Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 636294 times)

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1125 on: May 19, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
Working in a hospital lab, I see the bad side - samples coming in from cancer patients, especially children, etc - but never the positive, recovery side. I never see the ending - happy or sad. Whether that is a blessing or a curse...I don't know.
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Bodhi

« Reply #1126 on: May 19, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
Being stood up  :x And by that I mean ten minutes delay or more. If they can't be on time then f*ck them I say. A meeting set at 15.00 means everybody should show up at 16.50 at the latest. 15.01 is a disaster and 15.10 I'm gone.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1127 on: May 19, 2010, 06:38:12 PM »
I think our visiting, stray cat  is going to die very soon.  He was in really great condition upto a month or so ago (we have been feeding and grooming him...not to mention giving him loads of fuss) but has since lost condition at an alarming rate :(.

What really p****s me off is the fact he won't let me put him in the cat carrier so I can get him to the vets....He is going to starve to death and there is nothing I can do about it :(.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

greenstuff_gav

« Reply #1128 on: May 19, 2010, 11:59:03 PM »
having slugged my guts out tidying up after hte night shift, finished the morning shifts' work, done my own work and 1/2 the night shifts work in advance, he turns up and points to the rest of his work "aint gonna do that. leave it for hte morning shift"  :tantrum:
wait till i see my boss tomorrow  :tantrum:

then i get home and i can't figure out why Win7 wont talk to WinXP  :blub:

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 20, 2010, 06:55:08 AM »
Sounds like my work - early shift are asked to do something and don't bother, late shift won't do it because the early shift were asked to do it so I end up doing it on my night shift 24 hrs later !  :roll:  :tantrum:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 21, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »
left work at 14.30 yesterday and all they had to do was put the delivery notes on for my first drop simple.
Got to work this morning a 04.40 did my check of my lorry and then went to get the paperwork  :shock: NOT put on, (this is the third time in as many weeks) thought WTF and set out on the 1 hour 40 min drive up to j28 on the M1 (turned right not left so no early calls)  :boing: lucky me they took the delivery. next 6 jobs take me back south back at the factory for 11.40 due to finish at 12.30. Lorry due for MOT next week so at 12.15 i took it over to Peterborough 1 hour away,  :tantrum: they forgot to tell someone to come and pick me up :tantrum: he finally got there at 16.00 back at the factory for 17.00, nice easy day with an early finish i had planed shot to bits by some one to busy surfing the net to pass on a message, rant over i feel better now
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 22, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
I think our visiting, stray cat  is going to die very soon.  He was in really great condition upto a month or so ago (we have been feeding and grooming him...not to mention giving him loads of fuss) but has since lost condition at an alarming rate :(.

What really p****s me off is the fact he won't let me put him in the cat carrier so I can get him to the vets....He is going to starve to death and there is nothing I can do about it :(.

Will the vet not come to you? It is horrible when they just lose condition like that  :(
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1132 on: May 22, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
We don't let the cat in the house (it is VERY unpredictable) so we couldn't say when he would be about...

...I'm just thinking along the lines of 'he's had a good winter of being fed and having a shelter built for him...not to mention the fuss he's had' and leaving it at that (as gutting as that is :( ).
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Bergil

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 24, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
My Mother disowning me after accusing the misses of stealing from her bag for the umpteenth time.

Although when I come to think of it it is no bad thing, the woman drives em insane. :boing:

Wildheart

« Reply #1134 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »
Getting my shins and ankles severely sunburnt at the weekend (even though I had factor 50 sunscreen on), only to suffer blistering and tightening of the skin with a pain that I can only analogise as tooth ache in the legs.
I am in agony!  :blub:

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 26, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »
Last nights 9.5 hour shift turning into a 12.5 one due to BP cocking up the fuel delivery schedule and giving us 2 tankers in 11 hours ! Thank god I only have 2 shifts left before my 16 days off !  :lalala:

weirdwolf

« Reply #1136 on: May 26, 2010, 08:06:47 PM »
Getting my shins and ankles severely sunburnt at the weekend (even though I had factor 50 sunscreen on), only to suffer blistering and tightening of the skin with a pain that I can only analogise as tooth ache in the legs.
I am in agony!  :blub:

Sorry mate I had to titter when I read this....Mad dogs & Englishmen & all that my old sun... :wink:

Rub natural yogurt onto it & let it dry on....honest it really works... :thumbup:

Last nights 9.5 hour shift turning into a 12.5 one due to BP cocking up the fuel delivery schedule and giving us 2 tankers in 11 hours ! Thank god I only have 2 shifts left before my 16 days off !  :lalala:

16 days off, you jammy get... :wink: :lol:

Hubert

« Reply #1137 on: May 28, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »
Attempting to help the girls in politics. And getting no recognition or thanks for my time.

