Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 624512 times)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1225 on: September 14, 2010, 07:40:34 PM »
yes yes yes yes yes!!! even worse when someone is behind you too who then hits into the back of you, escalator sandwich
That is preciesly why I steer clear of the evil things - my balance aint great due to mild cerebal palsy - stairs or lifts are the only way forward !  :yup:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline alchemist

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 15, 2010, 01:28:29 AM »
yes yes yes yes yes!!! even worse when someone is behind you too who then hits into the back of you, escalator sandwich
That is preciesly why I steer clear of the evil things - my balance aint great due to mild cerebal palsy - stairs or lifts are the only way forward !  :yup:
Surely up or down rather than forward. :wink:

And lifts are not without their own problems, especially the one where I work which has a mind of its own (I swear it's one of those Sirius Cybernetics jobs).  Today it decided it was going to get into the habit of going to one floor above whichever button was pushed.  Just trying to mess with everyone's heads, I'm sure.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1227 on: September 15, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »
Threats! Especially when they are thinly veiled as nonthreats.
Getting told that "I have friends who are relly relly dangerous who want to hurt you (yugoslavian mob) but I've told them not to"
What kind of a feckin chicken thing is that to say to someone? :grrr:

It's very chicken.
In the war-torn darkness of the future, there is only Grymn.

Deep Space Nine: Officially not as good as Stargate.

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 16, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »
Fashions nowadays. Stupid tight trousers with low crotches that ride too low on the arse and are too short on the leg, stupid hairstyles that have extreme partings and mega comb-overs that require all but those with the straightest hair to use straighteners stupid flat shoes that look like slippers (it's raining, kiddies, put something substantial on your plates you muppets!) and stupid neck beards and sidies.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:57:14 PM by libertee »

If you field an overwhelming force against a paltry number of defenders, whatever you do, make sure the defenders are not English!

Offline Klute

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »
(it's raining, kiddies, put something substantial on your plates you muppets!)

Oh I get that one alright. Add coats and hats to it.

Bodhi

« Reply #1230 on: September 16, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
Fashions nowadays. Stupid tight trousers with low crotches that ride too low on the arse and are too short on the leg, stupid hairstyles that have extreme partings and mega come-overs that require all but those with the straightest hair to use straighteners stupid flat shoes that look like slippers (it's raining, kiddies, put something substantial on your plates you muppets!) and stupid neck beards and sidies.

Wish I had a pic of my daughter now. She's the spitting image of "Tank girl" for the moment :-), haircut and all.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 16, 2010, 08:56:13 AM »
That's a good look :yup:

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 16, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
The stupid cow who stood at the night pay hatch and sneezed all over the window and claimed it wasn't her fault as she had a cold  :eh: - never heard of turning your head or putting your hand up love ? Oh and her brain dead moron of a boyfriend who called me every name under the sun and threatened to rip my head off because she changed her mind 3 times and I refused to serve them - as if the phlem running down the window wasn't enough reason  :roll:
Apparently they were going to report me - It really wound them up when I wrote down the phone number and my name !  :lol:
I will give the boyfriend his due he came back 20 minutes later and apologised for losing his temper and actually cleaned the window off - still I shouldn't have to crap like that in the first place ! :hmmm

Bodhi

« Reply #1233 on: September 16, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't get angry easily but people who lose their temper over trivia like that. They just have NO place in a civilised society. I have very liitle but contempt for people who think they have the right to lose their temper over every least offence and start throwing threats about. I despise them totally and utterly. I know I've worked with kids with aggresion problems for eight years and I certainly don't despise THEM. But adult - so called "normal" people" behaving like that out of some bisarre notion of "manliness" or what not... They make me sick! Manliness is to have some degree of control over ones emotions. Being ADULT is to have some degree of control over ones emotions.
Not by suppresion but by knowing oneself and listening to oneself.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:26:42 PM by Bodhi »

Offline Lorbaat

• Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 17, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »
I billed one of my speedier clients yesterday, I wonder which check will reach me first.  Theoretically they are coming from the same Accounts Payable department....

For those keeping score at home, not only did the other check- for more money- reach me first, but the next day (that would be yesterday) I received an email from my delinquent client asking me to FAX (FAX!) the entire invoice to a third party, only giving me their FAX number- so I can't even doublecheck to see the Invoice made it.

I swear to god if this hadn't been a real resume-builder I would be incredibly honked off (as opposed to the mild annoyance you see before you now).

