Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 620001 times)

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1425 on: April 25, 2011, 03:43:28 AM »
Royal weddings.

Or, 'cos I don't mind Wills and Kate getting hitched and more power to them (in a figurative sense): everyone and their granny jumping on the royal wedding bandwagon in order to sell tat or use up airtime.

Anything that starts "To celebrate the royal wedding, we're offering..." sets my teeth on edge.  Too obviously translates as "This has bugger-all to do with any wedding.  We just want you to give us your money."
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 25, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »
Mini's from wargames factory. Does have to cross an ocean, but things usually only take about 7 working days to arrive from the UK to halfway around the world with just budget airmail postage. I'll just be patient, it's not an unusual time to wait to be honest.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1427 on: April 25, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »
Mini's from wargames factory. Does have to cross an ocean, but things usually only take about 7 working days to arrive from the UK to halfway around the world with just budget airmail postage. I'll just be patient, it's not an unusual time to wait to be honest.

With all of the commotion that has been going on at WF, I would just be glad to receive them at all!  I would expect a certain amount of delay due to the backlog they had to clear post the take-over.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1428 on: April 25, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
people taking the p**s.  give someone an inch and they run with a f*****g mile and then moan cos they got caught.

people chasing an order placed on thursday morning (day before bank holiday) and then asking why it isnt in France yet on BH monday...hey forget about the fact that it is easter weekend and the whole country has stopped

when you help someone out and they dont even have the manners to say "thank you"

being taken for granted, assuming that it will be okay to do 'x, y , z' simply because i usually turn a blind eye and give a bit of leeway .. well guess what, no more leeway
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:00:45 AM by libertee »
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #1429 on: April 25, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
Royal weddings.

Or, 'cos I don't mind Wills and Kate getting hitched and more power to them (in a figurative sense): everyone and their granny jumping on the royal wedding bandwagon in order to sell tat or use up airtime.

Anything that starts "To celebrate the royal wedding, we're offering..." sets my teeth on edge.  Too obviously translates as "This has bugger-all to do with any wedding.  We just want you to give us your money."

You think you've got it bad...we had to go through all this rigmaorle last year when Crown Princess Victoria got married...and now there's every sign that the Swedish media - whose lust for petty gossip tops even the redtops (though in fairness, the journalism doesn't sink to quite the same depths) - are gearing up to give us a full week of uninterrupted Wills n' Kate.

TBH I think they're just POd that he didn't choose Princess Madeline of Sweden (who is a looker, but doesn't give the impression of being the brightest young woman around.)
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 25, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »
TBH I think they're just POd that he didn't choose Princess Madeline of Sweden (who is a looker, but doesn't give the impression of being the brightest young woman around.)

Reeeeally? Do you have her number?
;)
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 25, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »

With all of the commotion that has been going on at WF, I would just be glad to receive them at all!  I would expect a certain amount of delay due to the backlog they had to clear post the take-over.

They did say on their website they had cleared the backlog of orders. There plastics are pretty cheap though so if it doesn't turn up it's not a big loss.

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #1432 on: April 25, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »

Reeeeally? Do you have her number?
;)

http://linkrandom.blogspot.com/2011/04/people-i-like-princess-madeleine-of.html

No.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 25, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
neighbours, don't know which ones but I have my suspicions, that use my rubbish bin to fill up with their rubbish. Wouldn't mind if they asked, but a bit of politeness goes a long way. Think I've ranted about this before.

Offline Webby

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 25, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »
neighbours, don't know which ones but I have my suspicions, that use my rubbish bin to fill up with their rubbish. Wouldn't mind if they asked, but a bit of politeness goes a long way. Think I've ranted about this before.

Time for a booby trap me thinks... make the bin into a giant jack-in-a-box. That should give them second thoughts

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 25, 2011, 11:27:41 PM »
electrify it with a car battery..., or rig it so that something makes a huge noise when they open it, or do what a co-worker did when something kept making a mess inside and outside his house.  Set up a camera to take a pic every 30 seconds or so.  In his case it was raccoons coming in the cat door.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 26, 2011, 02:14:36 AM »
It could be racoons, I checked what was in the bin as I had more stuff to put in and saw that it was stuff that should have been left out for recycling. We all know that racoons are the laziest recyclers in the world. Hmmm now where is the nearest zoo with racoons to me, they've got some splainin to do.

Gomez Addams

« Reply #1437 on: April 26, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »
Not being able to get on the FOD for a week - seriously, tried resubmitting the info, secret question, the works, nothing.

Offline Nosferatu

• Dark Lord
  • For Grek
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pbase.com/nosferatu/
« Reply #1438 on: April 26, 2011, 11:29:42 PM »
We all know that racoons are the laziest recyclers in the world. Hmmm now where is the nearest zoo with racoons to me, they've got some splainin to do.

:lmao
Heron Island photos done! See blog...

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 27, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
Having all my details stolen from the PlayStation network including *possibly* my debit card details and purchase history etc.  :swear:

Sony took over a week to decide to divulge this info to it's users... Oh wait I mean divulge this info if you happen to be following the PlayStation Blog or reading 3rd party gaming sites, still haven't had any official emails or anything.  :applause:  :roll:
Wargaming: call it what you want, they're still toy soldiers and you're still playing with them.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: April 27, 2011, 07:35:46 PM »
Having all my details stolen from the PlayStation network including *possibly* my debit card details and purchase history etc.  :swear:

Sony took over a week to decide to divulge this info to it's users... Oh wait I mean divulge this info if you happen to be following the PlayStation Blog or reading 3rd party gaming sites, still haven't had any official emails or anything.  :applause:  :roll:

:metoo: ( But with an angry pi**ed off face rather than a smiley one. )

:tantrum:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:36:32 PM by Tasker »
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1441 on: April 30, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
I hate waiting for polystyrene glue to dry...I also hate waiting for green-stuff to dry...

I want to get stuff done but I have to occupy myself while I have to wait :( .

...that and I am having real trouble with breathing at the moment :) ...
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #1442 on: April 30, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
Queen's Park Rangers.

Fantasy Football Junkie.

Offline LazarusKing

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 02, 2011, 02:12:04 AM »
People that throw a balled up wad of sweaty notes at you when you're working the till.  You know what?  If you give me too much, I'm not going to say anything.  Mine now.
Lazbot KILL!!!!

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 02, 2011, 06:14:26 AM »
People that throw a balled up wad of sweaty notes at you when you're working the till.  You know what?  If you give me too much, I'm not going to say anything.  Mine now.

Split it with ya! (you gotta clean it first...ew)

Well around here the money doesn't get sweaty, it just gets smelly at harvest time.  Not everyone's feelin cool and groovy for the dutchie mon. :lmao

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 02, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
:metoo: or when you hold your hand out for the money and they just dump it on the counter - love the look on their face when I return the favour with the smallest denomination in coins with the change !  :whistle:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 02, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »
looking daggers at you when you check the notes they`ve just given you as change, seconds after they have just done the same to you.
a happy dauber

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 02, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
last day of  an 11 day holiday  :blub:, back to the highways and byways tomorrow  :tantrum:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
last day of  an 11 day holiday  :blub:, back to the highways and byways tomorrow  :tantrum:

I feel your pain, but I don't think I've ever had an 11 day-er.  7 max, I think.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #1449 on: May 03, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »
This is me after a couple days of trying to stick Malifaux minis together.

Actually, this might be more like it.

minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'