Author Topic: NetherLord Mk 1 - Returning Soon  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Tyrant of the NetherHells
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
NetherLord Mk 1 - Returning Soon
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:24:55 PM »
This is a heads-up. The long out of production and much demanded NetherLord Mk 1 will be returning in resin after Salute. The only drawback is I don't want to get myself into any sort of 'queue' situation like with the Dragon (although the main difference is the figure is, of course, finished and would just need extra moulds made to meet demand) so I'll likely be selling it in small batches as and when they are cast.

I *might* run a KickStarter to get the cash for extra moulds, since that seems to be how things work in this industry now if you want to actually sell anything but most likely I'll just sell it in small runs from the off.

This is a resin copy of the original metal model, mainly tweaked (ie two weeks of work!) to make it fit together like a dream compared to the original and some slight mods here and there to pick out detail that might have been lost in the previous version.

I'm expecting there to be some demand for this, so if you want one, watch out for when a few castings suddenly become available. I will announce it on here, and on Twitter and Facebook and stuff, and I will also setup a proudct page for it so that people can use the Product Notification facility on the shop.

The Winged version will be up first, I'll do the spined version at a later date. Rushing to get any castings of it at all for Salute. If you're coming on the day, any that I do have will likely sell out quickly.

No idea on price yet, will have to work it out when I have a complete set of moulds and castings.

Offline Tasker

• Dark Overlord of Hell
  • How far to Hitchin? It's Hitchin i'm missing.
    • View Profile
Re: NetherLord Mk 1 - Returning Soon
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:25:54 PM »
Holy CRAP!... I've wanted one of these for freaking ages.    :blink:

:boing: :boing: :boing: :boing: :boing:

( I've wanted the dragon for ages too. But i'm not going to mention that.   :P )
Tasker the Mighty,
He roams through the countryside,
He never needs a place to hide...

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »
oh eck!  I want one as well, a nd probably another for Sapphire Penguin as well.
a happy dauber

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
An announcement made on April's Fool...  :thinks:
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
:lol: Not this time. Thought about making a spoof announcement, but no. Genuinely, this is what is happening. Am currently fitting the last of the parts prior to making moulds for it in silicon. Meant to have it done last week but it's taken a lot more work than I had expected!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Any chance of wings only? I have the spined version but no wings :(

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:02:05 PM »
They come with half a torso attached, so they won't fit the spined one, I expect. Sort of cheapens the whole collectability/exclusivity of the model if I sell it piecemeal, too...

Offline leadhead

• Thread Killer
  • Dark Overlord of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:32:33 AM »
I started assembling my metal one not long ago...big wings and body started.
Cult of Inevitable Decay painted:  93/123 (Heresy), 22/22 (non Heresy)

What was that universal greeting?  "Bah weep, grah nah weep, ninny bong!"  Hot Rod, Transformers: The Movie

I have a tweeter thing now.  I might even use it.  @leadpaintshed if I can figure out how to

Offline DarthSte

• Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:47 AM »
Holy CRAP!... I've wanted one of these for freaking ages.    :blink:
Me too! I'm going to snap one up for my "Yeah, I may paint this one day, when my eyes are fixed and I no longer shake when painting" box.

If it is an April Fool, then it's a super mean one.

Offline DRAGON

• LORD OF WHITE METAL MOUNTAIN
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 09:06:30 AM »
Put me down for one to !  :D
Heaven doesn't want me. Hell is afraid i will take over !
OFFICIAL WINNER UDOD 2012
Minis painted this year (2013) : Too few !
Heresy Dragon - paint in progress - coming soon... seriously !

http://foddragon.mybrute.com

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Chosen Heretic
  • Errh ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 10:58:15 AM »
Huzzah!

(No buying announcement yet, though... I suppose my wife would kill me if I'd bring another big mini without having my lead mountain reduced before.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:20:27 AM by Shaved Dwarf »

Offline Beastlord

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Oh yes..... This was the mini that brought my attention to Heresy, and via Heresy to the whole world of mini companies other than GW. I saw it in Harbringer years ago but didn't have the money at the time to actually buy it.  It will be amazing to own one of these - its really quite a nostalgic figure for me in a weird way.
Its "I couldn't care less"  :tantrum:

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »
Via facebook.

If you all want to follow me on Kickstarter, that'd be awesome. NetherLord Kickstarter coming soon!

Not up on kickstarter yet but here's the link to Andys profile https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/742461946

Don't think I'll be able to pledge for the mini Andy but I'll send a bit of cash your way to help. (Seeing as I have one already anyway)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:54:32 AM by beefcake »

Offline Balgin Stondraeg

• Supreme Archfiend of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 02:31:44 AM »
How do we follow someone on kickstarter anyway?
Balgin Stondraeg, proud member of Clan Stondraeg, son of Guthram, husband of Urwena, brother to Hengrek, Murnak and Dradan. Father of Cigfa. Miserable old fool to disrespectful friends.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 06:04:25 AM »
I think just wait for more info. I don't think you can follow a project until it is up and running. Could be wrong though. I imagine Andy will make a proper announcement when it's all go.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:49 AM »
How do we follow someone on kickstarter anyway?
It's a weird site, Kickstarter, not easy to find anything out at all. As far as I can tell, you sign up to Kickstarter with eg your Facebook account or Twitter, and it uses your friend list to show you which of your vfriends are already there under Find Friends. I have no idea how it works if you don't use Facebook or Twitter, though!

I'll be launching the project in the next week or two, so you can sign up then if you haven't ... Won't be a big project, just a couple of weeks long.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:18 AM »
Any news on when this starts. I want more trolls and big beasties ;)

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
Still desperately finishing off and tidying up details. I've just been working on resurrecting the Spined Netherlord this weekend, for instance. Had to take the spines off the back of the previous metal version, and sculpt a new back onto the front half of the torso for the spines to slot into (whilst trying to match the style of the older sculpt). Also trying to get all the old monsters sorted at same time, which is mainly filling and smoothing.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 02:11:46 AM »
Can't wait!

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:06 AM »

WIP of Job's A Good'Un Big Boris (JAGU Boris), a modern revisit to the original JAGU Boris from 2003. His hands have gotten a little large. they're supposed to be big, and the picture makes them look even bigger, but they're maybe 10% bigger than they should be so I'm trying to resist the urge to chop them up and re-sculpt. But this gives you an idea of the model, which will be a reward for everyone who pledges 20 or more to the Kickstarter. (There's also a knife that goes on his waist but it's not in this pic.)

Big Boris is my FigureHead model, he's in the full version of the company logo. He's a half-ogre (although some in his clan said it might in fact have been a half-ogre/half-Giant responsible) and stands around 8 feet tall. As he's matured, he's gained a few more ogre-ish chacteristics such as the bigger hands, healing factor, and insane joy for violence. Also the ferocious appetite and the overpowering body odour. All this on top of a Barbarian's own berserker fury.

NOTE: The purpose of the Kickstarter is not only to get the funds to re-release my old monsters, but to see if I can get the money to take the rest of the year 'off' from regular orders and concentrate on casting dragons and monsters! It will launch as soon as I've master moulded the first wave of monsters... hopefully within the next week!

https://www.facebook.com/HeresyMiniatures/photos/a.828364093842596.1073741832.111400898872256/828364120509260/?type=1&theater

Feel free to add the pic of JAGU in here if you want Andy rather than the link. Looks pretty cool :D