Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 623130 times)

Bodhi

Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1100 on: May 07, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »
Some little J**k(s) this night smashed my girlfriend's windshield, i wish i could bash his (their ?) teeth of with a crowbar... (drunk guy(s) can really be annoying)

(it feels better when you say it)

COULD have been ladies what did it. Don't jump to conclusions  :wink:

Twosoc

« Reply #1101 on: May 08, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »
Everything at the moment, I don't know why, there is no real reason for it either. But this week I've been really, really grumpy. :(

Wildheart

« Reply #1102 on: May 08, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »
Nothing, absolutely nothing is p-ing me off at present.
My job sucks, but it pays the bills. I've been suffering from tennis elbow on both arms for the last two months (making everything I lift, pull or push extreme agony), but they're getting better. I've had an annoying head cold for the last three weeks, but that seems to be abating.
The weather seems to change for the worse whenever I plan to spend the one day a week I have off with the family, but hey, summer's on they way (isn't it?). And I seem to have a few more grey hairs on my head then I did at the start of the year, but isn't that a sign of distinction?
No, nothing to upset my apple cart.
Life throws up the most infuriating annoyances at times, but you've got to take it on the chin and accept that the pungent brown stuff does happen and don't be too surprised when it does.
My glass is half full, not half empty.  :D   

Bodhi

« Reply #1103 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:22 PM »
Optimists p** me of  :wink:
Not only is the glass half empty but before I'll find the time to drink it the water will probably have evaporated and 'll likely break two front teeth from putting the glass to my mouth so it's safest to smash the glass before that happens and then I'll cut myself on the glass shards and probably die.
 Life sucks and then you die  :P

weirdwolf

« Reply #1104 on: May 09, 2010, 01:07:27 AM »
Getting a phone call at 12-30am from my boss saying that I will have to cover double shifts 'AGAIN' next week (third week running) because the lazy  F':swear: W' :swear:s I work with bunk off all the time. To make matters worse I bumped into one in Tescos today & he was as right as rain, he phoned my boss about 15mins after I had seen him. Laid up in bed with the flu by all accounts... :tantrum: W :swear:er.
Now I could say 'NO' but my employers are seriously decent people (apart from phoning at 12-30am) & have always done well by me... :thumbup:...so I owe them some decent loyalty in return.

I'm in a mood now, think I'll go eat someones face... :twisted: muahahahaha

WW

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 09, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »
At least, in this hard period, there's a lot of work to do...  :shrug:
We are blind to the world within us

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 09, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »
Getting a phone call at 12-30am from my boss saying that I will have to cover double shifts 'AGAIN' next week (third week running) because the lazy  F':swear: W' :swear:s I work with bunk off all the time. To make matters worse I bumped into one in Tescos today & he was as right as rain, he phoned my boss about 15mins after I had seen him. Laid up in bed with the flu by all accounts... :tantrum: W :swear:er.
Now I could say 'NO' but my employers are seriously decent people (apart from phoning at 12-30am) & have always done well by me... :thumbup:...so I owe them some decent loyalty in return.

WW

A member of staff rang me at work at 3 in the morning to tell me she wouldn't be in at 7.15 as she was ill - funny because the Policeman stood in front of me at the time had seen her outside a Nightclub 2 hours before ! Whoops.............
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Bodhi

« Reply #1107 on: May 09, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
What really really REALLY pisses me of is people saying "We like you just the way you are." A covert way of saying "You're useless so we don't want to put any demands on you since we know you wont be able to handle it anyway". Makes me want to punch them. Hard.

weirdwolf

« Reply #1108 on: May 09, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »
At least, in this hard period, there's a lot of work to do...  :shrug:

I know, don't get me wrong my friend I have never shunned hard graft, I just don't like carrying people who skive off work & leave everything to their colleagues... :grrr:

WW

A member of staff rang me at work at 3 in the morning to tell me she wouldn't be in at 7.15 as she was ill - funny because the Policeman stood in front of me at the time had seen her outside a Nightclub 2 hours before ! Whoops.............

Don't you just love it when they make themselves out to look like complete T**Ts... :whistle:

What really really REALLY pisses me of is people saying "We like you just the way you are." A covert way of saying "You're useless so we don't want to put any demands on you since we know you wont be able to handle it anyway". Makes me want to punch them. Hard.

