Author Topic: things that really p** you off  (Read 630774 times)

Offline libertee

• Extreme multi-tasker
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • M.E. is NOT a figment of my imagination
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk
things that really p** you off
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:31:52 PM »
now it never bothered me before i had kids but now.............

Fireworks, specifically fireworks outside my kids bedroom windows when they have just gone to bed, even more specifically fireworks that keep Luke awake for hours which means i have to stay up later to work to 'catch up' as i have spent a few extra hours settling him.  I wouldnt mind but we live in the middle of a residential area with loads of young children so youw ould think they would be a bit more responsible.........nooooooooooo

add to this mix a really stressed out pooch who needs to be drugged this time of the year or she will give herself a heart attack stressing out with the noise and you get a really f****d off Sally.
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather & ask for it back when it starts to rain. 

most mornings i wake up grumpy.   sometimes i just let him sleep.

my life consists of brief snatched moments of living my life hidden deep among chaos, confusion& the  going crazy, every night i go to sleep filled with hope & enthusiasm for the new day coming.  then i wake up & think "here I go again" & just aim to survive.

Lost Boy

Re: things that really p** you off
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »
Unfortunately, people don't give a rat's arse about anyone other than themselves and what they want. So what if it disturbs every one else? So what if they annoy their neighbours? "We're having a good time, so "F*** you!"

I dispair at the way things are... :(

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:53:38 PM »
Fireworks at 2 am

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Lost Boy

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:57:10 PM »
Fireworks at 2 am

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

I was driving into work on Saturday morning, there, and some dick was firing rockets off...at 05:30!

King_Doberman

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:17:06 AM »
I find this helps keeps the noise down a some what.

fold some old bath towel or an old blanket in two and get some Gaffa tape and put them on the inside of your Windows one on the top part of your window and one on the bottom part of your window then just pull them off when you get up in the morning.

PS they are going to get wet / damp.

hope that helps out.

Offline Reaperman

• Brush for Hire. No Space Marines.
  • Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 12:26:25 AM »
My only suggestion is for me to kill everyone in our village Sally. It would be alot quieter and no W!^$*S would steal my wheely bin  :tantrum:
Paint Slave hit list in no particular order:
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Custom_Hobby

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »
I guess the avatar fits then Craig. Here in NYC fireworks are illegal so all you need to do is call the police. The only day we have to deal with it is on the 4th of July when everyone does it. Sorry to hear it lept Luke up. I remember the days when my daughter was his age and how much something like that could have set me off.

S1ND3X

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 06:27:40 AM »
well they're illegal past 11 here except on certain nights
imho like dynamite and handguns you should have to have a license to possess them
now i no i sound like a miserable bugger but really, we've had about 2000 years as a species to get bored of the obnoxious things

Offline Reaperman

• Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 07:18:48 AM »
I guess the avatar fits then Craig.

:twisted: Yep, apart from working for Andy and Sainsburys (supermarket) I have another part time job as a reaper of mortal souls. The hours are atrocious but its good fun
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:01:26 AM by Reaperman »
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline bandit86

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
I can see a new figure on the way  Libby on the rampage whacking the people in the neighborhood

coneman

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 09:18:20 AM »
Fireworks have been banned here for years, but you can guarantee there is no problem, for some people, getting them on new years eve.
My dog went burko last year because of them, tried to jump the fence and sliced her throat open, unfortunately she died before we could find a vet at 1am.

Cats, not that I hate them, I get really peeved with them fighting in my backyard, frontyard, on the house and shed roof in the middle of the night.
It was a nightly occurence but the council supplied cat trap is thinning them out, the registered ones go back to the owner with a nice fine and warning, the others go to animal welfare.

Oh yeh and cat $&!# really stinks when you hit it with the lawn mower too. Makes me  :puke2:

Barry

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 09:57:19 AM »
That was really sad about the dog, but I agree about cats [ soap box moment coming up] What makes cat owners think it's OK to let their cat roam all over the area crapping in other peoples flowerbeds so you get it all over your hands, digging up flowers to hide it, scratching trees with their claws so much it kills the tree and especially killing birds- and chasing our rabbit who is trying to enjoy a run in his own garden. I've no objection to people having cats but keep the filthy little b*****ds on you own land!!!!!! [ soapbox moment over]
B.

Offline Vermis

• Mighty Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Minisculpture
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »
If you've ever kept cats you'll know it's nigh-on impossible to keep them on one piece of land, unless you lock them up in some kind of hutch.
minisculpture.co.uk
DanG on greens:
...before it even gets put into production the response that starts with 'nice job' ends in 'now do another...'

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 10:21:11 AM »
Not ALL cat owners are so irresponsible. My cat stays in and isn't allowed to roam the neighborhood looking for prey and places to crap.

When was the last time you heard of a cat attacking a small child and leaving them with horrific injuries...

Offline Reaperman

• Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »
I could say something here but I have 2 cat owners whom I much enjoy visiting and I'd rather not have ether one ban me from there land on the account of silly comments about there feline friends.

When was the last time you heard of a cat attacking a small child and leaving them with horrific injuries...

