Author Topic: scale model world 2013  (Read 11958 times)

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
scale model world 2013
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
Don't know how many of my fellow FoDers fancy going.
But this years scale model world show is 9th and 10 of November at Telford in the UK
lots of stuff for modellers, both to look at and to purchase.
link below
http://smwshow.com/
a happy dauber

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
Re: scale model world 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:20:26 PM »
I went last year, will probably go again...
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:40 PM »
if you do I may well be at / around the What - If group table.
sat I may be with my father in law, sun ill be on my todd, so available to yak away.
a happy dauber

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »
I'll keep an eye out! I'll be with my 13 yo son on sat.
"So far in begging stakes Brandlin is waaay ahead with his grav bike"  -  Sally 8/10/08

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 08:18:20 AM »
<rant_mode="on">

Well, that was less than satisfactory!

Drove 70 miles to Telford.

Got thrown round the one way system by the volume of new building works in Telford -took extra 15 mins.

Got to conference centre to be directed into a dead end with 'car park full' signs. Three security guards for the exhibition centre more interested in talking to each other than helping stop the traffic chaos or direct people to other car parks. Turned quite abusive when I asked for directions, got the 'not our problem pal' response.

Parked finally at far side of Telford main shopping centre.

Walked about a mile back to the exhibition centre.

Entrance staff unable to take cards for entrance fee so went to cash machine in exhibition centre (which I had planned to do as had been here and used it before) to find it was empty of cash. Exhibition staff told me 'oh it's been empty for weeks!'.

Walked back to Telford town centre to find cash machine.

Walked back.

Paid entrance fee. Finally entered show over an hour after arriving at the exhibition centre.

Venue far too hot!

Show was a good mix of old fashioned vendors with boxes piled high that you have rummage through :) I love that, and clubs displaying their built models.

Had a shoe torn when a woman with a push chair rammed it into my ankle. Not even an apology.

Bought a couple of tools at a good price (always makes you happy). But couldn't find the two kits I really wanted anywhere :(

Walked all the way back to my car in a half falling off shoe only to find that a) I'd outstayed the maximum stay time, so had to pay a penalty, b) some bumfudge had keyed both sides of my car deep to the metal and gouged the badges off the front and back.

Drove home thoroughly pissed off and vowing never to go to Telford again. And due to the attitude of the exhibition staff vowing never to attend anything at that venue again. Sorry IPMS, not your fault, but truly you we're let down by your venue.

At least I listened to the Liverpool game on the radio on the drive home. So there was one ray of hope in the day.

Got home, opened bag found somehow I had someone else's bag (IPMS red freebie plastic carrier - everyone had one) with different stuff in it. There were no purchases in this bag, but there were cards, leaflets and magazines and their empty lunch wrappers. So I have lost the tools I bought, and the names of companies I was jotting down to google later.

<rant_mode="off">

Offline beefcake

• Tyrant of the NetherHells
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
That would go down as one of the most crap days ever.
I once had my car keyed up and down both sides, got every panel except the bonnet and roof basically.

Offline Brandlin

• Mighty Fallen One
  • UnDOD2013
    • View Profile
    • Brandlin's
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »
That would go down as one of the most crap days ever.
I once had my car keyed up and down both sides, got every panel except the bonnet and roof basically.

Yeah they got eight panels. Front and rear quarters, front and rear doors, both sides. And they damaged bonnet and boot getting the badges off.

Offline Mr Teufel

• Mighty Fallen One
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 08:57:34 AM »
Geez that's rough! :(

Offline Steel Penguin

• Dark Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
geep Brandlin  that's bad, :swear:  I will say try contacting SMW  or IPMS and see if anyone handed your bag in.  after that  bad luck you deserve some good.
a happy dauber

Offline ballistic_bro

• Dark Lord
  • Do I need to say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »

Walked all the way back to my car in a half falling off shoe only to find that a) I'd outstayed the maximum stay time, so had to pay a penalty, b) some bumfudge had keyed both sides of my car deep to the metal and gouged the badges off the front and back.

Sounds like a bad day all round. It might be worth checking if you really have to pay that ticket or not, if it wasn't issued by the council, you might be able to ignore it.
Check here for more info..............http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets
Hope things improve for you.  :smile:
There's one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart.
If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow,
there's one thing you never ever put in a trap,
me...........

Dr Who (2010)