Author Topic: Sculpting Competition *NEW THREAD*  (Read 19983 times)

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artemisblacks.com
Sculpting Competition *NEW THREAD*
« on: October 04, 2014, 04:24:20 PM »
Hey everyone. The old thread got a lil confusing so this should be all the information in on long-ass post right at the start :)

1. If you entered the competition you should have received a code and an email from Jenn about a week ago. If you didn't please let us know eithere here or by emailing 'pictures at hasslefreeminiatures dot co dot uk'.

2. Whether you used the code or not, you also have the option of asking to purchase any of the minis that were cast that are not in the 'winners mould' (picture below). They are 3 each and again, let Jenn know (There will be a mass email with this info in coming soon, the code in 1 has been extended to cover these delays).

3. Everyone who entered will be getting the contents of the 'Winners Mould' and their own green back (Or a bag of small bits that used to be your green  :shock:). Everyone whose entry was castable will also be getting a metal casting of their own entry. If you would like to purchase more than 1, then again, let Jenn know :)

Right, this is the contents of the Winners Mould...

As mentioned above, everyone gets this :) We tried to make the pack nice and chunky to make up for the long overdue resoltuion of the contest.

Below is the long list of photos of everyone's entry that was cast, these are petty much only available for purchase right now during the clean up of the contest.
(If you right click on the image and open in a new tab you'll be able to see the name we have it registered under for ease of ordering)

[/quote]

IMPORTANT - The majority of the sculpts are not by professional sculptors. That means there were a large number of small issues with the moulding and casting. You 'will' need to do some clean up on these. Some have unavoidable mould lines, some have slightly warped parts etc. Please bear this in mind. his is also reflected in the price.

Ok, I think that's everything. I'll update this post if I've forgotten anything and make a new reply below to let you know what has been updated.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:26:50 PM by Artemis Black »

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
Re: Sculpting Competition *NEW THREAD*
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 05:43:16 PM »
That's better :D.

Even a muppet like me can't get confused now :).

Thanks for the new thread and thanks to Jenn for the photos too :).
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »
Awesome. Photos all look great. Brilliant work on completing this  :thumbup:

Offline ironmammoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 10:43:45 PM »
Hi,

I got the email saying that my figure was cast, but I don't see it on the list.

Did it not survive the casting?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:46:13 PM by Artemis Black »

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 11:47:10 PM »
Hi,

It did, it was accidentally saved as a .JPG instead of a .jpg so the link wasn't working, have amended it now :)

(And removed your image to save a bit of scroll)

Offline kwailung

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Me on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 03:46:25 AM »
OK, pardon me for being a thicko, but are minis cast from the contents of the winners mould going to be available to those of us who did not enter the contest? The great unwashed masses, innocently wishing to part with our cash, as in previous years of the contest?

Offline ironmammoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:41:31 AM »
Thanks

Hi,

It did, it was accidentally saved as a .JPG instead of a .jpg so the link wasn't working, have amended it now :)

(And removed your image to save a bit of scroll)

Offline connexion

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Connexion Bizarre
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »
OK, pardon me for being a thicko, but are minis cast from the contents of the winners mould going to be available to those of us who did not enter the contest? The great unwashed masses, innocently wishing to part with our cash, as in previous years of the contest?
I hope they are because that The'Rule mini kicks ass.

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »

There will be a selection of minis added to the HF store yes, for that though we need to get a set of masters ourselves, clean them, get a production moul sorted etc. So at the moment this is all only for entrants sorry. Keep an eye out later in the year though as a number of them will appear :)

Offline drakkol

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
Order placed and mail sended. ;-)

As i told Jenn via email, thanks for your efforts and for what this contest teached me.  :applause:

Offline Sigur

• Brush for Hire
  • Minion
    • View Profile
    • Visit Battle Brush Studios
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 02:47:11 AM »
Heyhey, thanks for all the effort.

I'm the kind of git who still isn't sure about how the thing works. :D Today I placed an order, and used my code. Does this automatically imply that the models from the winners mold are sent to me along with the models ordered or should I send a little email along just to be sure?

P.S.: My entry was deemed not castble right away, so I never sent in the green.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:06:24 PM by Sigur »

Offline Internalclock

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »
Awesome job. As I said on the other thread, I made a little order :) Cant wait for my bag of loot to arrive. All this Progress has got me pushing putty again too :3

Offline Coenus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »
Great job on sorting everything out, many thanks and looking forward to the pile of metal figures!

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »
Awesome job. As I said on the other thread, I made a little order :) Cant wait for my bag of loot to arrive. All this Progress has got me pushing putty again too :3

Didnt know which email to reply to so sent one to "pictures@hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk". hopefully you guys get it :) just asking for extras of my two in with the other loot :3

Offline Coenus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 02:40:49 PM »
Didnt know which email to reply to so sent one to "pictures@hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk". hopefully you guys get it :) just asking for extras of my two in with the other loot :3
That should do the job, I even got a personal response from Jenn within 24 hours with regards to the state of my green (something I alluded to in my message, but didn't actually ask for) - on a sunday evening no less!

As much as I appreciate the sudden speed of finishing this project, be sure to take some time off every now and then too!  :wink:

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »
Think ive got mine sorted out now,  I had an attack of the thickos, but Jen and Artemis soon explained and helped.   :thumbup:
thank you to both of you for that.  And now I can sit back and wait for the lead  :woohoo:
a happy dauber

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 07:06:07 PM »

I'm the kind of git who still isn't sure about how the thing works. :D Today I placed an order, and used my code. Does this automatically imply that the models from the winners mold are sent to me along with the models ordered or should I send a little email along just to be sure?

Always best to err on the side of caution and email Jenn. We've started sending out the orders/packages now so to guarantee it goes out faster beter to email and clarify that you are done and won't want anything else etc. :)

Thanks everyone else for the kind words, we're at the business end of closing this up now :)

Offline Internalclock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 08:34:40 AM »

Always best to err on the side of caution and email Jenn. We've started sending out the orders/packages now so to guarantee it goes out faster beter to email and clarify that you are done and won't want anything else etc. :)

Thanks everyone else for the kind words, we're at the business end of closing this up now :)

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...

What is the theme for the next one? *ducks*

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...

What is the theme for the next one? *ducks*

Don't make me come over there.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
    • PaintingPossum miniature painting
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41:03 PM »
Just read the newsletter. I *think* I contacted Jenn appropriately but haven't received any dispatch notice for my order almost 2 weeks ago.

Is there a specific way we were meant to respond, besides answering the email with our choices and order number?

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »
Just read the newsletter. I *think* I contacted Jenn appropriately but haven't received any dispatch notice for my order almost 2 weeks ago.

Is there a specific way we were meant to respond, besides answering the email with our choices and order number?

Did you order extras? If so we may have not had enough in to satisfy that. We're picking up the rest tomorrow hopefully, if not then wednesday.

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
nope didnt order any extras

Offline daeothar

• Lurker
  • si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes
    • View Profile
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
I did order some stuff, and also some extras of my own sculpt. I received an email from Jenn, stating that my order was received in good order and that I would be receiving a Paypal invoice for the remainder (my own sculpts), but I have not received that invoice yet.

Not pushing; just making sure that nothing has been overlooked... :angel:
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep. Not screaming, like the passengers in his car...

Offline Artemis Black

• Global Moderator
  • Chosen Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
nope didnt order any extras

I believe Jenn should have emailed you (She said something about a gun, so I hope that's related to your mini and not just a random threat ;) )

Offline PossumCraft

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
Can't it be both?

Yes I got an email from Jenn updating me, thanks muchly ^.^