:scratchhead:...I like it when people like me for me, that means I can dribble, swear, fart & get over excited about anything YEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOW! at will... :whistle:  without complaint & if they do then they are telling the porky... :blink:

Meaning no offence to any of our finer gender... :wink: are we talking of a lady saying 'we like you the way you are'... :hmmm

Bodhi

« Reply #1109 on: May 09, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »

Don't you just love it when they make themselves out to look like complete T**Ts... :whistle:

:scratchhead:...I like it when people like me for me, that means I can dribble, swear, fart & get over excited about anything YEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOW! at will... :whistle:  without complaint & if they do then they are telling the porky... :blink:

Meaning no offence to any of our finer gender... :wink: are we talking of a lady saying 'we like you the way you are'... :hmmm

No. Everyone. In an effort to "Cheer me up" Just pisses me of.

Frontman

« Reply #1110 on: May 10, 2010, 12:41:38 AM »

No. Everyone. In an effort to "Cheer me up" Just pisses me of.

That can be very patronizing.

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #1111 on: May 10, 2010, 06:42:30 AM »
If people ever say that to me...I know they are lying :mrgreen:!  I'm a complete pain in the neck ;).
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #1112 on: May 10, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »
"We like you just the way you are."
No one ever says that to me. Because no one likes me
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 10, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
If people ever say that to me...I know they are lying :mrgreen:!  I'm a complete pain in the neck ;).

They could be drunk :wink:

Frontman

« Reply #1114 on: May 17, 2010, 12:52:40 AM »
Having "one of those" weekends.

Saturday
-1: Didn't sleep well the night before.
1: Got home from work early, figured this was going to be a great weekend.
2: Found out the laundry I did shouldn't of been dried.  Wife's sweaters SHRUNK.
2a: She didn't find the humor in it when I said, "Well, I like how they look."
3: Burned a DVD wrong
3a: when making a second copy after correcting the issue, I burned the second copy wrong.
4: A resin miniature I was set to primer fell off of our second story porch when I started to primer.
4a: found all but one piece of said miniature digging through the shrubs.
4b: The miniature is an import from Russia; so its not like popping past the local shop for another one!
5: had leftovers for dinner, our 7 year old complained through the whole meal.
6: stayed up late, waiting for someone to call; that person didn't call.
7: Started talking to my wife; halfway through the conversation I realize she's fallen asleep listening
8: Couldn't fall asleep aggravated over flying resin miniatures and DVDs that were now useless

Sunday
9: Was woken up 5 hours later to my 7 year old's video game
10: Favorite baseball team dropped 2 out of 3 this weekend
11: Went to nap in the afternoon, it was when I fell asleep did the neighbors decide to take their kids out to play....underneath my flat's window.  (Nothing is more pleasing to wake up to than a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum in a language you don't understand.)
12: burned my thumb pulling dinner out of the oven.
13: Person who I was waiting to hear from now wants to talk tonight....about how bad her weekend went.

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:53:18 AM by Frontman »

Offline Lurching Dead

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 17, 2010, 08:38:53 AM »
I sympathise with you Frontman.

That sounds like my life for the last 14 months!

I get stressed at work due to the large amount of stuff to do. When I go home, there are a whole bunch of different stresses waiting for me!

Then my mate who I grew up with and is having a really tough time of it at the moment, comes round on sunday, or is asking me out for a drink over the weekend, not factoring my kids and lack of childcare into the mix. When he does comes round, he will stay for several hours, just hanging about while I have a load of domestic stuff to do I now can't do because he's here! He either wants to talk about what's upsetting him, or talks random S**t about stuff I'm not interested in.

What really annoys me is when I go back into work on Monday and evryone says "Did you have a nice weekend"?

:tantrum:

In all fairness, everyone at work is great, and my family is great and so is my mate. I just don't have any energy to give them what they need.

