Author Topic: What is a Cheddarmonger, and why do I care?  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Cheddarmonger

• Bringer of Cheese
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
    • Cheddarmongers!
What is a Cheddarmonger, and why do I care?
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:52:16 PM »
I've been a Heresy fan for years now and I used to be a very active participant here.  Life has steered me in other directions, but I do have a gift for this rabble.

Many years ago I created a website, cheddarmongers.org, primarily to be an integrated online community for miniatures enthusiasts.  Many folks from the Forum of Doom joined that site as as a good alternative to Photobucket or other services that limited and/or censored your pictures.  I've done my best over the years, as time permitted, to keep that site running and maintained.

The software running on that site is coming end of life, so now I really have to upgrade it.  This means I might lose some of my functionality.  My big worry is that links to pictures that are hosted on that site will break, at least until I figure out how to fix it.

I tried to send a notice out to all of the folks who've registered on the site, but I've found that there's very few active members and many of the email addresses that folks had, oh, eight years ago no longer work.

So -- I'm reaching out to you folks.  Do you want to be a Cheddarmonger?  Here's what you get.

• I'll never charge anybody any money to use my site.
  • You get a picture gallery where you can store pictures of your miniatures and gaming-related stuff
  • You can create content, like blogs, tutorials, or articles complete with pictures
  • You can have a cheddarmongers.org email address if you want!
  • You can be my friend.
  • Cheddarmongers does not and will not have forum/discussion capability.  Keep your inane blather here!

Feel free to reach out to me if you're interested in joining, if you need to update your contact info, or if you have any feedback for site functionality.

Lookout.  Winter is coming to Minnesota, so I might get to hide in my office and resume some of my miniatures painting!

Cheers,
 -- David "The Big Chese"
Be a Cheddarmonger!
Am I still dragon #149?

Offline snailracer

• Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: What is a Cheddarmonger, and why do I care?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »
I wondered why I suddenly got a message saying I had signed up! Unfortunately I dont do much miniature painting these days but if I do I'll add them to my account

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 02:35:46 AM »
I got the email today.  I'm still using the site and am glad I can continue to do so. :lalala:
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 08:06:33 AM »
many of the email addresses that folks had, oh, eight years ago no longer work.

Thanks to the task of contacting Dragon customers, I know this problem all too well!

I think most people use Facebook instead of/more than forums these days, very few people who aren't on it now! With it's availability and notifications on every phone, tablet, desktop and smart fridge, regular passive forums that don't attempt to pester you every five seconds with your friend's latest picture can't always compete!

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »
I like forums AND Facebook... they both serve a variety of purposes that I enjoy.

I updated my info on Cheddarmongers last night... and I will not bother Uncle Phil while I am there (I promise :) ).
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Graeme

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »
Updated, Thanks.
Once upon not yet, long ago someday
Countless times we've met, met along the way