Author Topic: Imperial Assault  (Read 16085 times)

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Assault
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 07:13:35 AM »
Great job as always

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 06:39:25 AM »
Is it fair to say that most of this stuff looks cooler than the actual movie stuff?  Boggled is I.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
    • Tanks and Trolls, toys for big immature boys!
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
I have managed to put together a smaller complimentary set in the meantime that will consist of barricades, the tunnels and raised platforms, After the latest game on Tuesday I realised that, if your gaming sessions are like ours, we rarely stay focused on the matter in hand and it can end up like trying to herd bloody cats sometimes to get things back in line, this and the issue of a board beginning to fill with heroes and bad guys can make spotting those dotted red lines a real pain in the A-hole. Hence the raised platforms, they are based on the spaces from the board and I have made them in such a way that you can effectively also build your own little raised sections of various shapes for open plan skirmish play. Simple use, the rocky edges are the no entry sides...easy! Not sure on contents yet but the set will probably include multiples of the tunnels, barricades and platforms so there should be plenty for all set scenarios and your own evil and nefarious plans!

I will crack on with fixing down the sets and painting up some samples of the new stuff soon as I am back :)
Anyhow, onto more important things, more smacking around of those pesky Rebel Scum!

Episode IV: There's no hope
 Last night in a front room far, far away, our heroes were joined by the blue headed Rogue Trooper wannabe saboteur's to put the smack down on Lord Vader's personal shuttle. To all our surprise, they started well, moving like a well oiled machine through the stinking trash compactor to face the Stormtroopers waiting for them outside the shuttle bay. Unfortunately it was an Imperial trick (thorough tactical planning more like), as soon as they rounded the corner they came face to face with a pair of Royal Guard and an E-web engineer. Ghaarkhan doing what he does best, smashed in to them like a big furry cannon ball cleaving left and right. They returned fire but the Royal Guard moved up and blocked the passage way stopping the Rebel progress. As they tried to fight thier way past them the Jedi faced off against a Royal Guard in one to one combat eventually beating him to death with his stick. The trooper bravely pushed through to take out the e-web and was severely wounded in the return fire but eventually they broke through and ran for the hanger door. As they gathered near the door about to break in it all went quiet with only a familiar imperial march tune playing in the background. Ghaarkhan kicked the door off its hinges and spotted a couple of Trandoshans in the corner, unsurprised the bounty hunters ran through the door and let loose at short range killing one bomb boy and injuring the other. Everybody let loose at the lizard skinned killers and dropped one to the floor. Spotting his opening the Saboteur ran in and dropped the satchel charge on the shuttle scratching the paint work on the shuttle. From the cockpit Lord Vader gave them the finger and took off leaving them in an empty hanger. They had missed thier chance...again

Defeat: Imperial victory

P.S Looking at Vader's card afterwards It's a shame think I missed my chance of getting him deployed (using a previously purchased agenda card) and cutting them to ribbons, he never got in to play, I was 1 point and lacking 1 turn, damn my decision to heal that trooper early on....guess I am just the caring tyrant type! I also forgot to bring the Xwing Shuttle to sit on the spot...double DOH!

No Pins were harmed in the construction of this miniature...

A glue gun is for life, not just for xmas...

No faffing zone, experts, professionals and rivet counters please look away now!

http://combatzone-scenery.co.uk Buy the inside of my head!

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 06:50:03 PM »
Painted up these 'boltholes & Barricades' looking forward to using them in the ongoing campaign, just bagged the latest 3 sets of miniature expansions too so will crack on with painting them ASAP. Cantina and Barricades set should be available for pre-order from the website at the end of this month...roll on the Hoth expansion!
Small break from the campaign reports while 2 of our players are on shift work, they better be quick or their avatars become unpaid cannon fodder controlled by the other players!

Raised platform examples

Much easier than trying to spot those pesky little dotted lines in the heat of battle!

No faffing zone, experts, professionals and rivet counters please look away now!