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
Fashions nowadays. Stupid tight trousers with low crotches that ride too low on the arse and are too short on the leg, stupid hairstyles that have extreme partings and mega comb-overs that require all but those with the straightest hair to use straighteners stupid flat shoes that look like slippers (it's raining, kiddies, put something substantial on your plates you muppets!) and stupid neck beards and sidies.

i reckon you are just jealous as all trousers are too long on you and you have no hair to comb-over
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Twosoc

« Reply #1236 on: September 17, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »
what's really annoying me at the mo is now the weathers turned colder the butter starts to rip the bleedin bread when you try to spread it.  Spreadable my eye.  I can't believe its not better. :(

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 18, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
 :lmao:

Offline Orctrader

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • ~ Orctrader's Painted Miniatures ~
« Reply #1238 on: September 18, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
what's really annoying me at the mo is now the weathers turned colder the butter starts to rip the bleedin bread when you try to spread it.  Spreadable my eye.  I can't believe its not better. :(

:roll:

http://www.orctrader.co.uk  See some nice painted miniatures.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1239 on: September 18, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »
...not having enough port to cheer me up...

...I don't think there is enough anywhere...
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 19, 2010, 12:26:38 AM »
Have you tried the dock... or the port.. sorry, I'll get my coat.

laughter is the best medicine, but only if it's funny
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:10:21 PM by beefcake »

Offline Seamus Muadhen

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 19, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
 :swear:  Last weekend I drove home with my brother to visit with our dad who was dying.  From North Carolina where we live to Texarkana Arkansas is about 950 miles and we drove in shifts straight through for just over 13 hours to get there.  We had stopped at a truck stop to grab some gas, get a bite and take a break and were then leaving.  I was behind semi with large trailer who had to swing wide to get onto the on ramp for the Interstate.  He went really wide, wide enough that if I had wanted to be an jerk, I could have floored it and gotten in front of him.  However, I'm the patient sort and blocked the right lane and gave him plenty of room to complete his turn.  This jerk comes roaring up behind me in large SUV (I was driving a small Kia Spectra) so I know he was high enough to see the semi.  He starts blowing his horn half a block back because I was stopped then has to hit his brakes so hard his tires squeal to stop.  

Anyway, I let the truck finish its turn while this jerk continues to blow his horn.  I guess he doesn't realize I just saved him from getting crunched.  If I had thought fast enough, I would have pulled over to the left and let him go straight through just as the truck finished its turn but I didn't.  Its 3 AM and the three vehicles get up to highway speed I told my brother to watch and learn.  The semi had a speed limit of 60 mph at night and had to stay in the right lane.  I got in the left lane and pulled up even with the truck drivers cab thus blocking the road for Mr. In A Hurry in the black SUV.  I got the truckers attention and my brother yelled out that the SUV needed in a lesson in manners.  We went for ten miles with the SUV riding my bumper before I went on around the truck and cleared the lane.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 01:18:16 PM by Seamus Muadhen »
Seamus Muadhen
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss other people.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Bodhi

« Reply #1242 on: September 20, 2010, 09:02:35 AM »
As of tonight Sweden has a racist party holding positions in parlament   :grrr: This really really makes me angry! And I don't wish to start  a political discussion. sorry... Just venting.

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 20, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »
:swear:  Last weekend I drove home with my brother to visit with our dad who was dying.  
I feel sorry for you Seamus. My deepest condolences.
We are blind to the world within us

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 20, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »
As of tonight Sweden has a racist party holding positions in parlament   :grrr: This really really makes me angry! And I don't wish to start  a political discussion. sorry... Just venting.
We were looking with attention at your vote day Bodhi. This morning the comment here is: ok, another right / extreme right wing politic formation, but FAR from the excess of our Lega, or Sarko late actions. Not to mention right wing in Austria.
Or not?
We are blind to the world within us

Bodhi

« Reply #1245 on: September 20, 2010, 09:18:55 AM »
Time will tell. They're formed on the remnants of far more extreme neonazi parties but have had a cleanup act going for the past six years or so...

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 20, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
:swear:  Last weekend I drove home with my brother to visit with our dad who was dying.  
I feel sorry for you Seamus. My deepest condolences.

Ditto. Sorry to hear that, Don.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 20, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
What's getting me annoyed right this very minute is BT. We have a fault on our line, meaning we can't phone out and the broadband is slower than a slow thing (no Battlefield for me :blub:), I think it's a signal loss thing between our house and the exchange. Of course, we can't report the fault because we can't phone out and for some reason BT aren't taking calls from Sal's mobile and we can't report it online.

As "Things that piss you off" go, it's very minor considering what we've been through in the last few months, but it still narks me off.

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #1248 on: September 20, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »
Kev, use the Hasslefree twitter account to report it to @btcare, give them your phone number details and they will look into it (after a day or two, though, they seem to be swamped with complaints) I've just done this with my bt broadband business account (to @btbusiness if anyone cares)

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Likes to think he's an
  • Administrator
  • KEVINICUS - FIR MEIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 20, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
We have a Twitter account? :erm: