Author Topic: Moving workshop for rest of this month/most of next! NO ORDERS PROCESSED  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
Hi All

Well, what a busy time of year this is turning out to be! As you may know, I have spent the last 5 years in a windowless dungeon that barely fits the Heresy stuff inside. Well, since bringing the resin casting side of things into play, I have been very much overcrowded in here. My resin casting room is a desk 6 feet long, you can't move for boxes and detritus and it just isn't cutting the mustard. Add in a super-dodgy landlord and general poor state of repair of the yard the unit is in, and it all adds up to being bad for general business.

And now, the Kickstarter has been wildly successful, and it means that I absolutely must have more space to make all the new moulds for all the monsters! My current workshop's contract runs out on 24th September, and thanks to the last minute splurge of funds I can finally afford somewhere bigger, so I've put an offer in on a new workshop on the other side of town. Assuming my offer is accepted, it means a frantic two weeks of packing everything up ready to load into a big van (and taking half of it to the recycling centre probably) and at least a month between packing everything this end and being set up enough to do the orders at the other end, so I'll be forced to close the Heresy shop for the duration as otherwise there will be too big a queue of orders built up.

If you want something between now and end of October (hopefully I'll be set up for packing/shipping before then, but just in case let's say that date) you will need to order it in the next 48 hours as I'll be too busy to cope at that point and will switch the shop to Showcase mode, where you can look but not buy, until such time as I can process things again at the new workshop. (Again, this all depends on my offer being accepted but big warning klaxons are going off right now just in case)

Offline Remerezz

• Minion
  • Aka; Darren, Daz, D
    • View Profile
Re: Moving workshop for rest of this month/most of next! NO ORDERS PROCESSED
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
So you aren't dead! I thought you had been quiet since the end of the Kickstarter!  :silly

It looks like I will need to send an order your way then, as I need at least one mini for the UNDoD!!

I will repeat myself here too; if you need a hand moving just give me a heads up. I have a Citreon Birlingo which fits a surprising amount in it! I would need a little notice mind, as I live 2 1/2 hours from you (near Middlesborough). Plus I may only be able to do weekends - but I won't charge you anything!  :thumbup:
I apologiese; Me + PC =  :doh:

Offline Remerezz

• Minion
  • Aka; Darren, Daz, D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:53:09 PM »
I can't log in on your webstore Andy. I was gonna put a small order in...  :scratchhead:

1st EDIT: I just tried again and the message comes up warning that an error accured. I pressed back on the browser and it logged me in! Confused!  :blink:

2nd EDIT: Order placed!! :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:21:16 PM by Remerezz »
I apologiese; Me + PC =  :doh:

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:16:55 PM »
Confusing the hell out of me too, but I think it might have been a database error. I've done some Install.sql stuff and it let me log in after I did that. It should be working now, but if anyone else has problems, let me know!

Offline Inso

• Global Moderator
  • Really Like Totally The Most Doomey Thing Ever
  • I am a Velociraptor; hear me ROAR!!!
    • View Profile
    • Inso's World
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 07:41:55 AM »
Andy, I know you have been busy with the move and stuff but have you sent out a pledge manager for the kickstarter yet?

I'm hoping that you haven't otherwise I have missed it.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch, locking the gate.

Visit my blog at:  http://insosworld.blogspot.com/    It could save your life!

Do you like Grymn?  This is for YOU!:  http://grymnoutthere.blogspot.com/

My Shop: https://insoemporium.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
If he has, you're not the only one Inso, so I expect not.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:27:52 AM »
You would not believe how much trouble I am having just getting BT to get the phone and internet working at the new unit. Have had to ring them every day since the 23rd of September, and been passed about departments and between incompetent operators like sordid photos of celebrities. I have at last managed to get them to come up with a date, but they've made it the 17th of October!!!
This is blindingly useless, so am trying to have it made earlier.
meanwhile, sorry if I haven't answered emails etc but I have no internet access at work. I have jumped on my wife's computer at home to post this.

Menawhile, I am still tremendously busy setting up at the new unit, and trying to decide if I should put the resin casting stuff in the office, where there is less space but it will be warmer over winter, or out in the main workshop, where there is loads of space but it will be freezing (will have to buy a space heater, one of my favourite names for anything) in a couple of months' time.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
Andy, I know you have been busy with the move and stuff but have you sent out a pledge manager for the kickstarter yet?

I'm hoping that you haven't otherwise I have missed it.

I haven't yet. Totallack of internet and phone at the new unit, still moving boxes and building worksurfaces. Will get it done before end of November, though!

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »
Andy id say set up in the office, easier to heat, and less of a condensation problem,
a happy dauber