Author Topic: Heresy Hellhounds WIP Sept 14, 2017  (Read 5694 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Heresy Hellhounds WIP Sept 14, 2017
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:12:16 AM »
So these have been getting assembled.  Sadly, they've been in this state for some time.  We won't talk about that.  Have been trying to figure out how twitter works and this pic was copied to here from my twit-thing, so there's that.

These beasts will be accompanied by two groups of goblins also from Heresy.  The gobs haven't been started yet though.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:57:32 AM by leadhead »
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
Re: Heresy Hellhounds WIP Aug 28, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »
Looking forward to seeing paint on them.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »
Jeesh.  Over 1000 views in four days.  I need to get cracking on these.  Maybe I'll get time on Labor Day Monday.  Saturday and Sunday are booked up.

Edit: The first Monday in September, in Canada, is our version of Labour/Labor Day.  Unsurprisingly, I did not get a chance to go near my hobby table today.  Fhere in the wuck do days off even go?  The clock on my tablet says 9:33 pm as I type this.  I'm fairly certain that it is actually only supposed to be 2:30 pm.  Ugh. :tantrum:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:35:09 AM by leadhead »

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 07:31:30 AM »
Time to work on these has happened!!!  I managed to get most of the filling done.  I pressed onward and got the bases filled and even some mounted on their bases.  Then I broke one.  Actually I broke two.  One while filling and one while filling the base with greenstuff.  Now they are curing.  Tomorrow I should be able to get a quick photo to post here.  Not today though as there is only half an hour left in Sept 11th for me and it is time for bed.

:thumbup:

Then it'll be on to final touches with a file and then primer.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
Re: Heresy Hellhounds WIP Sept 11, 2017 (text only)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
Cool. Looking forward to the pics

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Heresy Hellhounds WIP Sept 12, 2017
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »

As promised a pic-ee.  Obviously the front three aren't attached to their bases yet.  They're the leapers.  The landing ones are a fixed to their bases.  We shall see how they fare unsupported all day.  The runner far left needs a redo on filling on his left elbow.  Sort of visible in the picture.  The glue holding the joint failed while filling gaps.  The standing hounds had better hold as they have all most all feet touching greengook and they were pressed firmly into it.  Enjoy.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Heresy Hellhounds WIP Sept 13, 2017
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:35:49 AM »

OK now we can call this 'coloring in'.  Fresh primer.  Not even dry yet.  There will need to be more file scraping action as some of the filled joints aren't as nice as I would like, or even close to good.  Keep in mind it has been almost two years since I've last assembled little lead toys.  Well that's life and that's it for today.  Going to let things cure for a bit. 

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Heresy Hellhounds WIP Sept 14, 2017
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 06:03:48 AM »

Three days in a row!  I've gone back over some spots on each one with a file.  Quite harshly in a couple places.  Particularly the join between the back legs and torso on the leaping hounds.  They've been resprayed with primer and now I will let them cure until Saturday,  I think.

Wotsat thing in the back left of the photo?  I'll tell you.  If you ask.  But it doesn't have anything to do with this project.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 01:42:04 AM »
Not had time to get back to these.  Next step will be lining the edges between surfaces.  Spines, collars and such.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
Great to see some progress here.