Author Topic: Hürn MK III  (Read 6989 times)

Offline fazz91

• Worthless Imp
    • View Profile
Hürn MK III
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »
I love the previous Hürn models and I have purchased both of them. I would love to see the next model in the series have this mask:

http://images.wikia.com/avp/images/2/2f/Celtic_Predator.jpg

I love that mask style and I think it would look great on the Heresy Hürn.

Offline DarthSte

• Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Hürn MK III
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
As Prodos Games seem to have acquired the AvP licence, might it be a bit risky for Andy to make another Hürn right now? :(

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »
I'd Agree with that whole heartedly DarthSte. Andy's ones look much more intimidating.

Offline Big Boris

• aka Andy Foster, Heresy Miniatures Owner/Prisoner
  • Administrator
  • Dragon Slayer. At last.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heresyminiatures.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
Certainly would seem a bit rude of me to do that at this point, if nothing else! Prodos have paid money for their licence, don't want to step on their toes any more than if others made a figure I had a license for. Uh...not that I'll stop selling the Hürn II until it runs out, though... :oops:

I always intended for the Hürn to take a new direction anyway, and be less Predator looking...

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:48:06 AM »
Certainly less predator-y in the head area, anyway...

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:58:17 AM »
I wonder what the 'Prodos Procast Process' is. I'm told that certain spincastable resins that are available and that some people are using, actually deteriorate and crumble after 2 years. Hope they aren't spincasting and using those same resins!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513277403/alien-vs-predator-the-miniatures-game?ref=city

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »
I'm quite surprised that the numbers are so low on that game so far. Thought they'd go interstellar almost instantly.

Offline a_thousand_hats

• Outrageously Optimistic
  • Chosen Heretic
  • Planning world domination on a budget of 12 pence
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »
I think it's reputations that are stalling the uptake on the KS. CMON get quite a bit of grief online about the delivery of KS's they are involved in. Think Prodos may have bit of history which some people seem to have issues with too (dunno what that is just something I've picked up through surfing around the topic).

KS funders in general are certainly more aware of the various issues involved in how KS campaigns are run (and the tricks/techniques used by companies running them) and the issues surrounding delivery so more careful how they put money to things it seems.

Which is only natural - it a maturing marketing/funding device and people are more savvy the more time goes by.
Once more to the breach my friends...

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »
I don't think Prodos' history can be much of an issue, since the company is less than one year old. The shipping of their Warzone KS was off by a few months, but that's very common, and even something to be expected since it was a true blast. If you end up with four-five times more minis to manufacture than you expected...

In my opinion, what's putting people off* the AvP KS is that it seems expensive when compared to other kickstarters. The boardgame per se is good value compared to usual boardgames bought at retail, specially if you take into account that usual games come with poor pvc minis but the AvP ones are resin. And the license isn't cheap, as far as I know.
But the add-ons are expensive. Some not too much (common aliens and marines work at 3 pounds per mini), but others are pretty expensive (the predalien and predators are 10 pounds); and 20 pounds for a praetorian alien seems too much.

* As much as you can tell that about a project with 1100+ backers and 170.000+ pounds collected, with 13 days to go.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Ajsalium

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 12:56:08 PM »
And CMON is only taking care of distribution in America. They aren't involved in any way in the development of the game and/or KS (unless we've been seriously lied to!).
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »
Yeah, I expect a lot of dragon-related comments when I run mine. Thing is, I'm only going to run a kickstarter for stuff that I've got sculpted and ready to put into production, no renders, no sketches if I can avoid it! I'd rather take less money and know it will all go out on time than get into another Dragon Saga Farce.

Offline trueName

• Initiate of the Inner Dark Path
    • View Profile
    • Ostragoth Publishing
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »
The expense does seem to be an issue - that and the stretch goal milestones were seen to be just unlocking other things you could buy at first.

Also I think the communication from Prodos has been bad - not much in the way of comments from them, and one early comment from a backer about the price for the boxed game was met by quite a stroppy response.

Andy - the dragon may well pose an problem to your kickstarter - were you planning on trying to get as many dragons as possible shipped before you start, or is it a case of the kickstarter funds partly helping get the dragon on it's way?

This thread seems to have been thoroughly hijacked now.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »
Both, in all honesty. Things are dire, have been for last two years. If I can run a Kickstarter and get some funds in, and then use whatever extra funds to finally sort the dragons out and hire a staff member, things might turn around at last. As it stands, if things don't turn around, then Heresy will close within the next 9 months and nobody will get dragons at all. Time to roll the dice.

Offline Ben Brownlie

• Badger Loving Fluffster
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Archfiend of Hell
  • Ninja Hugger of Doom
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »
For me it's the money (now that I am satisfied that the figs will probably be cast well and not like a certain previously backed KS) .

The figs look great but if you want a horde of them you'll need to shell out... and Aliens def work best as a horde!

Offline a_thousand_hats

• Outrageously Optimistic
  • Chosen Heretic
  • Planning world domination on a budget of 12 pence
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »
Ajsalium and trueName make good points - I was aware of the CMON shipping role and that Prodos were involved in something else, couldn't have named warzone without digging though. It's just the strange slightly negative vibe emanating from a few corners of the web I must have been picking up on.

The cost isn't something I'd looked at, having sworn myself off KSs now (I backed two last year), but it does 'look' pricey in comparison to others in the genre. But it is understandable for the materials and licence, 'perception' is everything I guess. If I wanted it I'd be happy to pay the price for resin rather than restic but I think the big giveaway KSs have skewed public expectations.

Be really careful looking at KS as a way of helping your biz sort the dragon out Andy. No need to create an additional rod for your back. I know you must be looking at all possibilities for turning the biz around but I think running a KS when you're clear of the dragon would be far more successive (and less stressful) than running it with the dragon backlog in the background.

(I'll drop you an email in a bit have had an idea for a while that might be worth exploring).
Once more to the breach my friends...

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »
My plan for the KS is very planned. Set figure high enough to make really good sprue of plastic, covering costs, shipping and wages of someone hired to help pack the necessary amount of orders and some left over for debt-relief. I intend to make sure that at the end of it, I am not looking at a massively increased workload for no money. I'm not being drawn into saying "i'll do X, y and Z and if we hit this I'll sculpt some of these and and that and this!" One project at a time. I can't do the game yet because I have to admit it's too much work for one man, for instance, so I'm starting with skeletons. Skeletons will allow me to do the next sprue, which most likely will be zombies, based on skeletons. And so forth. The advantage of plastics is that as long as everything for the sprue is sculpted, and I've had the OK from the plastic man that everything will work in a steel mould, all I have to do is give the finished 3ups over to him and he'll sort out all the manufacturing end. I await the boxes of sprues to arrive and then pack them. that's the bit I'll need help with, so I have to add funds into the goal to cover it. I should have around 4 months from end of Kickstarter to sprues arrival, whihc should be time enough to find a new minion and get some more dragons cast.

Offline beefcake

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »
I have to say I'm really looking forward to a ks from you Andy. The skellies look great and should be a winner.

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
Apparently someone has linked to the Hürn II on the AVP kickstarter. Prodos understandably upset.

Please don't do this!

Also, I wouldn't expect Hürn II to be available much longer...

Offline Bungle

• Fallen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
So are they going to be linking the Hunters and INAPs too... :paranoid:

And no I am not going to link them here.
Bungle         Steders loves goats                Ben Loves badgers

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
I already posted this on it's own thread, but Hürn II goes Out Of Production as of midnight tonight. If you want one, get one before then!
http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54&products_id=128

Offline Big Boris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 12:39:12 AM »
Aaaand it's gone.