I'm the politics set's resident 'genius & geek', politics is something that I've been interested in since I was 10. I don't have to help them, but I do. I guess I'm just that kind of person. My thanks? Wee-wee taking, behind my back.

Well, we've just finished our last AS politics exam. No more help from me. I'm going to sit back, relax, and watch them try and put on their own revision times.  :thumbup:

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #1138 on: May 28, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »
Still having to work at one job, whilst you're really waiting for a reply on that interview you had earlier in the week  :?

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 28, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »
Are you trying to change job again? Good Luck mate!
We are blind to the world within us

weirdwolf

« Reply #1140 on: May 28, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
Still having to work at one job, whilst you're really waiting for a reply on that interview you had earlier in the week  :?

The waiting game is a real pain...but as they  (who ever they are) say 'no news is good news'... :scratchhead: :D

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »

The waiting game is a real pain...but as they  (who ever they are) say 'no news is good news'... :scratchhead: :D
:lmao: same here. Nessuna nuova, buona nuova.
We are blind to the world within us

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
« Reply #1142 on: June 01, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
having 48 hours away from the house/kids/work and then within an hour of being back it feels as if you have never been away.  24 hours later and it is all a distant memory..................

good luck on the job Dave
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

weirdwolf

« Reply #1143 on: June 03, 2010, 12:10:28 AM »
having 48 hours away from the house/kids/work and then within an hour of being back it feels as if you have never been away.  24 hours later and it is all a distant memory..................

The holiday/day off blues are a real  :swear:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 03, 2010, 01:53:43 AM »
And the last 12 hours of the 48 hours are always thoughts of "back to it tomorrow... sigh"

on a side note, I have an annoying kid in my class bugging me about complete bull**** right as I'm writing this on my lunchbreak. GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's gone....

Hooray

Offline The mattster

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 03, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »

Doing Tax returns.  :swear: . It takes ages and I don't even want to pay tax. I wonder if they'll let me off this year? :whistle:

Also not getting payed! I work bloody hard, long hours, in nasty conditions and companies think they don't have to pay. Then the Boss turns up in a new merc!? I'm still waiting for pay from April! I couldn't even buy stuff at salute.  :tantrum:

I feel a bit better now.

Offline Lurching Dead

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 03, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »
I hate the fact that because I rent my house, everything that needs maintaining in it seems to be MY fault and not just usual wear and tear.

I have been in the house for 5 years now and I have finally managed to get my landlord to come round and list all the many things that have needed doing for ages, such as all the doors needed planing to fit the frames, and some handles and hinges needed replacing etc. According to the workman, this is because on some of the doors we have stuff hanging on them and is absolutely nothign to do with the fact that they are over 30 years old! Ignore the fact that these issues were there BEFORE we moved in.

Our shower stopped working as it was clogged with limescale inside where it heats it's water. Workman: "Well you are a high usage family (I have one shower a day and my 2 older kids once every other day) and you have the shower's too hot, so what do you expect?" I'm sorry mate, I didn't realise that using the shower once a day was a large expectation. Also, I don't have the heat setting even half way as hot as it can go, so how is that too hot. If I followed his expectations then there would be no point having the damn thing!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, it's nothing to do with the fact that we live in a really hard water area and the limescale filter he is now talking about fitting should have been fitted in the first place when the damn thing was installed... by him.

What a *$*$*$* !!!  :tantrum:

Feel mildly better now.
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her." W.C. Fields

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 03, 2010, 09:08:25 PM »
Everyone wants to place the blame on someone else though especially when it was their fault in the first place. He may have assumed that tennants were going to have cold water showers :lmao: yeah right!

Offline DRAGON

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 03, 2010, 09:23:44 PM »
I bumped into a customer today who gleefully informed me I was going to be out of a job soon because BP is going to go bust for (and I quote) "what you have done in Mexico with that oil thing"
Me personally ?  :scratchhead: I work in a bloody petrol station and it's the Gulf of Mexico - moron  :roll:

And I thought I had got away from the idiots for a fortnight !
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:26:11 PM by DRAGON »

Offline Penfold

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • ooh-ech
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 03, 2010, 10:02:55 PM »
idiots will find you no mater where you hide.  :eh:
Ernest Penfold master of Kung Moggie
                   For 2014
Figs brought: 0    Figs Painted:0