Author Topic: Truly Aweful.  (Read 5281 times)

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
Truly Aweful.
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:24:47 AM »
So I've been watching bunches of Sci fi movies lately.  Trying to watch would be a better statement.  Currently I am grinding my teeth and way through 'Age of Tomorrow'.  Not really sure if I should be admitting to be doing so.  Yes, age of not edge of.  Watched that too.  This mess is so low budget that it is painfully obvious.  The scenes that take place on the alien world are filmed in a botanical garden.  Then the footage is filtered.  I don't know if they didn't notice or they were hoping no body would, but in multiple shots the little signs that identify plants are obvious.  Not readable but obvious.  Closer to the beginning, there were multi multi reused clips most of which weren't even flipped 180 degrees to make them less noticeable.  Just passed a scene where there is literally silly string on some 'alien' boxes.  Really depressing to see Robert Picardo as a general.  The floating drone ball things aren't consistently sized either.  The walls of the corridor in the alien compound are made of plastic shipping pallets.

OMG so bad.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
Re: Truly Aweful.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:37:46 AM »
 :lmao: That sounds terrible.
I finished watching the Shanara Chronicles last night. Luckily it has been a long time since I read the books (which were pretty hit and miss with me) so I could see it just as a normal fantasy romp. I thought it was okay but you really have to separate it from the books to get some enjoyment out if it I'm sure. A lot of people don't like it.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:49:53 AM »
Dear lord, they didn't even try to hide that tree sign.  It was almost legible.  Or the next one.

This is the tag line synopsis thingy.  An anthropologist has to save the Earth when a beacon in the Pyramid of the Sun triggers an alien blitzkrieg.

The only true part of that line is 'alien'.  Nothing at all to do with any pyramid.  Never mentioned once.  What anthropologist?  WTFudge.  Lol

Thousands of pages could be written trashing this crap.  Who else watched it.  Care to comment?

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 05:54:18 AM »
Just saw a water faucet in the botanical garden and two paper tags on trees.  Bamboo grove now.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 06:01:46 AM »
Whose spacecraft whiny like a horse!?!!!???!!??

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 06:07:14 AM »
It also ends without any resolution.  Can't be called a cliffhanger because you would have to care at all about the characters for that.  Funds must have run out.  Mid scene it goes to the credits.

At least I'll never have to see it again.

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 06:31:58 AM »
You did have the option of not seeing it in the first place you know  :wry:
I guess it's like looking at the sideshow freaks though. You don't want to, but you have to.

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
Hard to turn away from a train wreck I guess.

Offline caerban

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • The Dark Side of the Moomin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:35 AM »
Looks like I have my next suggestion for my mate's Bad Movie Night :)
"No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head."