End rant.   :D
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her." W.C. Fields

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 17, 2010, 09:09:58 AM »
More empathy from me. I've been dumped with a work program that has no slack in it and yet is weather and tide dependent, the higher-ups just took it on without ever looking at the logistics and practicalities of it. If only the tiniest thing goes wrong we have to start running to catch up. And as weather is one of the things that can go wrong then we're constantly running. Unlike most people because I work aboard a boat I can be away from home for a few days and live aboard which means you never really finish work and you can't get away from it until you finally get home. Even if I finish work and we're heading to our home berth I'll still probably have to wait 2 or 3 hours hanging around on the boat unable to do anything until we finally get onto our berth. I'm working 12+ hours a day (and that's using some "creative timekeeping" to keep my hours down) most days and a lot of weekends. 4-5am starts aren't untypical neither are 11pm finishes, sometimes on the same day. I'm constantly stressed, drained from vomitting (I get badly seasick on my boat due to its design so can be visiting the side 8 or 9 times a day until I'm down to green frothy bile), so worn out by the time I do get home that all I really do is eat and sleep. My weekends have become really unproductive because I'm so knackered all I do is slob around.
And my personal life? Well that ain't exactly a bed of roses but I won't bore you with it.

Don't let anyone ever tell you life of a marine biologist is fun, it's mostly sewage, crawly things and being sick.  :(

And the money's carp.
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."

Frontman

« Reply #1117 on: May 17, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »

Don't let anyone ever tell you life of a marine biologist is fun, it's mostly sewage, crawly things and being sick.  :(

And the money's carp.

Marine biologist and the money's carp?

You really do take work stress home with you!  :)

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 17, 2010, 05:47:17 PM »
Suprisingly nothing is p***ing me off at the moment - might be the fact that I only have 8 more days of work to go before 17 days off ! Mind you a lot can go tits up in 8 days.................  :whistle:
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

weirdwolf

« Reply #1119 on: May 17, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »
Suprisingly nothing is p***ing me off at the moment - might be the fact that I only have 8 more days of work to go before 17 days off ! Mind you a lot can go tits up in 8 days.................  :whistle:

You cursed yourself there mate... :crazy: :lol:

Offline Thadrin

• Heretic
  • Why do I always need more Grymn?
    • View Profile
    • Grymn and Bear it
« Reply #1120 on: May 18, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »
At my work there's either wayyyyy too much to do that all needs doing right now, or not very much at all. It's never a nice even level of work so I can just get on with the next thing in the queue.

Sounds odd, but the workload is either full or empty and there never seems to be a happy medium.

It's on a lull at the moment. I could be doing so many more useful things at home...
Fantasy Football Junkie.

Grymn progress: 30/76 painted.

Other projects: Warmachine Dwarfs, Loads of Blood Bowl stuff. Malifaux Ressers.

Offline weareblind

• Heavy Metal or no Metal at all
  • Mighty Fallen One
  • We are blind to the world within us
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 18, 2010, 11:19:59 AM »
Taxes. I mean, here the way to calculate taxes is SO STRANGE AND DIFFICULT that my accountant has doubts also!!!!!!
We are blind to the world within us

Bodhi

« Reply #1122 on: May 18, 2010, 07:40:03 PM »
At my work there's either wayyyyy too much to do that all needs doing right now, or not very much at all. It's never a nice even level of work so I can just get on with the next thing in the queue.

Sounds odd, but the workload is either full or empty and there never seems to be a happy medium.

It's on a lull at the moment. I could be doing so many more useful things at home...

That's one of the things I miss (the only thing I miss) about my days shifting bananaboxes as a dockworker. You worked like bloody h*ll and once you were done you got your pay and went straight of work. Carefree living in a way even though the back hurt for a while. I also miss having ONLY crazed alcoholics as work mates  :wink:

Offline Lurching Dead

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 18, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »

That's one of the things I miss (the only thing I miss) about my days shifting bananaboxes as a dockworker. You worked like bloody h*ll and once you were done you got your pay and went straight of work. Carefree living in a way even though the back hurt for a while. I also miss having ONLY crazed alcoholics as work mates  :wink:

:metoo:

I used to cut grass for a living. Would work from 8am until 9pm in the summer with less than an hour's break through the day. Liked the fact that you could see what you needed to do and what you'd done and when you wnet home, you had nothing to do.

Now I work with kids and rarely get to see the positive effects of the work I do, as it usually kicks in after you've finished working with them. Sometimes they bump into you and say thanks which is great, but it rarely happens. Good work though.
"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her." W.C. Fields

Bodhi

« Reply #1124 on: May 19, 2010, 08:42:21 AM »
Now I work with kids and rarely get to see the positive effects of the work I do, as it usually kicks in after you've finished working with them. Sometimes they bump into you and say thanks which is great, but it rarely happens. Good work though.

Yeah. Me to  :smile: