Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 637461 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1450 on: May 03, 2011, 02:01:51 AM »
The 'Rulk/tantrum kid' approach.  Very nice.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:55 AM »
Some of you may remember that two Xmas's ago my partner walked out on me for someone she had been having an internet affair with. She wouldn't talk to me and as far as she was concerned I no longer existed. So two and a half years later why has she hand delivered a nasty letter telling me how I should be living my life. Most of her ramblings seem to be based on false facts and assumptions, and non of them take into account the emotional trauma she inflicted.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1452 on: May 04, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »
some people are so caught up in themselves they have no regard for how their behaviour would affect someone else, my ex was exactly the same. 

they think distance (time or physical) gives them the right to say what they want simply because "they want to say it so why shouldnt they".  Unfortunately this seems to be a characteristic most places nowdays, in the Uk the culture seems to be "i want to do it and i will" or " if you dont like it then it is your problem not mine", people generally take the proverbial. ..reminds me of a saying my grandad used to say "give them an inch and they will take a mile".

ignore her letter and if she sends any more then just return them un-opened, i took legal advice about this back in October last year.  bullies hate to be ignored but what they want most is a reaction from you.  if you dont open the letter and send it back un-opened then you are denying her the reaction that she wants and ultimately you are back in control of your feelings.

i was brought up to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" so as i set myself these kinds of standards it always shocks me how selfish other people can be when tampering with other peoples lives and feelings.

remind yourself that you are better off without her if that is what she is like deep down and be thankful you didnt see that side of her whilst you were together.

then go to your lead mountain and paint some toy soldiers!

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #1453 on: May 04, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
@Graeme - A lot of this depends on how you feel about the situation in the first place, but my feeling is that if she's only just sending you a letter now after two and a half years then I reckon she's either bored and want's to get a rise out of you, or she's not as over you as she thought and bitter about it. Either way ignore it like Sally says. I wouldn't bother sending any subsequent letters back tho, that's still a reaction. Read them if you want, don't if you don't, but don't give the satisfaction of her thinking she's important enough to hurt you any more

Offline Gangrel

• Scientist Supreme
  • Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 04, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
Graeme - I'm not about to give you any advice, but for several years I used to get letters from an ex of mine. I'd hear nothing for a couple of years, then she'd send a friendly letter (pre-email days). I'd reply thinking 'no point being bitter'; we'd exchange a couple of letters then I'd get one from her explaining (in no uncertain terms) how useless I was, how she was better with current man, etc., etc. I had about 3 cycles of this and then I sent her a letter just explaining that she had done this before and, to quote Willow, 'Bored now!' I've not heard from her in many years now, which is fine.

My point (such as it is) is that she's the one making in the running, so, I'd suggest, she's the one with theissues here. She feels the need to put the knife in, not you. So what must her life be like? How bad can it be? I know things are never easy or comfortable with events like these going on, but try and get on with your life, do the stuff you want to do, with the people you want to be with. She's got to learn to carry here own baggage and you're not her pack horse.

I know it's easier said than done, but stick the kettle on and (as Sally said), get stuck into the lead mountain. Let her waste time and postage if she must, but that's her worry, not yours.

All the best,
Mike
"That's interesting. Horses don't USUALLY explode, no matter how hard you hit them."

Hellboy - "Wake the Devil", Mike Mignola

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: May 05, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
Thanks everyone, I had already decided the best thing was to ignore her. I could never trust her again after the way she treated me.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
I must be getting old - my current stint of 12 night shifts in a row is killing me  :(
I am currently in a fog - hell I haven't even logged on here for 4 days !
4 more to go then 2 days off - followed by 7 in a row  :roll:
Anyone got a job where I can sit in the corner quietly and mind my own bussiness ?
 - willing to work for food and a place to kip !  :lol:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1457 on: May 14, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »
Anyone got a job where I can sit in the corner quietly and mind my own bussiness ?

MP?
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 17, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »

MP?

:applause:
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 18, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »
 :swear: This is no longer funny...............I was supposed to have 2 days off - I now have to work !  :faint:
Apparently my counterpart who covers the shifts when I'm not there has hurt her back and produced a doctors note at 10 am this morning -cheers for the notice !  :hmmm
Funnily enough I heard this from a friend of hers the end of last week so why wait until 12 hours before the start of the shift to let us know ?
To top it all we still havent been paid (only 4 days late) as the boss is changing banks and accountants and there has been some sort of cock up with the BACS payments   :roll:
She has promised me cash tomorrow - I just hope she has enough in the safe - she owes me for 259 hours last month , and will get me some cover for friday night...........
13 nights and counting.............. !

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 18, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
You could always say no.
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 18, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »
I suppose you are right but it's not in my nature to leave people in the lurch - I just get on with it and have a good moan in the process - just a shame the other w**kers I work with don't have the same attitude !  :whistle:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 19, 2011, 04:37:44 AM »
That really sucks, Dragon.  Got any holidays coming up?

My current gripe is new-hire young kids who don't check and drive my forklifts around the yard with the hand brake on!  Nevermind the fact that it was the 2011 model that we just got in February, custom ordered by the way.  I may not be an owner or even a share holder in the company, but it falls to me to repair break-downs and do preventive maintenance on 4 forklifts and 4 trucks, one of each per week.  C'mon kids the saying goes 'help me help you'.  I bet these kids have NO idea how much it costs or how much work it is to do a brake job on a forklift.  They like to spin tires too.  I just put a new set of tires on one lift, not too long ago.  About $3000 CAD for a set, plus the shop fee for labour to have a machine shop use their 100 ton press to install them. 

Inso I bet you can relate to this, you're a wrench puller, aren't you (but for flying blenders)?

Half penny spent, I will now move on.

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline alrith72

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 19, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »
I suppose you are right but it's not in my nature to leave people in the lurch - I just get on with it and have a good moan in the process - just a shame the other w**kers I work with don't have the same attitude !  :whistle:

I understand as i'm the same, but the trouble is the more you say yes the more people will take you for granted  :(
Paintoff Results- Won-0 Lost-2 (D'oh!)

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 19, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »
I understand as i'm the same, but the trouble is the more you say yes the more people will take you for granted  :(

Aint that the Feckin' truth.

My works the same.

Not to mention that on top of it - the more you know how to do, the more you get crapped on.  We have people that only do one thing and get away with murder. But those of us that have been arsed to learn how to do multiple things get moaned at if we're too busy doing our primary job to do anything else.
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1465 on: May 24, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
Web forums with no delete or edit buttons.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 24, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »

Saw this on FB and realised how true it is and how much it pi**es me off to know that it is true.

The ironic truth

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks. They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out. They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance. Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose. They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education. Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request. Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens. Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls. There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay 600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.  
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:12:35 PM by libertee »

Offline Bergil

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 24, 2011, 04:57:20 PM »

Saw this on FB and realised how true it is and how much it pi**es me off to know that it is true.

The ironic truth

This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks. They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out. They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance. Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose. They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education. Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request. Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens. Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls. There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay 600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.  

Tell me about it!

I'm annoyed that the thug that broke my jaw a couple of months ago is already enjoying this luxurious service  :tantrum:

Give me the thug, a baseball bat and five minutes! Then when I'm finished with him they can hand him over to junior surgeons who require some practice. Far cheaper than court and bed and breakfast for several years.

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 24, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »
That is so true and so wrong  :swear:

Offline Gothy Beans

• Caged in Chaos
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • GothyBeans Web Comic
« Reply #1469 on: May 25, 2011, 03:43:52 AM »

The ironic truth

Having worked in a bog-standard nursing home in Lancashire, I pray I die young enough to avoid the experience.

I got told off for giving one lady a cuddle after she thanked me for doing up her cardigan correctly. She had arthritis and couldn't grip buttons.
I got in trouble for sneaking a cup of tea for another confused soul I found drinking water out of a latticework plant holder. It was like a punishment out of Greek mythology, every time she tipped it to her mouth, the water disappeared out of the holes.
I got told off for sneaking more tea (and a spoon!) up to the room of an quiet Italian woman who spoke no English and had not understanding of what kind of bedlam she had just landed in. Most of my telling offs involved tea.
I got in more trouble for holding a 108 year old woman's hand after she fell and hit her head and was bleeding/crying, because I might have somehow rubbed my face in the blood and caught HIV.
All of these times they had been completely alone and I just happened to be passing. God only knows how many times little things like this go completely unseen.

The thing that sticks with me most was how few people I ever saw come visit, and how resigned everyone was to accepting this. There was no hopeful waiting around, no grandkids appearing after school kicked out, no expectation. Just shelves of people in little grey rooms, and brains switching off. Nothing to do, it kills the mind. You watch people become nothing.
Once I went into a woman's room and discovered she had been an art teacher, an active artist when she came to the home. She was still painting and drawing when she arrived. Then the surroundings gradually wore her down or complete lack of stimulation caused whatever little bits inside her brain to stop moving... Or maybe it's the best coping mechanism to just shut off. Either way, after 9 months there was nothing of her left in there. She walked in circles and repeated bits of sentences back to you. I caught her mindlessly moving people's things from one room to another. "Oh, she does that."

I'm not saying that homes cause dementia, or that these things wouldn't happen elsewhere... I guess I'm just saying that poorly managed homes are a catalyst to shutting off the brains of abandoned people... If someone shut me in a small grey building with nothing to do and nobody to really talk to, with no prospect of leaving, I daresay I'd be a vegetable inside a year.

Oh right, things that piss me off... My neighbours climbed up on my roof and cut down my TV aerial on Sunday, without asking. Because it was rattling in the wind and it was mine. Because they are insane and self-righteous. Possibly also because Gangrel said he wasn't going to climb up on my roof in a gale to deal with it at 11am on Sunday after they demanded he do something about it.
Now my landlord (who has just given birth this week) has to arrange someone to put it back again on a different wall, fix the now rattling tiles they knocked whilst fannying about up there, and I bl**** well hope she bills them for damages.
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »
Work......... again ! We had a site visit and got a really bad score putting the manageress in a really bad mood - hence a really snotty note about people not doing their jobs properly. Thing is the things she accused the night shift (me in other words)  of not doing (such as checking bins, cleaning toilet etc and restocking) I do - what happens in the 14 hours I'm not there I can hardly be held responsible for........ try the other 4 staff members who work during the day...........  :roll: I have started taking photos at the start of my shift of the state of the place and one at the end with it all clean tidy and correct - at least I have time and date evidence to prove it !
On the bright side the absent night shift worker was due back on friday and waited until 5 hours before the start of the shift to produce another doctors note - they tried to ring me but I ignored my phone and the manageress got dragged in  to cover - I have also told them straight that I am not covering anymore this month as she has another 4 days of holiday booked - time she finally gets back it will be getting on for 2 months off !
I feel so much better for finally saying no !  :lol:

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »
I feel so much better for finally saying no !  :lol:

High five for that, Dragon.  Good idea on the take pics part too.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 03, 2011, 04:57:07 AM »
 :metoo: Well done on that!

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 04, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »
'nil carborundum illegitimi'  :thumbup:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 05, 2011, 02:22:43 AM »
 :tantrum: Neighbours again!!!! First day when the sun is shining they decide to light a bonfire. The smoke fills our house and covers the washing on the line. Yesterday would have been fine. It was overcast but not raining.  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: (They're the ones I think are also filling up our bin with their own stuff)