When you say small child does that include 22 year old men who tease confinded cats till they attack?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 10:23:23 AM by Reaperman »
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »
I guess the avatar fits then Craig. Here in NYC fireworks are illegal so all you need to do is call the police. The only day we have to deal with it is on the 4th of July when everyone does it. Sorry to hear it lept Luke up. I remember the days when my daughter was his age and how much something like that could have set me off.

I don't know if you made the connection, CH, but this last weekend has been our closest equivalent of July 4th: Bonfire Night, or Guy Fawkes Night, is November 5th
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

We were quite worried about the girls (2 years old and 8 months old), but they both slept through without stiring, regardless of the apparant artillery bombardment going on outside!

Offline Sabbat Wolf

• Dark Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »
As I recall, there has been a 'we hate cats' thread on this forum before and some of the vitriol was not nice reading.  I know this is a thread for things that p***s you off, but the poor moggies have already been bashed elsewhere.

Asking a cat not to roam is like asking a bird not to fly and poo on your car.  It just can't be done.  Neutered cats don't roam as far, but they do still roam.

You can get stuff from many major supermarkets called 'petaway' (and other names along the same theme) it should discourage unwanted cats in your flower beds.

Quote from: Reaperman
I could say something here but I have 2 cat owners whom I much enjoy visiting and I'd rather not have ether one ban me from there land on the account of silly comments about there feline friends.

I wouldn't ban you Craig, I'd just let Splodge play with you when he finally gets out of his cage.  :P
Ancient Proverb #2: Life is a series of frack-ups, linked together by disasters and seperated only by things that go wrong.

Ancient Proverb #3: Life is a journey from beginning to end, so take the scenic route, enjoy the view and visit every pub along the way.

Ancient Proverb #4: When life gives you lemons, demand a refund and buy whiskey.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Big, soft Buffy fanboy
  • Archheretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 12:27:53 PM »
You can get stuff from many major supermarkets called 'petaway' (and other names along the same theme) it should discourage unwanted cats in your flower beds.

Is there something similar for teenagers? I only ask because I caught a couple of chaps trying to take a leak against the wall of my house the other night. I think I showed remarkable restraint by only advising them, in colourful terms, to be on their merry (drunken) way. Those with long memories will doubtless agree that I have also shown remarkable self-restraint by not contributing to the cats discussion in this thread  :angel:

Offline carsjr

• Dark Apprentice
  • A legendary thinker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 01:08:01 PM »

Is there something similar for teenagers?

Yes, for all of your peeing and fireworks lighting Teens - it's called a BB gun.  Break out your old Daisy, and from the safety and anonymity of your upstairs corner window, you can silently snipe away all of your late-light annoyances.  The BB is silent, but mildly painful.  Think about that scene in Trainspotting, but instead of pinging the dog, you ping the unruly teen.  Do it right, and he'll never know it was you.

Either that, or a shotgun full of rock salt.  My 11 year old self won't muck about in that farmer's fields at night again.... 
Unladylike Karate Chops, and Ungentlemanly Haymakers!

johnC

The fox knows many tricks, the hedgehog one good one...

Custom_Hobby

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »
I don't know if you made the connection, CH, but this last weekend has been our closest equivalent of July 4th: Bonfire Night, or Guy Fawkes Night, is November 5th
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

We were quite worried about the girls (2 years old and 8 months old), but they both slept through without stiring, regardless of the apparant artillery bombardment going on outside!

Thanks for the info Keeper. I like the sound of burning an effigie.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:35:40 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Offline keeper40k

• Aetheric Technomancer
  • Fallen One
  • All Your Dice Are Belong To Us
    • View Profile
    • Prince Azalea's Planet of Wonders
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »
Thanks for the info Keeper. I like the sound of buring an effigie.

Yeah, it can be good fun.  Somewhere down south always burns a pope, rather than guy fawkes - anyone remember where?

Offline geronimo

• Administrator
  • Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 03:50:40 PM »
"Remember, remember, the 5th of November,
Gunpowder,treason and plot...."

There's a reason for the old rhyme. It doesn't mention letting fireworks off on the fourth, or the 6th, or the middle of September.  :tantrum:

*duffing over*
Too many ideas....way too little time.
new website
Fenris on facebook

Offline Reaperman

• Global Moderator
  • Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
Quote from: Reaperman

I wouldn't ban you Craig, I'd just let Splodge play with you when he finally gets out of his cage.  :P

Your gunna do that anyway arn't you?  Splodge seems to enjoy scratcing me so its all fair game really. 
And Cats must like me as I've had Ren and stimpy (The whites feral cats) come up to me for a stroke and not shred my hand.
                           Lonewolf (KIA)
                           Sonny (TBA)
                           Ben Brownlie (TBA)
                           Klute (TBA)
                           Paintslave No.4 (TBA)
                           Avicenna (MIA)

Offline gi6ers

• Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • Clatto Verata N... Necktie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 05:06:12 PM »
and I thought animals could sense evil. Just goes to show...

S1ND3X

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 05:16:49 PM »
Thanks for the info Keeper. I like the sound of buring an effigie.

Yeah, it can be good fun.  Somewhere down south always burns a pope, rather than guy fawkes - anyone remember where?
Lewes, for one magical night all become nazi odinists
well they all reveal themselves to be