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 09:37:10 PM »
Well, that's the IA Return to Hoth stuff painted, roll on the next expansions! Oh the renegades and alternative stormtrooper models from a while back too, I forgot I had done those! Also some WIP on the hoth scenery set :)

apologies for the crappy pictures, about time I started looking for a new camera a guess, this old boy is about 12 years old!

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 02:15:14 AM »
You need a link to your shop in your signature. I'd like to see what you have :)

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 07:27:01 AM »
I love the look of these Minis, especially when you are the one painting them. My friends partner does the boards. His name is Hennings (at least that is what she calls him, Its his surname).

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 07:34:01 AM »
Arctic scenery done! Added a few extra elements such as the downed droid which isn't an interactive part of the game board but just seemed too cool not to include so you could use it as an objective in your own missions or skirmish games!

The Arctic set

painted example

Some in game examples

ps, think I added the shop website to the signature, guess I will find out one I post this!

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 07:49:19 PM »
Finally got round to painting the sets up! Also finished up the contents of the Bespin expansion, latest figure expansions just landed today looking forward to slapping a little paint on them :)

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »
some of the previous releases painted up too, forgot about these!

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2016, 08:53:58 PM »
final wave done...roll on the jabba expansion!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2016, 09:09:23 PM »
Cool, I can't wait to see you paint the Rancor and the Gamorrean Guards (My favourite aliens from the films)

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 10:06:25 PM »
Really looking forward to the Jabba expansion, figures look brilliant and cant wait to see what 3d scenery I can crowbar from the boards, we were chatting about IA the other day, turns out I only have 2 more months before my Diagostini Falcon is all here, its pretty much 28mm scale so we are going to run a game using the cantina sets and the interior of the falcon in a total all out geek fest, there will be pictures :)

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 09:34:44 AM »
Looking forward to seeing that!

*Cough*Jabba's Palace :)

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »
Core minis finished and nearly done the stuff for jabba's expansion, bloody loads of it!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »
Very cool. Love the sarlac sculpt. Can you get 2 and put them together for the complete sarlac?
I must get this expansion!

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »
Really poor light for painting but managed to squeeze out the indoor set for Smuggler's Den. There is a lot in this expansion so we have split it into an 'inny' and an 'outy' (currently painting the outy, pics when its all done). I fiddled around with the layout of the throne, the original artwork was a little too small to sit his lordships booty on, it still keeps the same restrictions but now you can sit the big slugster on it to watch over proceedings. I also magnetised my barge cannon so it can rotate and elevate, it's the little things that please :) Oh there will also be an additional objectives set with most of the bling required from the campaign book

Ps. painted up a couple of the pits to put together just for you mate ;)

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 05:38:20 AM »
very cool. I want that expansion and Jabba. #6 was my favourite because of these guys.

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2017, 04:03:36 PM »
That's the 'outy set' painted!

The pits not actually designed to be a complete circle but that said the tow halfs go together quite nicely, mounted on some board and joins filled it would make a nice bit of tabletop scenery!
The stones on the pit are not random btw, they represent the boundaries of the squares on the board, figured this was a much prettier way of aiding figure placement than ugly great lines in the scenery piece itself

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:05:24 PM by BulldogUK »

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2017, 05:30:12 PM »
There is so much wonderful stuff going on in this thread that it's difficult to know where to start!

That Rancor is proper glorious :)
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

Thar be Dragons: http://reptiliad.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2017, 09:24:03 PM »
Is that Sarlac going to be made available? Shipping would probably stop me buying it but still nice to know these things :)

Offline BulldogUK

• Dark Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:16 PM »
We can certainly work with you mate, give us a shout on the website and we can try and sort something out

In the meantime..

made up a couple of sets of tokens used in the jabba campaign book, things like bags of explosives, structural supports, imperial probes, eggs, data stores, etc. All adds a little more bling to the board and who doesn't get a warm fussy feeling from having bags and bags of explosives right next to their character card!