - the other night shift worker is still off with her "stiff" neck, the manageress is in Portugal untill wednesday and one of the day shift is on a fortnights holiday. I bet the boss is gonna really miss me now..............

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 20, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »
Hopefully now they'll realise how much you do for them and stop taking you for granted.
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 20, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
Hopefully now they'll realise how much you do for them and stop taking you for granted.
I very much doubt it - but there is bugger all they can do about it !
The nurse said if I had left it another few days I might have ended up at the hospital rather than the Health centre minor injuries unit - to be perfectly honest I didn't think it looked THAT bad........... but then I don't like making a fuss  :roll: I was starting to get a bit concerned when she started talking about removing the scab with a scalpel so she could flush the wound - but they decided to leave it  :shock: :faint:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:58:06 PM by DRAGON »

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: June 21, 2011, 02:39:17 AM »
Started doing a redo in my house.  Pulled out the carpet, fir floors shot, back bedroom floor wet.  Traced cause to shoddy roof design.  Have to redesign the roof and put down a new floor.  Floor is easy roof is bad.

Offline tremorspin

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 21, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »
red tape. Needlessly long complex process for what should be simple affairs.

Offline fog99uk

• There's a 4 foot hight restriction don't ya know?
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #1487 on: June 21, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »
people who walk with massive umbrellas, in a busy city, on a narrow pavement, with the umbrella pulled right down in front of their face so they can't see where they're going. I got so pissed off with these people on my way home from work today I ended up shoving one of them into a road works hole.

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 22, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
Good on ya!!! that annoys me too especially when they are held so that the spikey bit is at eye level.

Offline fog99uk

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #1489 on: June 22, 2011, 11:55:17 AM »
I've gotten so fed up of people not watching where they're walking that I no longer try to get out of the way and just barge through them. I've found that Spanish tourists are the worst offenders.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 22, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
:lol:
A quite hefty young lady walked into me at the weekend and then proceeded to shout "Didn't you see me?"  "You're a bit hard to miss, love" I replied and beat a hasty retreat while she was still open-mouthed and speechless.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 22, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
:lol:
A quite hefty young lady walked into me at the weekend and then proceeded to shout "Didn't you see me?"  "You're a bit hard to miss, love" I replied and beat a hasty retreat while she was still open-mouthed and speechless.

Simply brilliant, well done.

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #1492 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
Re: people not watching where they're walking... Bloody mobile phone obsessives. Try doing one thing at a time you idiots, because you obviously can't manage two! Even more frightening when they get in a car and do the same thing.  :tantrum:
Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 23, 2011, 03:36:11 AM »
Talking/text messaging on a hand held phone while driving is now illegal in BC Canada.  I still see about 5 everyday.  Makes me wish I could wreck their phones.  Talking on a hands free device is legal while driving, I'm not sure that's much better.  There is a church in my town that had a sign that read: "Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet him"

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 23, 2011, 05:37:20 AM »
Even having your phone in your lap is illegal here now, let alone texting/talking, although you can talk on hands free.

Annoys the hell out of me that every time I walk past a car stopped at an intersection, I still see people playing with their phones!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 23, 2011, 05:48:47 AM »
Same here in NZ now. Still see loads doing it though. If you see them though you are meant to send a message a number, usually you are in your car when you see them though

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 23, 2011, 06:14:49 AM »
So you're in your car driving and you see someone texting, you text to report them, then someone else see you texting.... chain reaction resulting in multi-car pile-up! :lmao:

Seriously though, here in Australia you can report people for throwing rubbish and cigarette butts out of their car on the Environment Protection Authority website. I've done that quite a few times (especially lit cigarette butts in drought conditions, fire prone country ...idiots, the pollution is bad enough...). Wish you could do it for texters too.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 23, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »
Watching Balls of Steel and seeing some moronic Kiwis being really obnoxious, swearing and being complete tools. They do not represent my country! What they are doing isn't even funny. The guys had a cr*p show over here and have somehow managed to take part of it to the UK.  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1498 on: June 23, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
I've gotten so fed up of people not watching where they're walking that I no longer try to get out of the way and just barge through them.

Tempted to do that myself.  Or take them firmly by the shoulder and push them to one side like a door.  Especially when I'm walking along a main street and someone darts out of a pokey alley or side-street and cuts right in front of me (or into me).  Or daffy bints who think they have to walk 3-5 abreast and take up the whole width of the pavement like they're aliens from the Space Invaders arcade or something.
I'd say footpaths should have road markings too, but looking at the way most people drive I don't think it'd do much good.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline fog99uk

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
    • Project Log Blog
« Reply #1499 on: June 23, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
Bloody mobile phone obsessives. Try doing one thing at a time you idiots, because you obviously can't manage two! Even more frightening when they get in a car and do the same thing.  :tantrum:

Sometimes when I see someone on their phone while driving, usually when they're texting!!, I like to turn suddenly and stamp my foot just off the curb like I'm about to run across the road. It's great fun watching them panic and swerve all across the road trying to get the car back under control.